forum

How to create animated parts for a skin, and the best way to go about it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IkuKazumi
Hello, to all that see this post.

Essentially, the title says it all. I just want to ask for guidance on how to create animations for osu! skins, since I have started to create more complicated skins. I've seen how animated backgrounds and health bars (such as whitecat's for example) are split into frame-by-frame pictures and are labelled 1-x (x being however many frames there are in the animation).

I want to take a small gif and use it to create an animated skip button and back button, although I'm stuck at how to go about doing it. An idea that I had originally thought of was to create a really short video of the back button/skip button, then figure out how to split it into it's individual frames, but I have yet to figure out how.

Any advice on how?
RockRoller
Exporting a video is not the way to go. One of the many reasons is that this would not keep transparency.

The way to go is to export your animation as a png sequence, pretty much any decent program that can do animations should allow you to export as a png sequence, e.g. ps, ae or blender.
Topic Starter
IkuKazumi

RockRoller wrote:

Exporting a video is not the way to go. One of the many reasons is that this would not keep transparency.

The way to go is to export your animation as a png sequence, pretty much any decent program that can do animations should allow you to export as a png sequence, e.g. ps, ae or blender.
Alright, I'll give that a shot.