forum

!catch How to shrink skin width without making the whole image smaller

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack
So, I really hate how the fruit phases throuh my platter thanks to how the fruit's hitbox is only on the center of it, therefore, I have a platter here that is smaller in width than the hitbox is, in order to compensate for how the fruits are smaller then they seem. You sort of see what I'm doing here? Balancing out both sides of an equation, since the fruits are smaller, I gotta make the plate smaller so that the plate will look like touching the edge of the fruit with the edge of the plate will work.

However, when resizing the .png images so that it'd be calibrated to my fruit size I found that I couldn't give myself a skinnier platter, instead the entire plate got smaller and it was like, super duper tiny like smaller then the fruit textures I use,

So how do I make it so that the fruit catcher texture is shortened lengthwise while maintaining the same height?
JustABeginner
Hi again!

If you're using Photoshop, unfortunately I can't help you there. You could wait for others to reply or simply go to Youtube and search for a simple tutorial.

If you're using GIMP, you consider yourself lucky.
First, find "Scale Tool" in the tool options and click on the fruit catcher. Once you've done, you should be able to see this.

If that chain icon - between the "width and height", and "px", is not attached like in that picture, you should be good to go. If not, click on it to detach it.

Once you're satisfied with your image, find "Alignment Tool" to readjust the position of the image.
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi again!

If you're using Photoshop, unfortunately I can't help you there. You could wait for others to reply or simply go to Youtube and search for a simple tutorial.

If you're using GIMP, you consider yourself lucky.
First, find "Scale Tool" in the tool options and click on the fruit catcher. Once you've done, you should be able to see this.

If that chain icon - between the "width and height", and "px", is not attached like in that picture, you should be good to go. If not, click on it to detach it.

Once you're satisfied with your image, find "Alignment Tool" to readjust the position of the image.
I just want to confirm, have you done this before? Because I tried the same thing online and instead of making the image skinnier, it ended up making the image skinnier and so small that the platter was smaller than my fruit
JustABeginner
Yup, I've done that method before and always when scaling images while making skins.

I assume that the image becomes skinnier and smaller because the value of width with the height decreases. As long as the height is not disturbed, you should be fine.
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack
Yo I'm at "Allignment Tool", I can't find any tutorials on how to make my thing no longer shifted to the side. https://imgur.com/a/hKNavYp
JustABeginner
Have you clicked on the image? It should have all four vertex points around it. If they're shown around the yellow-dotted line, you could now adjust with the tools from your left, how do you want.
h3oCharles
look at the skinnable files list spreadsheet thingy
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack

JustABeginner wrote:

Have you clicked on the image? It should have all four vertex points around it. If they're shown around the yellow-dotted line, you could now adjust with the tools from your left, how do you want.
Thanks dude, ua da man, it worked, and now the platter is tuned so that the edge of the fruit appears to be the elngeth of the hitbox, even though only the center of the fruit has a hitbox.