forum

No More Miss - [osu!NMM] | Software to help you improve on Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

No More Miss is a software to help you improve on Osu!
by offering you objectives at your level, based on a challenging miss calculation.

Introducing the software

No More Miss was knowned before as No More Fail, but got a brand new graphic interface to help you using it easily.

By a map chosen on Osu!, this software will give you a number of miss that you will not have to reach in your next play of the map. You can also add mods to the map to make the challenge harder or easier, NMM will adjust the result to make the challenge doable for you. Choose a map, launch the software and... Good luck ! :3

NMM can provide you other usefull tools to help you in your way to the top player rank. You can save maps into the software to check the objectives easily and faster or press the big Go which will give you a challenge based on your personnal skill. Also, you have an NMM profil that you can adjust to put the difficulty at the level that you want. And many other usefull update coming soon (any idea ?). But NMM is still in devellopement, so I highly recommend you to check the [How to use ?] section to understand how to use it correctly and what can go wrong with it.

How to use ?

NMM is really easy to use, there is some explanation to introduce you into it.
Add button
To add a map, choose a map on Osu! and click on the [+] button. Follow the instruction and you will get a result depending on the map chosen, this number will represent the number of miss that you will not have to reach in your next play of the map.

Challenge mod
Since version v1.1, NMM have a new challenge mod added that you can access by pressing on the Go button. Based on a random map chosen from your NMM library, this challenge will provide you a number of fail depending on the map chosen with mods to increase or decrease the difficulty. (Ps: This "challenge" mod is not complete, stay tuned for a futur update, more fun is in coming :1 )

Adjusting the result
If the challenge given is too easy or too difficult, you can readjust the result by pressing the stars button at the final result page or into your library.

Check the map saved
You can save maps into your library to access them easily. You will be able to add mods and change the level of difficulty to the challenge if you found it too easy, or too hard.

When you create your profil at the start of NMM it will be saved and can be removed anytime that you want. You can access or remove your profil by the profil button.

There is some rules that you have to follow to make NMM work correctly:

1. Run the software as administrator
    To let the programm modifie saves and data
  1. Do not remove or modifie the extension file
    This can make the programm crash and make permanent issues for the software
  1. You will need an internet connexion
    The software need an extension installed at the first run, located in your program file

>>> Version v1.2 available now !!! <<<

Changelog: new online/API tool for map detection added, in app settings access, refined reliable percentage and more ...

Download (Windows)

Old version:
v1.0 - not available
v1.1 - not available

To do

Done
  1. Adding user profil - *done!*
  1. Adding saving system for map and library - *done!*
  1. Adding readjustment for screen resolution / in game resolution - *done!*
  1. Adding training (challenge) mod - *done!*
  1. Adding notifications and auto-update detection - *done!*
  1. Adding online osu!api searching for maps - *done*
Incoming
  1. Add maps from a collection - *in progress...*
  1. Adding functionalities - *in progress...*
  1. Adding friends profil and miss objectives comparison
  1. Adding skins and custom skins
  1. Repair issues and bugs - *in progress...*
  1. Making the software easier / tutorial (if needed)

Help
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why using the stars button at the end of a calculation didn't help me to have a better result ?"
The stars button will readjust your overall profil difficulty. So the problem is maybe because of a wrong information when you register the map, or because of a bad answear for the first question (How did you found the map ?). In this situation just go back and answear the question correctly or verify the informations of the map that you wrote.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why the searching button is'nt working !?"
Note: Since NMM v1.2, this problem is not a problem anymore !

The searching button allow NMM to scan the beatmap in game and take out the informations detected. The problem can appear by multiple reasons:

> Your screen resolution is not between 1280x278 to 1920x1080
> Your Osu! game resolution is not between 1280x278 to 1920x1080
> Your game is not in fullscreen or at least centered into the screen
> Your skin on Osu! is obstructing the visibility of the map informations
> Something else like an overlay or your cursor is obstructing the visibility of the map informations
> The name of the map or others informations are in a different language than english

Sometimes, for some reasons NMM can't detect specific beatmaps because of their too high or too low bpm. You can't do anything about that :/ , but you can always enter manually the informations...

"What do I do to get my APIKey ?"
To get your APIKey, click on the "get my API key" button or go to this website:
https://old.ppy.sh/p/api

Then enter the informations required.
I advise you to put your personnal informations like this:
App Name: *YOUR USERNAME*
App URL: *YOUR OSU USER PAGE*

or, use the infos of the software:
App Name: No More Miss
App URL: community/forums/topics/1171930

Both work fine !
Warning: Your APIKey is personnal ! Don't give your key to others, it would be really unfortunate :/

If you have another issue and you didn't found any answear, say it in the comment
(I will try to respond quick !) or send me a message. Take a time to check the [How to use ?] section, it's highly recommended for avoiding any issues.

Molly Sandera
This sounds interesting, might use it frequently in the future
Phantonym
looks cool!
IncrediMan
Don't mind me, I'm just posting this comment so I can find this thread faster when I will be on my pc tomorrow :)
Saieesh
This looks really cool! But I'm on linux aaaaa! Maybe if you could provide a 32-bit version I may be able to install it? I'm not really sure though.
haha i rolypoly
sounds nice
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

Saieesh wrote:

This looks really cool! But I'm on linux aaaaa! Maybe if you could provide a 32-bit version I may be able to install it? I'm not really sure though.
Hello, thank you for your comment !
I'm working on it, I will do an update to allow 32-bit and others platforms to download it. Stay tuned, I will be back soon :3
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

>>> New update available !!! <<<

Version 1.1 - 21/02/2021

Including: New challenge mod, new update detection, new help and infos notifications and more ...

Don't forget to notify me for every bugs or issues encountered, it will be fixed next version (I promise :3) !
Molly Sandera
I ran into an issue. in my pc, NMM can't detect the map automatically, i belive this has to do with my installation not being in the default folder, so will you add installation folder to the initial settings?
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

Molly Sandera wrote:

I ran into an issue. in my pc, NMM can't detect the map automatically, i belive this has to do with my installation not being in the default folder, so will you add installation folder to the initial settings?
Hello. Thank you for your message !

At first launch, NMM will download a tool for map detection which will be installed in your "C:\Program Files\NMM_extension"
If you find the "Tesseract-OCR" file in the folder then NMM have successfully downloaded the tool
The problem that you encounter (I think) is more about the way you try to detect the map on Osu!
Many maps are too hard for the program to detect because of too high BPM or other wrong informations

To provide issues, make sure that:
- At first launch when you set up the resolution, NMM told you that it was fine for detection
- You launch NMM as admin
- Your skin, a cursor or anything else (like discord overlay) is obstructing the visibility of the map informations
- You open Osu! and the map chosen before the ring sound

If everything is correctly executed but is not working anyway, then you can go for the "Help" section of the forum, and in the "How To Use" section (at the "Searching maps" part)

Finally, a new version will be released soon and it will provide a more accurate way for detection with an internet connection. Stay tuned :3
Molly Sandera

TheSupremeEagle wrote:

Molly Sandera wrote:

Hello. Thank you for your message !

At first launch, NMM will download a tool for map detection which will be installed in your "C:\Program Files\NMM_extension"
If you find the "Tesseract-OCR" file in the folder then NMM have successfully downloaded the tool
The problem that you encounter (I think) is more about the way you try to detect the map on Osu!
Many maps are too hard for the program to detect because of too high BPM or other wrong informations

To provide issues, make sure that:
- At first launch when you set up the resolution, NMM told you that it was fine for detection
- You launch NMM as admin
- Your skin, a cursor or anything else (like discord overlay) is obstructing the visibility of the map informations
- You open Osu! and the map chosen before the ring sound

If everything is correctly executed but is not working anyway, then you can go for the "Help" section of the forum, and in the "How To Use" section (at the "Searching maps" part)

Finally, a new version will be released soon and it will provide a more accurate way for detection with an internet connection. Stay tuned :3
I see. Only once did it seem to recognize a map near correctly. It did say that my resolution is fine, but i wondered if there was a way to do the setup again, especially since i use vertical padding(i set osu letterbox in a way that the game screen isn't centered vertically, but a a little higher. I'm gonna try to have the game in focus while it's doing the detection, maybe that's why. (I also use compatibility mode)
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

Molly Sandera wrote:

I see. Only once did it seem to recognize a map near correctly. It did say that my resolution is fine, but i wondered if there was a way to do the setup again, especially since i use vertical padding(i set osu letterbox in a way that the game screen isn't centered vertically, but a a little higher. I'm gonna try to have the game in focus while it's doing the detection, maybe that's why. (I also use compatibility mode)
Ya I see.

Then you can go to the "NMM_extension" file in your "program file" folder, then go to "saves", "data" and then remove the file "settings", which contain your resolution. Run NMM.exe back again and you will be able to update your settings :3

Hope that's enough, if it's not I'm working on a new update which will remove all of these problems and you will also be able to reset the program easier into the program itself !
Molly Sandera
Alright, I'll try to check it out tomorrow to see if it works
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

>>> New update available !!! <<<

Version 1.2 - 16/05/2021

Including: New online/API tool for map detection, in app settings access, refined reliable percentage and more ...

Don't forget to notify me for bugs or issues encountered, it will be fixed next version (I promise :3) !
Molly Sandera
Topic Starter
TheSupremeEagle

Molly Sandera wrote:

got an issue with api key, this comes up: https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/723158231740055603-847010140972122142-unknown.png what do i do?
Thank you for your message, and your patience.

For these informations you can basically put wathever you want as long as the url is working.

I advise you to put your personnal informations like this:
App Name: *YOUR USERNAME*
App URL: *YOUR OSU USER PAGE*

or, use the infos of the software:
App Name: No More Miss
App URL: community/forums/topics/1171930

Both work fine :3
Warning: Your APIKey is personnal ! Don't give your key to others, it would be really unfortunate :/

I am adding this commentary in the "help" section for those who enconter the same problem !