forum

macOS Updated Wineskin Installation Guide (Rosetta support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
PoofSoulslimm

Oblivous wrote:

Maybe it would work but you would need to update the wineskin to 64-bit in order for it to even run on Catalina & Big Sur.
I have unofficial wineskin so I'll try that
genki-
Nothing fancy rn I just wanna play! I'm seeing this even after running the troubleshooter and if I go into terminal with the sudo, it will still read that there is no such file. I'm running High Sierra, should I restart?
Noir Report
Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14019)
Engine: WS9Wine4.0-rc3
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Release: Stable40
Quarantine attribute is absent
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Compatibility mode is disabled
System Integrity Protection is disabled
Engine version is supported
Razer Synapse is absent
No errors in: update.log
Log file: runtime.log is absent
aidswidjaja
Noir_Tsukiyomo32
Nothing fancy rn I just wanna play! I'm seeing this even after running the troubleshooter and if I go into terminal with the sudo, it will still read that there is no such file. I'm running High Sierra, should I restart?

What exactly are you seeing? please attach the error message and we'll do our best to get back to you.

If the sudo command isn't finding the file it almost always means that you haven't typed the filepath right. Make sure you're doing all the steps below!

Also please indicate which Wineskin you're using - slc or techno. thanks!

AmAWolf
Yeah so, I downloaded the new osu with Wineskin like 2/3 weeks ago, i changed from the old osu to the new one (the catalina one) because with this i can get to work discord rich presence. The old version is most likely to work but the discord rich presence won't work :/
Did you get your Wineskin.app to work? If I have time I will try and upload my Wineskin.app to Google Drive and see if giving you just that file will work.

PoofSoulslimm

It should work but just make sure you enabled the right Winetricks :) I'm not too sure how the osu!fallback client works but generally speaking it should be fine.
y0lky
The new version of osu is different from the old one as, in the new version when i tap on drive c >> osu it doesnt come up with a skins and beatmaps folder only discord-rpc.dll
osu!.cfg
osu!.exe. Am I doing something wrong cus i have alr done the download once
aidswidjaja
y0lky
The new version of osu is different from the old one as, in the new version when i tap on drive c >> osu it doesnt come up with a skins and beatmaps folder only discord-rpc.dll
osu!.cfg
osu!.exe. Am I doing something wrong cus i have alr done the download once

That doesn't seem right. Have you executed osu! before - fetch the latest executable with osu!macOS Agent (in the Other tab) and then run it to update osu (or in this case, start osu! for the first time)

I've updated to Big Sur. It could just be the post-upgrade jitters but anyone getting frame drops while playing?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Looks like aidswidjaja and Oblivous have answered most of the posts so huge props to them! Apologies if I've missed anyone in this reply (if I have, please make a new reply to this thread).

AmAWolf wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

Could you try making sure that your antivirus isn't blocking anything? PneumaVoid had a similar error message.

See community/forums/posts/7756236
nope, i don't have any antivirus option that removes dangerous files
That error message appears when the Wineskin still has the quarantine attribute attached to it (or if the execute flag is missing). Have you ran the agent on the osu! application? (apologies if I've missed it, I can't seem to find it).

"genki-"

genki- wrote:

Noir Report
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

I recall another report recently where they were trying to run osu! on High Sierra and it wouldn't launch. Can you try the Catalina (latest) Wineskin and see if that works? If it does then this might be a recurring problem :(

aidswidjaja wrote:

That doesn't seem right. Have you executed osu! before - fetch the latest executable with osu!macOS Agent (in the Other tab) and then run it to update osu (or in this case, start osu! for the first time)

I've updated to Big Sur. It could just be the post-upgrade jitters but anyone getting frame drops while playing?
Probably not an issue with the upgrade. The latest Wineskin (reportedly) seems to have a lot more frame drops than the older version (probably something to do with the bit architecture translation shenanigans so I'm waiting on an updated engine).
aidswidjaja
Technocoder
Probably not an issue with the upgrade. The latest Wineskin (reportedly) seems to have a lot more frame drops than the older version (probably something to do with the bit architecture translation shenanigans so I'm waiting on an updated engine).

Frames are a bit better now that I've settled into Big Sur. The last compiled was Jan but there's commits on the Git repo going back to August so if it proves a big issue we could try compiling ourselves, but I think at this stage it isn't too necessary.
RAYMND
when i try to unzip the file, my antivirus stops it, following with warnings saying things like a file has been corrupted with malware or a trojan
Topic Starter
Technocoder

RAYMND wrote:

when i try to unzip the file, my antivirus stops it, following with warnings saying things like a file has been corrupted with malware or a trojan
Disable the antivirus?
aidswidjaja
RAYMND

Please see https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/malware.html

In short, it's a false positive. https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/issues/48

Feel free to let us know if there are any other issues
iiAnts
Not really sure if this has been touched on before but whenever I open osu I can only hear the audio and there is a black screen, I can still click on stuff but I can't see anything. Is there a fix to this?
pinkfujoshi
Hello, osu! doesn't seem to run. It was also lagging and freezing a lot yesterday. I could still open it after quitting the app, though. However, when I tried to open it today, it went back on updating and never opened. My mac is still on Mojave. Troubleshoot report is as follows:

Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G103)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: update.log is absent

And also, I'm planning to update my mac to Big Sur. Can I still play it on that OS? If so, will I have to re-do the installation steps?

Thank you so much!
Topic Starter
Technocoder

iiAnts wrote:

Not really sure if this has been touched on before but whenever I open osu I can only hear the audio and there is a black screen, I can still click on stuff but I can't see anything. Is there a fix to this?
Hard to tell what's going on with just that information. Whether there's a "fix" depends on what Wineskin your using, your macOS version etc :P. Please paste the report from macOS Agent.

"pinkfujoshi"

pinkfujoshi wrote:

Hello, osu! doesn't seem to run. It was also lagging and freezing a lot yesterday. I could still open it after quitting the app, though. However, when I tried to open it today, it went back on updating and never opened. My mac is still on Mojave. Troubleshoot report is as follows:

Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

And also, I'm planning to update my mac to Big Sur. Can I still play it on that OS? If so, will I have to re-do the installation steps?

Thank you so much!

Open macOS Agent and click on Other and then click on Update osu! which should manually update osu! for you.
You can play on Big Sur with your existing (latest) Wineskin but performance is a bit iffy (apparently) at the moment. You shouldn't have to redo any steps (should work just fine as is).
aidswidjaja
"pinkfujoshi"

I'm using Big Sur right now. Performance for me is the same as Mojave (I skipped Catalina) but your mileage may vary.

But osu! is definitely still playable - though you might have to tune your settings
pinkfujoshi
Hello again, I did follow your advice, and it started working. But as of right now, I cannot open it again. T~T Here's the report:

Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
[Warning] Errors in: update.log
2020-11-26T06:41:02: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2020-11-26T11:07:30: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
No errors in: runtime.log

Edit: The app opens sometimes, but oftentimes does not. I continue to press the update button on the Other tab, but no signs of it updating (or maybe I'm just clueless). Either way, it still won't open despite updating it.
lucid126
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

all right, when I opened osu! and tried to download a map, a pop up box said that no windows app could run it, so i followed the steps and checked the automatically move downloaded songs to the songs folder, now there's only 1 song on there and its birdsong. i ran the report and said everything was fine. I'm on mojave. has anyone experienced this? Edit: I got the song to work, but now whenever I try to exit to the main menu it just goes to a black screen. Edit 2: I fixed everyrhing
raiqo
aidswidjaja
With respect to the Wineskin:

Could you please perform the following
  1. Locate your osu!.app Wineskin
  2. Right click, then press Show Package Contents
  3. Click Advanced, then click Test Run
  4. If osu! starts, close it. Otherwise, let the process run and then click Yes on the error message that appears.
  5. Please copy and paste the output of the two logs here or into a pastebin (such as https://paste.ubuntu.com)
With respect to the Agent:

From a quick google search this appears to be the result of overlapping/conflicting libraries/frameworks/dependencies? https://stackoverflow.com/a/30582486/6299634

I had a look on my computer and tried to check whether both referenced directories are also present on my computer, and they are. However, do you happen to do any development work? That could explain the issue.

I might need to leave this one to Technocoder, since he designed the program and generally speaking I'm not that familiar with objc or c#.

While the Agent is a handy tool, it is not needed in order to run the Wineskin. There are terminal commands that can substitute it. Though obviously if we can, it would be nice to troubleshoot this too.
so i launched osu! through the wineskin and it opened, it was working fine and all my maps and skins were there. i then closed it and the thing popped up so i clicked yes and got this: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/K8XxgNzqc4/
i tried launching osu normally but it still tells me that its damaged. do i just use the wineskin to launch from now on or is there someway to fix the problem? i've also considered updating to Big Sur (i'm currently running Mojave 10.14.6) would that help solve the problem?
edit: just tried launching it again from the test run and it lets me log in but i cant use any skins and when i try to play maps the game crashes
Paydru
i havent had any problems with this until now. osu doesnt re-open unless i restart my laptop and whwen i run the troubleshoot, it givess me this

Engine: WS10WineCX64Bit18.5.0
Wineskin 2.9.0.2
Razer Synapse is absent
[Warning] Errors in: update.log
2020-11-26T19:40:57: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2020-11-26T19:40:59: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-11-26T21:54:35: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2020-11-26T21:54:36: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-11-29T23:07:19: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2020-11-29T23:07:20: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
Darknn
Can someone quote this message and tell me what'd I miss? lmao
AmAWolf

aidswidjaja wrote:

Noir_Tsukiyomo32

What exactly are you seeing? please attach the error message and we'll do our best to get back to you.

If the sudo command isn't finding the file it almost always means that you haven't typed the filepath right. Make sure you're doing all the steps below!

Also please indicate which Wineskin you're using - slc or techno. thanks!

AmAWolf
Yeah so, I downloaded the new osu with Wineskin like 2/3 weeks ago, i changed from the old osu to the new one (the catalina one) because with this i can get to work discord rich presence. The old version is most likely to work but the discord rich presence won't work :/
Did you get your Wineskin.app to work? If I have time I will try and upload my Wineskin.app to Google Drive and see if giving you just that file will work.

PoofSoulslimm

It should work but just make sure you enabled the right Winetricks :) I'm not too sure how the osu!fallback client works but generally speaking it should be fine.
Sorry for not replying,
no, I didn't try but could you give me the Wineskin.app so I can try it?
And could you explain me what I have to do? I'm not that techie

Technocoder wrote:

Looks like aidswidjaja and Oblivous have answered most of the posts so huge props to them! Apologies if I've missed anyone in this reply (if I have, please make a new reply to this thread).

AmAWolf wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

Could you try making sure that your antivirus isn't blocking anything? PneumaVoid had a similar error message.

See community/forums/posts/7756236
nope, i don't have any antivirus option that removes dangerous files
That error message appears when the Wineskin still has the quarantine attribute attached to it (or if the execute flag is missing). Have you ran the agent on the osu! application? (apologies if I've missed it, I can't seem to find it).

"genki-"

genki- wrote:

Noir Report
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

I recall another report recently where they were trying to run osu! on High Sierra and it wouldn't launch. Can you try the Catalina (latest) Wineskin and see if that works? If it does then this might be a recurring problem :(

aidswidjaja wrote:

uhm....I tried to scan and repair, I have all the checkboxes checked and osu! is up to date, is this what are you asking?
aidswidjaja
Sorry for disappearing for a while, let's see how many I can get through lol

pinkfujoshi
Hello again, I did follow your advice, and it started working. But as of right now, I cannot open it again. T~T Here's the report:
You could try updating the osu!.exe manually by downloading it from home/download then replacing it in your Wineskin. If that doesn't work let us know and attach the contents of drive_c/osu!/Logs/update.log into a pastebin such as paste.ubuntu.com

lucid126
all right, when I opened osu! and tried to download a map, a pop up box said that no windows app could run it, so i followed the steps and checked the automatically move downloaded songs to the songs folder, now there's only 1 song on there and its birdsong. i ran the report and said everything was fine. I'm on mojave. has anyone experienced this? Edit: I got the song to work, but now whenever I try to exit to the main menu it just goes to a black screen. Edit 2: I fixed everyrhing
Good to hear you fixed everything, let us know if you encounter any more issues. Also feel free to let us know what you did to fix it.

raiqo
so i launched osu! through the wineskin and it opened, it was working fine and all my maps and skins were there. i then closed it and the thing popped up so i clicked yes and got this: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/K8XxgNzqc4/
i tried launching osu normally but it still tells me that its damaged. do i just use the wineskin to launch from now on or is there someway to fix the problem? i've also considered updating to Big Sur (i'm currently running Mojave 10.14.6) would that help solve the problem?
edit: just tried launching it again from the test run and it lets me log in but i cant use any skins and when i try to play maps the game crashes
Updating to Big Sur won't really fix your problem unfortunately. If the test run is giving you different results to the actual executable, try repairing the exe through agent again or alternatively running this command:

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine "~/path/to/my/osu\!.app"

Can you also make sure that your Skins and Songs folders in drive_c/osu! aren't corrupted or anything. It *is* pretty weird how your install is behaving and somewhat corrupted... You're getting a lot of errors, such as these

0098:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"osu!ui"
0098:fixme:path:parse_url failed to parse L"osu!ui.resources"

If you haven't already, I'd try reinstalling just to be sure and to isolate that issue. Also you could try to go to Wineskin.app > Advanced > Tools > and under Wrapper Tools click Refresh Wrapper (do NOT click Rebuild as this will delete everything including your Songs, scores, etc, unless you have them backed up - if they're backed up you could try that as well) - BE CAREFUL ABOUT DOING THIS (I may have done it to myself and now my osu! won't update :/ - maybe make a backup first

Also are the logs the same on your second test run (when the skins don't load, maps crash the game etc) ?

It's some pretty weird stuff, keep us informed and try the stuff above :)

AmAWolf
Sorry for not replying,
no, I didn't try but could you give me the Wineskin.app so I can try it?
And could you explain me what I have to do? I'm not that techie
Will upload to Google Drive now, and I'll provide instructions + download link by editing this post once its done :D See below, let me know if there are any problems

Also yea, if Agent isn't returning anything weird then there won't be any useful debugging info there for us to find.

Paydru
i havent had any problems with this until now. osu doesnt re-open unless i restart my laptop and whwen i run the troubleshoot, it givess me this
The report is showing errors with respect to updating the osu! application. Could you try updating from osu!macOS Agent:

1. Open osu!macOS Agent
  2. Click the Other tab
  3. Click Update osu!
Alternatively download the executable binary directly from home/download and replace it within your application

1. Download osu.exe from osu.ppy.sh/home/download.
  2. Locate where osu!.app (your Wineskin) is installed
  3. Right click on it and select Show Package Contents
  4. You should now see three files/folders: Contents, drive_c and Wineskin. Click drive_c.
  5. From here, click osu!.
  6. From here, locate osu!.exe and replace this file with the updated version that you just downloaded. Make sure you keep the filename the same.

Oblivous wrote:

Can someone quote this message and tell me what'd I miss? lmao
Not much happening, just trying to debug different issues :)

Wineskin.app replacement

If you are experiencing issues with Wineskin.app, you can try downloading it separately.

Instructions: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/wineskin.html#resolution

Download link: https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https://github.com/aidswidjaja/osu-mac/tree/main/src/wineskin or https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gz5Y0M4WoMxTTwb5aHUccebO5AlVm3SN?usp=sharing
  1. Click the Download Link above
  2. If using Google Drive, click DOWNLOAD ALL in the top-right corner of the screen
  3. It will download this as a zip file. Extract the zip file until you just have the Wineskin.app file
  4. Inside osu!.app (Right click > Show Package Contents) locate Wineskin.app - make a backup of it (you can just rename it to say something like Wineskin.app.backup if you want)
  5. Move the new version of Wineskin.app from Google Drive into osu!.app
  6. Try and open it and see if everything works out.
Please be advised if that this hasn't been tested and that distributing the Wineskin.app file on its own is completely experimental so it might not fix your issues. But definitely let me know if there are any problems with it :)
TLXlayer
I know this thread is pretty old but its the most relevant for this. I downladed osu! using these same steps and I was able to play for about 3 days. The today I can't open it anymore I doublick or right click and click open and it don't respondió or open. I've tried and deleting and re-downloading and it still don't work (I also used the client and done the steps for it). please help.
lucid126
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

when I open osu! the terminal pops up but then instant closes right after saying
start C:\osu!\bridge.exe
start C:\osu!\osu!.exe -nosplash
aidswidjaja
TLXlayer
I know this thread is pretty old but its the most relevant for this. I downladed osu! using these same steps and I was able to play for about 3 days. The today I can't open it anymore I doublick or right click and click open and it don't respondió or open. I've tried and deleting and re-downloading and it still don't work (I also used the client and done the steps for it). please help.
Could you please provide us with a report from osu!macOS Agent? :D

Steps: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html#generating-a-report-with-osu-macos-agent

lucid1260
when I open osu! the terminal pops up but then instant closes right after saying
Ok so at least the execute.bat file is running. Could you try doing a Wineskin test run?
  4. If osu! starts, close it. Otherwise, let the process run and then click Yes on the error message that appears.
  5. Please copy and paste the output of the two logs here or into a pastebin (such as https://paste.ubuntu.com)
oblicue
got this working on big sur
TLXlayer

aidswidjaja wrote:

TLXlayer

Steps: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html#generating-a-report-with-osu-macos-agent

lucid1260
Ok so at least the execute.bat file is running. Could you try doing a Wineskin test run?
Here is the report
Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H15)
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is enabled
Game user configuration is absent
Razer Synapse is absent
aidswidjaja
TLXlayer

TLXlayer wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

TLXlayer

lucid1260
Here is the report
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Thanks, nothing weird there. Could you please perform the following steps then.

Also ensure antivirus/other apps aren't interfering with osu. It might be helpful to check Activity Monitor to see if the osu! process is running, manages to starts (but then dies) or doesn't start at all.
TLXlayer

aidswidjaja wrote:

TLXlayer

TLXlayer wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

TLXlayer

lucid1260
Here is the report
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Thanks, nothing weird there. Could you please perform the following steps then.

Also ensure antivirus/other apps aren't interfering with osu. It might be helpful to check Activity Monitor to see if the osu! process is running, manages to starts (but then dies) or doesn't start at all.
Here are the logs

Last login: Wed Dec 2 14:43:57 on console

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
/Users/adolfoayala/Desktop/osu\!.app/Wineskin.app/Contents/MacOS/Wineskin ; exit;
AdolfoEMarianna:~ adolfoayala$ /Users/adolfoayala/Desktop/osu\!.app/Wineskin.app/Contents/MacOS/Wineskin ; exit;
2020-12-04 11:35:42.201 WineskinLauncher[28474:490676] Debug Mode enabled
Running /usr/sbin/system_profiler at path / with flags -xml -detailLevel full SPDisplaysDataType
Instruction finished

000b:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
000d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0010:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0018:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
001d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0023:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x4303
0023:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x3c07
0023:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x3c0b
0023:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x410b
0023:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x5507
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\start.exe"
oblicue
Even if i keep on running the osu! macos agent, skins nor beatmaps automatically import from Downloads. I have made sure they are checked in the settings in the app.

It works to manually add skins and beatmaps, but it takes ages.
Could someone please help?
aidswidjaja
TLXlayer
Here are the logs

/Users/adolfoayala/Desktop/osu\!.app/Wineskin.app/Contents/MacOS/Wineskin ; exit;
AdolfoEMarianna:~ adolfoayala$ /Users/adolfoayala/Desktop/osu\!.app/Wineskin.app/Contents/MacOS/Wineskin ; exit;
Running /usr/sbin/system_profiler at path / with flags -xml -detailLevel full SPDisplaysDataType
Instruction finished

000b:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
000d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0010:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0018:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
001d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0023:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x3c0b

For some reason Wine is looking for a start.exe file.

Please make sure two things are correct:

1. That your Wineskin Advanced menu looks like this. It's on the Configuration tab of the Wineskin app that we used earlier to perform the test run.

Make sure that Windows EXE field says:

"C:\osu!\execute.bat" 

2. Ensure that you have a file named execute.bat in drive_c/osu!/execute.bat

Make sure it contains the following

start C:\osu!\osu!.exe

Once you have done that, try doing the Test Run again. If all works good, then good to go, otherwise copy and paste the contents of the new log file.

oblicue
Even if i keep on running the osu! macos agent, skins nor beatmaps automatically import from Downloads. I have made sure they are checked in the settings in the app.

Technocoder might want to take a look at this since he was the one who wrote the program - however in my experience with the new Wineskin you can drag and drop files into osu! (at least from Firefox) as long as you have that configured correctly. You might also be able to double click on the osz file to open it with osu.

But the auto-move to Downloads works for me with osu!macOS Agent running in the background. Make sure that you have selected the right osu!.app filepath in Agent. If any issues feel free to point them out here but Techno's been busy recently and he's in the best position to help you unfortunately
oblicue

aidswidjaja wrote:

TLXlayer
Here are the logs

Instruction finished

For some reason Wine is looking for a start.exe file.

Please make sure two things are correct:

1. That your Wineskin Advanced menu looks like this. It's on the Configuration tab of the Wineskin app that we used earlier to perform the test run.

Make sure that Windows EXE field says:

"C:\osu!\execute.bat" 

2. Ensure that you have a file named execute.bat in drive_c/osu!/execute.bat

Make sure it contains the following

start C:\osu!\osu!.exe

Once you have done that, try doing the Test Run again. If all works good, then good to go, otherwise copy and paste the contents of the new log file.

oblicue

Technocoder might want to take a look at this since he was the one who wrote the program - however in my experience with the new Wineskin you can drag and drop files into osu! (at least from Firefox) as long as you have that configured correctly. You might also be able to double click on the osz file to open it with osu.

But the auto-move to Downloads works for me with osu!macOS Agent running in the background. Make sure that you have selected the right osu!.app filepath in Agent. If any issues feel free to point them out here but Techno's been busy recently and he's in the best position to help you unfortunately
The right osu!.app is definitely selected. I dont know how to drag and drop into osu, as it's fullscreen for me.
Would there be a way to configure a windows program to open a .osz or .osk file?
(that's the error I get when I try to open a file in osu!)
aidswidjaja
oblicue
The right osu!.app is definitely selected. I dont know how to drag and drop into osu, as it's fullscreen for me.
Would there be a way to configure a windows program to open a .osz or .osk file?
(that's the error I get when I try to open a file in osu!)

I provided instructions on how to do this to AmAWolf here: community/forums/posts/7756512
oblicue
When i try the osu! wineskin.app, i get the error
"Error while writting file: The folder “exec814803833.bat” doesn’t exist."
TLXlayer
I don't know much about this but I don't know what you mean about start C:\osu!\bridge.exe and start C:\osu!\osu!.exe being in execute.bat. I can see three papers named execute.bat, bridge.exe, and osu!.exe
aidswidjaja

oblicue wrote:

Could you make sure that

1. You unzip the file using The Unarchiver instead of the default Archive Utility on macOS. I think someone else said that it caused problems.

2. Make sure there are no antivirus software interfering with your installation

(community/forums/posts/7756236)

You might need to reinstall it afterwards. You can also try installing Wineskin.app manually (community/forums/posts/7793479) but I doubt that would work if your install is corrupted.

TLXlayer wrote:

I don't know much about this but I don't know what you mean about start C:\osu!\bridge.exe and start C:\osu!\osu!.exe being in execute.bat. I can see three papers named execute.bat, bridge.exe, and osu!.exe
So basically, execute.bat is a text file which should contain two lines.
You also want to make sure that Wineskin.app points to this file in the Windows EXE field.
And you mentioned that you could only see execute.bat, bridge.exe, and osu!.exe in your osu! folder? For reference this is what my folder setup looks like.
If there are only three files there, it could be possible that an antivirus is removing your dll files or something. So just make sure that you've also followed the guidelines I sent to oblicue above which you can follow if the first guidelines I gave you don't work.

Hope this helps everyone :)
oblicue

aidswidjaja wrote:

oblicue wrote:

Could you make sure that

1. You unzip the file using The Unarchiver instead of the default Archive Utility on macOS. I think someone else said that it caused problems.

You might need to reinstall it afterwards. You can also try installing Wineskin.app manually (community/forums/posts/7793479) but I doubt that would work if your install is corrupted.

TLXlayer wrote:

You also want to make sure that Wineskin.app points to this file in the Windows EXE field.
And you mentioned that you could only see execute.bat, bridge.exe, and osu!.exe in your osu! folder? For reference this is what my folder setup looks like.
If there are only three files there, it could be possible that an antivirus is removing your dll files or something. So just make sure that you've also followed the guidelines I sent to oblicue above which you can follow if the first guidelines I gave you don't work.

I reinstalled, but the wineskin still didn't work, then I installed Wineskin.app manually. That seems to have worked, and I have opened it. I don't have an antivirus and definitely used The Unarchiver. I followed the steps to configure a windows program to open a file (which the properties look like they've worked) , but when I open a .osz or .osk file, I get the same error.
https://gyazo.com/6a0a45296a8dc07deca0e9c66983a3f6 Here is a screenshot of my "Advanced" settings in the osu wineskin. I have all the file types in the dropdown menu.
Darknn
I come back.
AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT IS GOING ON ANYMORE.
oblicue

oblicue wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

oblicue wrote:

Could you make sure that

TLXlayer wrote:

I reinstalled, but the wineskin still didn't work, then I installed Wineskin.app manually. That seems to have worked, and I have opened it. I don't have an antivirus and definitely used The Unarchiver. I followed the steps to configure a windows program to open a file (which the properties look like they've worked) , but when I open a .osz or .osk file, I get the same error.
https://gyazo.com/6a0a45296a8dc07deca0e9c66983a3f6 Here is a screenshot of my "Advanced" settings in the osu wineskin. I have all the file types in the dropdown menu.
I did another fresh reinstall, downloaded your wineskin from google drive, and made sure in the Windows EXE section it had execute.bat, yet it still has the same error. I have SIP disabled, so unless having it off is interfering with it, there is nothing I can see wrong.
Log from Agent
Version 10.16 (Build 20B29)
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
Tuxedo23

oblicue wrote:

I came to this thread to find out myself if it works on Big Sur, haha

Either way, how does the app run on Big Sur? Does it run better than Intel-based macs? Which runs better; crossover through Rosetta or MacOS osu! Agent?
aidswidjaja
oblicue

oblicue wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

oblicue wrote:

Could you make sure that

TLXlayer wrote:

Can you take a screenshot of the error message you receive as well as the Properties pane

To verify your changes:

6. Click Tools, then click Command Line (cmd). A console-like should open (it takes a while tho)
7. Type explorer.exe
8. Navigate to My Computer\osu!\Songs and locate the osz beatmap you just dropped
9. Right click on the file, click Properties and verify it worked. It should look like the image below.
https://gyazo.com/b6282b14ef06ea96d760d2c6cfc4d2ed
Tuxedo23

Tuxedo23 wrote:

oblicue wrote:

I came to this thread to find out myself if it works on Big Sur, haha

Either way, how does the app run on Big Sur? Does it run better than Intel-based macs? Which runs better; crossover through Rosetta or MacOS osu! Agent?

I found slc's Wineskin was more stable but obviously that is pre-Catalina only and Techno's Catalina< Wineskin uses the WS11 engines that have wine32on64 (basically in a nutshell: adds more dependencies and complexities since we're trying to run 32bit code on 64bit only hardware)

In general, I found that Techno's Wineskin has a few performance issues on Big Sur compared to Mojave on a 2016 MBP Intel i5. I think others reported a few issues too? But generally speaking it's tolerable and I still play on Wineskin.

I don't know if the M1 Macs have been tested yet (or if they even work at all). I don't really know what you mean by running through Rosetta/Crossover/Agent however I don't know whether Rosetta 2 will support Wineskin/Wine. However the folks at Crossover might have found a solution already.

Oblivious

Oblivous wrote:

I come back.
AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT IS GOING ON ANYMORE.

Haha lol I'm trying to keep track of all the questions as well... but please feel free to help out as well since I think Techno's on hiatus

I'll try updating the FAQ on https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/index.html, maybe provide some bbcode templates and work through formatting issues on the site today so that I can address these issues faster without jumping through forum threads as well.

And that reminds me, if you did mention an issue please please please follow up on it and someone here should be able to help you - otherwise we'll forget about it :(

Note to future people about Wineskin.app I've just realised that if you haven't ran the Repair tool on osu!macOS Agent that your Wineskin.app might not be able to run (even if osu! does) - so do that first before any other troubleshooting methods I might have mentioned above
show more