forum

Underrated anime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight
What anime do you think the attention they get don't simply do justice? I often see that popular anime like Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku no Hero Academia and Naruto get more and more popular among the otaku while the underrated anime keep being drowned in sea of anime. For me, what I think are underrated:

Grand Blue/Baka to Test, in term of comedy
Shinryaku! Ika Musume, in term of slice of life
Gakkou Gurashi, in term of foreshadowing, plot-wise, horrow-wise and in zombie-category
• Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san, in term of kawaii
Beelzebub, in term of shounen
Kuma Bear/Shinchou Yuusha, in term of isekai
Adinda
There are so many ngl ,like "another"
shirosaki
roastinKenkeres
Grisaia no kajitsu
MegaCoolNameXD
Nichijou
Green Ghost
Children of the Whales
Sunday Without God
Classroom Crisis
Humanity Has Declined
Princess Principal
ShiNoShiNo4
GTO
Akumace1

MegaCoolNameXD wrote:

Nichijou
I don’t think this guy knows what underrated means.
Foxi
No particular order:

1. Dororo - Look, I get it. A lot of people were a little letdown by the final stretch of the second part, but as someone who's familiar with the source material, this new anime adaptation of a classic Osamu Tezuka manga really did a great job modernizing this story. The ending is actually somewhat changed from the original, and I personally find it way more satisfying this way.
  2. Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan - "Really? Really? You're gonna pick the Liru anime?" Well, yeah. I am. Almost every anime website with a ranking system lists it as a 7/10, but I'd argue it's a strong 8. It's a pretty good comedy about a group of misfit girls from the underworld trying to fit into the surface. Slapstick and comedy ensues. Maybe I'm just a Liru stan, but I'd say it's definitely an 8. You appreciate it more when you've seen a lot of anime attempt what this one did, but not execute it nearly as well.
  3. BNA (Brand New Animal) - "OK, furry." Hear me out, though. A lot of people are harder on this one than they should've been. Sure, the story isn't groundbreaking, and it's very Studio Trigger in execution, but don't let that distract you from how genuinely aesthetically pleasing this show is. With a story revolving around concepts from Osamu Tezuka's 'Vampire', and a very cozy, detailed atmosphere, it's a really good show to draw artistic inspiration from. It would have only benefitted if Trigger gave the show a 24-episode runtime instead of a 12-episode one. To show you just how deeply satisfying the art is, I'm gonna post some official concept art below.
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight

Foxi wrote:

No particular order:

1. Dororo - Look, I get it. A lot of people were a little letdown by the final stretch of the second part, but as someone who's familiar with the source material, this new anime adaptation of a classic Osamu Tezuka manga really did a great job modernizing this story. The ending is actually somewhat changed from the original, and I personally find it way more satisfying this way.
  2. Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan - "Really? Really? You're gonna pick the Liru anime?" Well, yeah. I am. Almost every anime website with a ranking system lists it as a 7/10, but I'd argue it's a strong 8. It's a pretty good comedy about a group of misfit girls from the underworld trying to fit into the surface. Slapstick and comedy ensues. Maybe I'm just a Liru stan, but I'd say it's definitely an 8. You appreciate it more when you've seen a lot of anime attempt what this one did, but not execute it nearly as well.
  3. BNA (Brand New Animal) - "OK, furry." Hear me out, though. A lot of people are harder on this one than they should've been. Sure, the story isn't groundbreaking, and it's very Studio Trigger in execution, but don't let that distract you from how genuinely aesthetically pleasing this show is. With a story revolving around concepts from Osamu Tezuka's 'Vampire', and a very cozy, detailed atmosphere, it's a really good show to draw artistic inspiration from. It would have only benefitted if Trigger gave the show a 24-episode runtime instead of a 12-episode one. To show you just how deeply satisfying the art is, I'm gonna post some official concept art below.
I have heard of Dororo, the way

Foxi wrote:

No particular order:

Never heard of the second one, but you made me wanting to watch Dororo and

Foxi wrote:

No particular order:

That's some nice suggestions. I've never heard of second one but you made me at least wanting to watch Dororo and BNA (worried of being called a furry at first)
ClevelandsMyBro

ShiNoShiNo4 wrote:

GTO
YES

AGREED BOI
midori-kaeru
definitely nagi no asukara
dehmitros

roastinKenkeres wrote:

Grisaia no kajitsu
BASED
animeslayergp
reincarnated as a slime
Akumace1
deleted
roastinKenkeres
I just finished watching Shinsekai Yori and came back to this thread. Highly recommended. 9/10.
animeslayergp

Akumace1 wrote:

animesquadgp wrote:

reincarnated as a slime
underrated
/ˌəndəˈrādəd/

Grammar type: adjective

Definition: not rated or valued highly enough.

Example: “reincarnated as a slime is not an underrated anime”
lmao
Hika
i think Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners) is underrated as fuck
ufotable has got to be the best studio in the entire anime world
outneumbrd
Classroom of the elite
Phantonym
Houseki no Kuni
Noob
Sakura Trick lulw
Sies
Re:Life as i know. Maybe many people know but are not interested. I learned a lot of lessons from the anime.
Quaze

NoobDev wrote:

Sakura Trick lulw
I also wanted to write this
show more