forum

osu! Guide to Making Friends

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akumace1

Akumace1’s Guide to Making Friends

I see a lot of people coming here asking for friends. So I thought I’d make a quick guide for new people. This will probably get buried but as long as a few people see it, I’m satisfied. So anyways I’ll keep this brief. Here’s how to make friends on osu!

Multiplayer Lobbies

Joining multiplayer lobbies is a good way to make friends. You get to meet players that are around your skill level which is nice. I’ve met some amazing people there. Some benefits are you can meet people around your skill level, find new maps to play, and just have some fun.

Asking for friends here

Tbh I find this pointless. When I first came here asking for friends people will just add you and never talk to you again. But sometimes people won’t mindlessly add you and forget about you forever. I met one person before I got banned who I talked to for months. A very nice guy.

Discord Servers and Participating in Forums

Joining large groups can be intimidating. There are people who don’t really care about who you are at first. And will just ignore you. The more you participate though the more you get to know people. This is good for finding online friends in general. Not people for just osu!

Anyways I might add more but I’m busy today because thanksgiving. I put this together in a second. If you guys want to add anything to this list message me or leave it in the comments.
ninore
brug

just add them and dm for mutual
ClevelandsMyBro

nedd83 wrote:

brug

i'm to shy to dm anyone >~<
Noob

Akumace1 wrote:

Multiplayer Lobbies

Joining multiplayer lobbies is a good way to make friends. You get to meet players that are around your skill level which is nice. I’ve met some amazing people there. Some benefits are you can meet people around your skill level, find new maps to play, and just have some fun.
tfw downloading a new map takes so long that the host kicked you.

Can't find any friendos in multi these days because indiHome wifi sucks.
Foxi

NoobDev wrote:

Reminds me of when Verizon was really good and refused to replace the cheap modem they gave us in the early 2000's all the way in 2018.

Needless to say, we're now Xfinity customers.
Simon12

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

nedd83 wrote:

brug

i'm to shy to dm anyone >~<
>there are no consequences
>they can only see you in the form of your online-persona

why are you shy comrade?
Adinda

NoobDev wrote:

Akumace1 wrote:

Multiplayer Lobbies

Lol true
Everett
The best way I found of making friends is making an osu twitter account and talking to osu players there.
Penguin
Just spectate random people and see if they're friendly enough to chat to while you watch them.
sadave
how do you ad d friends in real life
Topic Starter
Akumace1

sadave wrote:

I want to know this too
[ KrulYuno ]
And I'm here confused who are the 50 or so people who have added me as friend but have not mutual(ed) them. I feel bad for not befriending them back ;-;
Zelzatter Zero

[ KrulYuno ] wrote:

And I'm here confused who are the 50 or so people who have added me as friend but have not mutual(ed) them. I feel bad for not befriending them back ;-;
and I'm here not even knowing who followed me in more than half of 112 ppl...?
animeslayergp
freinds will eventually stab you in the back or leave so its best to not have any,just focus on what you like doing
TheKingHenry

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

[ KrulYuno ] wrote:

and I'm here not even knowing who followed me in more than half of 112 ppl...?
at least I know that much

Feels BN Man

nedd83 wrote:

brug

not necessarily this simple tho, plenty of ppl won't just add you because you asked them to, at least if they don't know you from beforehand. On the other hand, if they are having chats with you frequently or such, it's pretty natural to either have added you already or to do it if you ask them to at that point

Just be natural in your connection initializations of course

I'd like to say "just use same kind of approach you'd use in real life" but then again...

sadave wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nvm then
Topic Starter
Akumace1

animesquadgp wrote:

freinds will eventually stab you in the back or leave so its best to not have any,just focus on what you like doing
Not all but most, it’s the sad reality
mchaxer
Add me please I want friends :(