forum

macOS Updated Wineskin Installation Guide (Rosetta support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
aidswidjaja
Discord rich presence only works on the newer wineskins, because of compatibility issues and the like

So if you need discord rpc, downloading the Catalina wineskins is the way to go.

Leaving this here for other people's future reference
Mhisty
Yoooooo it works my guy thanks!
Darknn
aidswidjaja

aidswidjaja wrote:

raiqo

raiqo wrote:

update: I downloaded the newest wineskin and still cant get osu to launch
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G6032)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Release: Stable40
Quarantine attribute is absent
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Game user configuration is absent
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Engine version is supported
Razer Synapse is absent
No errors in: update.log
Log file: runtime.log is absent

Oblivious and raiqo, idk if this has already been mentioned or if you're working through it over Discord (and sorry I'm a bit late response since I've got exams :/) but maybe it could be a good idea to do a Wineskin test run.

This would give you logs that could help you further diagnose the issue (those should be separate from update.log and runtime.log tho that macOS Agent is picking up)

Also would double check screen options and trying playing around with those since the Wineserver might be running fine, but the graphics aren't lining up

Hope this helps and let us know if you've figured it out/still need some help

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say- Wait nevermind.

Okay to answer your first question: No we haven't been talking through Discord. Actually, Technocoder has been offline for the past weeks if you look at his profile.

And to answer your second question. You sadly can't use the Wineskin.app on osu!catalina. Because if you are running Catalina, it won't work. Like it literally just doesn't open. So doing test runs are NOT POSSIBLE on Catalina.

Mhisty wrote:

Yoooooo it works my guy thanks!

No problem! If you need anything to help, just make a post here on the forum.
aidswidjaja
Oblivious
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say- Wait nevermind.

Okay to answer your first question: No we haven't been talking through Discord. Actually, Technocoder has been offline for the past weeks if you look at his profile.

And to answer your second question. You sadly can't use the Wineskin.app on osu!catalina. Because if you are running Catalina, it won't work. Like it literally just doesn't open. So doing test runs are NOT POSSIBLE on Catalina.

Maybe we need to make a Wineskin for Wineskin :D

In all seriousness though, if Wineskin.app is not possible on catalina, that's going to be hella annoying moving into the future. So maybe someone should compile a Catalina binary and push it upstream: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer or even just keep it here for us to use

I'll look into it, but I have exams on now, and considering Techno's in NZ he might have that too, but idk.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Sorry guys, as aidswidjaja has suggested, I currently have my final year of school exams at the moment so I don't have time to answer everyone's questions in depth.

> You sadly can't use the Wineskin.app on osu!catalina.
Wineskin.app opens for me. It only opens after the troubleshooter has been ran on it though.

> update: I downloaded the newest wineskin and still cant get osu to launch
What model of Mac do you have? I wouldn't count on it but if it's incredibly old it *might* be 32-bit. Otherwise, there might be something wrong with the quarantine attribute again (please try typing `xattr` in Terminal and see what you get).

> Quick Question #3
Automatic movement of maps and skins is functionality provided by osu!macOS Agent. If you don't use it then you need to manually drag it into the osu! game window. Sorry, I don't have the answer to your other questions.
Ruru Tanazaki
Guys Ive done everything and still cant get osu to run. It keeps saying its damaged and cant run because host is no longer supported or something along those lines. As stupid as this sounds, im about to give up. Agent tool, everytime I scanned it literally closed itself. Ive tried making folders with the bridge stuff and update wineskin and still no results. Its pretty much a dead icon for me at this point
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Please paste the full, exact, error message (or preferably a screenshot). Please describe your macOS version and Mac model (preferably year of manufacture).

If you can't get the agent to run directly please try the following steps:
  1. Move the agent to the Desktop
  2. Open Terminal
  3. Type in (including quotes):
    './Desktop/osu!macOS Agent.app/Contents/MacOS/osu!macOS Agent'
  4. Paste the output from that command here. You should get an error message.
Darknn

Ruru Tanazaki wrote:

Guys Ive done everything and still cant get osu to run. It keeps saying its damaged and cant run because host is no longer supported or something along those lines. As stupid as this sounds, im about to give up. Agent tool, everytime I scanned it literally closed itself. Ive tried making folders with the bridge stuff and update wineskin and still no results. Its pretty much a dead icon for me at this point
What macOS version are you currently using? I'm not sure if this works on any older version of macOS High Sierra.

Also you can also try downloading the alternative wineskin if you are on macOS Mojave or older, because that works aswell.

And if the agent tool has been closing as well, then this must has to do something with how old your computer is, what operating system it is, or what computer is it overall.

Please also try Technocoders response to see if that helps.
raiqo
hi, im running on a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), and the operating system is MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, I've tried downloading the new and old wineskins but still cant get osu to launch.
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G6032)
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
PneumaVoid
Nothing happens when I double click on the osu application.
Here's what I get from the agent:

Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2)
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is enabled
Razer Synapse is absent
aidswidjaja
Ruru Tanazki, raiqo and PneumaVoid:

From what I can see there are no errors displaying within your osu!macOS Agent. Am I correct in saying that no error message is displayed when attempting to launch osu! (and if there is please add a screenshot of this below)

Since in this case no obvious error messages are being displayed, and we need to do more investigation as to why your osu! isn't starting, please follow Technocoder's instructions as listed here:

If you can't get the agent to run directly please try the following steps:

1. Move the agent to the Desktop
2. Open Terminal
3. Type in (including quotes):

'./Desktop/osu!macOS Agent.app/Contents/MacOS/osu!macOS Agent'

Paste the output from that command here. You should get an error message.
Once you have retrieved the error message, please copy and paste it here. If it's particularly long, you can use something like Pastebin.

This will help people on the forums diagnose the issue. Let us know if you need help with anything else, and best of luck!

Oblivious
And if the agent tool has been closing as well, then this must has to do something with how old your computer is, what operating system it is, or what computer is it overall.

It certainly is weird that the Agent is crashing too, but I'm not too familiar with the processes it runs, so it could just be crashing because of the Wineskin and not necessarily the computer's OS/hardware/etc. That's the hope at least, since if it *is* to do with the computer itself, then that's going to be more annoying to troubleshoot :/
PneumaVoid
After moving the agent to desktop, opening terminal and typing in the command; the agent is opened. No error messages are displayed in the terminal nor in the agent.
aidswidjaja
Oh my bad, I thought those instructions were for the Wineskin.

To those who are experiencing issues with the actual Wineskin (but can't repair it through Agent), please run a **Test Run** of the Wineskin so we can help identify the issues.

Please open Wineskin.app inside your osu!.app wrapper, click on Advanced, then click on Test Run.

If everything crashes, when the "Success" dialog box appears please click **Yes**

Then two files will appear. Please copy and paste both of them to something like pastebin or paste.ubuntu.com so that we can see the logs.

https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html?highlight=test%20run#generating-logs-for-wineskin
PneumaVoid
I tried to open the Wineskin in the Osu! app, however I got the following message:

Error while writting file: The folder “exec2088858072.bat” doesn’t exist.
aidswidjaja
PneumaVoid
I tried to open the Wineskin in the Osu! app, however I got the following message:

Error while writting file: The folder “exec2088858072.bat” doesn’t exist.

To clarify, this refers to Wineskin.app?

I suspect you have a corrupted installation. Have you tried redownloading the wrapper/trying the alternative wrapper from slc (this only works on Mojave and below though) and seeing if that works?

If that doesn't work, could you please try running the following Terminal command, quitting osu! (if it does actually open) and then copying and pasting the Terminal output into a pastebin for us to analyse?

'/Users/Adrian/Desktop/osu\!.app/Contents/MacOS/WineskinLauncher'
where /Users/Adrian/Desktop is obviously the path to your osu!.app executable.

*Note that things might run a bit weirdly (it did for me) since you're directly bypassing Wineskin.app - we're just trying to nail down and see if there's anything that's useful for us to fix the issues you're encountering

Some of the others might have some other ideas too. Let us know how it turns out.
PneumaVoid
I reinstalled the wrapper when I first ran into the problem and that didn't seem to fix it. And I'm referring to the Wineskin application when viewing the package contents of the osu! app.

Well, after running the WineskinLauncher I got the following:

Running /usr/sbin/system_profiler at path / with flags -xml -detailLevel full SPDisplaysDataType
Instruction finished
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

This seems more like a saving system than an error, however you would know better than me.
aidswidjaja
oh I should have asked this beforehand, did you run the troubleshooter on the Wineskin.app beforehand?

Technocoder stated above that the Wineskin app won't open under Catalina until a repair is performed. See community/forums/posts/7749200

With respect to
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
this is just part of the bash session on macOS.

Anyway regardless, technically no errors are showing up in your terminal. I was hoping it would have given us an idea to what was going on. I would also check the osu logs in drive_c/osu!/Logs and the Wineskin logs in Contents/Resources/Logs just to be sure, but I don't think that would show anything of interest

I might actually point this to Oblivious or Technocoder about this - it's quite strange that your Wineskin isn't loading and giving that one weird error message. (Btw, that batch file doesn't exist in the source code for the open-source Wineskin server, so could it be some dependency?)

If I have more ideas later I will come back and edit this post
raiqo
i moved the agent to my desktop then put the command into terminal and got this
objc[16802]: Class ISPurchaseReceipt is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3da38) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d580f48). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class asn1Token is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3d628) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d581038). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class asn1SetToken is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3d650) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d581010). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class asn1SequenceToken is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3d678) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d580fe8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class asn1IntegerToken is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3d6a0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d580f70). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class asn1OSToken is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3d6c8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d580f98). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class asn1ReceiptToken is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3fce8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommerceCore.framework/Versions/A/CommerceCore (0x11d580fc0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class AAFollowUpController is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AOSAccounts.framework/Versions/A/AOSAccounts (0x7fffaf89cef0) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAccount.framework/Versions/A/AppleAccount (0x118da7da0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/EmbeddedOSInstall.framework/Versions/A/EmbeddedOSInstall (0x122b11c58) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSPersonalization.framework/Versions/A/OSPersonalization (0x122974358). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSRequest is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3a1a8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c509d90). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSOperationProgress is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f39f78) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c50a150). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSDownloadMetadata is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f39c58) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c50a5b0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSDownloadAsset is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f39f28) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c50a650). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSDownloadPhase is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f39e88) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c50a6a0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSDownloadStatus is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f39e38) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c50a718). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSDownloadManifestResponse is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3a158) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c50a740). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSPurchase is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3a518) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c509890). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSPurchaseResponse is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3e398) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c5098b8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSDownload is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f39bb8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/StoreFoundation (0x11c509840). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSRestoreContentItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3ca48) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/CommerceKit (0x11c29a060). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSURLRequestProperties is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3b918) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/CommerceKit (0x11c29a510). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSMutableURLRequestProperties is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3b940) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/CommerceKit (0x11c29a538). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16802]: Class SSRemoteNotification is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreServices.framework/Versions/A/StoreServices (0x7fffb3f3bf58) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/CommerceKit (0x11c29a790). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
PneumaVoid
Alright, I solved the problem. What was happening was that my antivirus was removing files that it thought was dangerous without telling me. Also, it seems that the default unzipping software on mac (forgot it's name) was not unzipping some files properly - so I used The Unarchiver instead.

Thanks for your help, and I hope this helps someone else.
AmAWolf
Hi,
I had an older version of osu on my mac and it worked fine but discord rich presence didn't work. So I downloaded and installed osu!macOS Agent and osu and it works. On the precedent version i could double click the file of the beatmap to open osu and import the beatmap, now if i try to do that with the other version an error message appears. It's a wine error message, it says "Error There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file". Is there a way to make it work or it's just a problem of the new version?
aidswidjaja
PneumaVoid
Alright, I solved the problem. What was happening was that my antivirus was removing files that it thought was dangerous without telling me. Also, it seems that the default unzipping software on mac (forgot it's name) was not unzipping some files properly - so I used The Unarchiver instead.

Nice to hear, and the Unarchiver is usually better than Archive Utility. Have fun playing osu!

raiqo

(terminal output: community/forums/posts/7756162)

With respect to the Wineskin:

Could you please perform the following
  1. Locate your osu!.app Wineskin
  2. Right click, then press Show Package Contents
  3. Click Advanced, then click Test Run
  4. If osu! starts, close it. Otherwise, let the process run and then click Yes on the error message that appears.
  5. Please copy and paste the output of the two logs here or into a pastebin (such as https://paste.ubuntu.com)
With respect to the Agent:

From a quick google search this appears to be the result of overlapping/conflicting libraries/frameworks/dependencies? https://stackoverflow.com/a/30582486/6299634

I had a look on my computer and tried to check whether both referenced directories are also present on my computer, and they are. However, do you happen to do any development work? That could explain the issue.

I might need to leave this one to Technocoder, since he designed the program and generally speaking I'm not that familiar with objc or c#.

While the Agent is a handy tool, it is not needed in order to run the Wineskin. There are terminal commands that can substitute it. Though obviously if we can, it would be nice to troubleshoot this too.

AmAWolf
I had an older version of osu on my mac and it worked fine but discord rich presence didn't work. So I downloaded and installed osu!macOS Agent and osu and it works. On the precedent version i could double click the file of the beatmap to open osu and import the beatmap, now if i try to do that with the other version an error message appears. It's a wine error message, it says "Error There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file". Is there a way to make it work or it's just a problem of the new version?

Please try the following

1. Download a random osu beatmap (and get the osz file)
2. Right click on osu!.app
3. Click Show Package Contents
4. Navigate to drive_c/osu!/Songs and drag & drop your osz beatmap into there
4. Go back a few folders until you reach Wineskin.app, open it!
5. Click [Advanced]. You should see a screen like the one below

https://gyazo.com/8aabae940fcb0ce8e6c5c59a7aa8597c

Note the Associated Extensions section. If the osz2, osr, osz and osu extensions aren't there, add them using the + button.

To verify your changes:

6. Click Tools, then click Command Line (cmd). A console-like should open (it takes a while tho)
7. Type explorer.exe
8. Navigate to My Computer\osu!\Songs and locate the osz beatmap you just dropped
9. Right click on the file, click Properties and verify it worked. It should look like the image below.

https://gyazo.com/b6282b14ef06ea96d760d2c6cfc4d2ed

Hope this helps :)
AmAWolf

aidswidjaja wrote:

PneumaVoid

Nice to hear, and the Unarchiver is usually better than Archive Utility. Have fun playing osu!

raiqo

(terminal output: community/forums/posts/7756162)

With respect to the Wineskin:

Could you please perform the following
  1. Locate your osu!.app Wineskin
  2. Right click, then press Show Package Contents
  3. Click Advanced, then click Test Run
  4. If osu! starts, close it. Otherwise, let the process run and then click Yes on the error message that appears.
  5. Please copy and paste the output of the two logs here or into a pastebin (such as https://paste.ubuntu.com)
With respect to the Agent:

From a quick google search this appears to be the result of overlapping/conflicting libraries/frameworks/dependencies? https://stackoverflow.com/a/30582486/6299634

I had a look on my computer and tried to check whether both referenced directories are also present on my computer, and they are. However, do you happen to do any development work? That could explain the issue.

I might need to leave this one to Technocoder, since he designed the program and generally speaking I'm not that familiar with objc or c#.

While the Agent is a handy tool, it is not needed in order to run the Wineskin. There are terminal commands that can substitute it. Though obviously if we can, it would be nice to troubleshoot this too.

AmAWolf

Please try the following

1. Download a random osu beatmap (and get the osz file)
2. Right click on osu!.app
3. Click Show Package Contents
4. Navigate to drive_c/osu!/Songs and drag & drop your osz beatmap into there
4. Go back a few folders until you reach Wineskin.app, open it!
5. Click [Advanced]. You should see a screen like the one below

https://gyazo.com/8aabae940fcb0ce8e6c5c59a7aa8597c

Note the Associated Extensions section. If the osz2, osr, osz and osu extensions aren't there, add them using the + button.

To verify your changes:

6. Click Tools, then click Command Line (cmd). A console-like should open (it takes a while tho)
7. Type explorer.exe
8. Navigate to My Computer\osu!\Songs and locate the osz beatmap you just dropped
9. Right click on the file, click Properties and verify it worked. It should look like the image below.

https://gyazo.com/b6282b14ef06ea96d760d2c6cfc4d2ed

Hope this helps :)
Hi, so I tried your method but when i open Wineskin.app it says "Error while writting file: The folder "exec540528783.bat" doesn't exist."
aidswidjaja
Could you try making sure that your antivirus isn't blocking anything? PneumaVoid had a similar error message.

See community/forums/posts/7756236
AmAWolf

aidswidjaja wrote:

Could you try making sure that your antivirus isn't blocking anything? PneumaVoid had a similar error message.

nope, i don't have any antivirus option that removes dangerous files
aidswidjaja
AmAWolf

Instead of using Archive Utility, could you also try using The Unarchiver (https://theunarchiver.com/) since PnemaVoid reported this helped find some of the files. If this doesn't work, please generate a log with osu!macOS agent and copy and paste it here. Thanks!
AmAWolf

aidswidjaja wrote:

AmAWolf

Instead of using Archive Utility, could you also try using The Unarchiver (https://theunarchiver.com/) since PnemaVoid reported this helped find some of the files. If this doesn't work, please generate a log with osu!macOS agent and copy and paste it here. Thanks!
I already use The Unarchiver, the problem appears when opening Wineskin, on the previous version of osu for High Sierra i could easily open osu's Wineskin
Darknn

AmAWolf wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

AmAWolf

I already use The Unarchiver, the problem appears when opening Wineskin, on the previous version of osu for High Sierra i could easily open osu's Wineskin
Have you actually tried downloading an older version of osu!macOS (only if you have macOS Mojave or older) or have you tried reinstalling the latest wineskin? Because yeah...

Also I haven't been on the osu!forums lately so I couldn't help anyone, heh...
(My Discord: Darkn#3538)
AmAWolf

Oblivous wrote:

AmAWolf wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

AmAWolf

Have you actually tried downloading an older version of osu!macOS (only if you have macOS Mojave or older) or have you tried reinstalling the latest wineskin? Because yeah...

Yeah so, I downloaded the new osu with Wineskin like 2/3 weeks ago, i changed from the old osu to the new one (the catalina one) because with this i can get to work discord rich presence. The old version is most likely to work but the discord rich presence won't work :/
Aoris
No panic guys, Big Sur works just fine with this. (I updated to Big Sur, and had tested it)
PoofSoulslimm
i wonder if its possible to run the 2007 client through wineskin
Darknn
AmAWolf

AmAWolf wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

AmAWolf wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

AmAWolf

Yeah so, I downloaded the new osu with Wineskin like 2/3 weeks ago, i changed from the old osu to the new one (the catalina one) because with this i can get to work discord rich presence. The old version is most likely to work but the discord rich presence won't work :/

Well I'm sorry but you're going to have to use the latest wineskin to get discord rich presence to work, as doing the bridge.exe method on the older wineskins no longer work and you MUST use the latest wineskin, sorry.

theasianduck124 wrote:

No panic guys, Big Sur works just fine with this. (I updated to Big Sur, and had tested it)
Now I already updated to Big Sur Beta a month back and saw that osu!catalina worked with Big Sur, but I was too lazy to make a post on the forum about it.

PoofSoulslimm wrote:

i wonder if its possible to run the 2007 client through wineskin
Maybe it would work but you would need to update the wineskin to 64-bit in order for it to even run on Catalina & Big Sur.
aidswidjaja
I found that slc's Wineskin is way more stable on my computer, but I'm packing up and moving everything to Techno's Catalina+ Wineskin since it has compatibility with Big Sur which I might upgrade to later.

AmAWolf

Yea Discord RPC doesn't work on older Wineskins unfortunately.

If your game runs, and you're only experiencing issues with Wineskin.app, you could maybe try and copy and paste the old Wineskin.app to the new one? I have no idea whether this would work, and it's entirely based on the assumption that Wineskin.app is portable and doesn't have any wrapper-specific dependencies...

Actually, if I uploaded my Wineskin.app (that is working under Techno's Catalina wineskin) would that work?
PoofSoulslimm

Oblivous wrote:

Maybe it would work but you would need to update the wineskin to 64-bit in order for it to even run on Catalina & Big Sur.
I have unofficial wineskin so I'll try that
genki-
Nothing fancy rn I just wanna play! I'm seeing this even after running the troubleshooter and if I go into terminal with the sudo, it will still read that there is no such file. I'm running High Sierra, should I restart?
Noir Report
Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14019)
Engine: WS9Wine4.0-rc3
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Compatibility mode is disabled
System Integrity Protection is disabled
Razer Synapse is absent
aidswidjaja
Noir_Tsukiyomo32
Nothing fancy rn I just wanna play! I'm seeing this even after running the troubleshooter and if I go into terminal with the sudo, it will still read that there is no such file. I'm running High Sierra, should I restart?

What exactly are you seeing? please attach the error message and we'll do our best to get back to you.

If the sudo command isn't finding the file it almost always means that you haven't typed the filepath right. Make sure you're doing all the steps below!

Also please indicate which Wineskin you're using - slc or techno. thanks!

AmAWolf
Did you get your Wineskin.app to work? If I have time I will try and upload my Wineskin.app to Google Drive and see if giving you just that file will work.

PoofSoulslimm
I have unofficial wineskin so I'll try that

It should work but just make sure you enabled the right Winetricks :) I'm not too sure how the osu!fallback client works but generally speaking it should be fine.
y0lky
The new version of osu is different from the old one as, in the new version when i tap on drive c >> osu it doesnt come up with a skins and beatmaps folder only discord-rpc.dll
osu!.cfg
osu!.exe. Am I doing something wrong cus i have alr done the download once
aidswidjaja
y0lky
The new version of osu is different from the old one as, in the new version when i tap on drive c >> osu it doesnt come up with a skins and beatmaps folder only discord-rpc.dll
osu!.cfg
osu!.exe. Am I doing something wrong cus i have alr done the download once

That doesn't seem right. Have you executed osu! before - fetch the latest executable with osu!macOS Agent (in the Other tab) and then run it to update osu (or in this case, start osu! for the first time)

I've updated to Big Sur. It could just be the post-upgrade jitters but anyone getting frame drops while playing?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Looks like aidswidjaja and Oblivous have answered most of the posts so huge props to them! Apologies if I've missed anyone in this reply (if I have, please make a new reply to this thread).

AmAWolf wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

That error message appears when the Wineskin still has the quarantine attribute attached to it (or if the execute flag is missing). Have you ran the agent on the osu! application? (apologies if I've missed it, I can't seem to find it).

"genki-"

genki- wrote:

Noir Report
Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14019)
Engine: WS9Wine4.0-rc3
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Compatibility mode is disabled
System Integrity Protection is disabled
Razer Synapse is absent

I recall another report recently where they were trying to run osu! on High Sierra and it wouldn't launch. Can you try the Catalina (latest) Wineskin and see if that works? If it does then this might be a recurring problem :(

aidswidjaja wrote:

That doesn't seem right. Have you executed osu! before - fetch the latest executable with osu!macOS Agent (in the Other tab) and then run it to update osu (or in this case, start osu! for the first time)

I've updated to Big Sur. It could just be the post-upgrade jitters but anyone getting frame drops while playing?
Probably not an issue with the upgrade. The latest Wineskin (reportedly) seems to have a lot more frame drops than the older version (probably something to do with the bit architecture translation shenanigans so I'm waiting on an updated engine).
aidswidjaja
Technocoder
Probably not an issue with the upgrade. The latest Wineskin (reportedly) seems to have a lot more frame drops than the older version (probably something to do with the bit architecture translation shenanigans so I'm waiting on an updated engine).

Frames are a bit better now that I've settled into Big Sur. The last compiled was Jan but there's commits on the Git repo going back to August so if it proves a big issue we could try compiling ourselves, but I think at this stage it isn't too necessary.
RAYMND
when i try to unzip the file, my antivirus stops it, following with warnings saying things like a file has been corrupted with malware or a trojan
show more