forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Phantonym

abraker wrote:

anyone else having issues with scores not being updated?
Still stuck
Liswiera

abraker wrote:

Yes sir. The last uploaded score was in October 12th.
WhiteDoge
This thing hasn't gotten any scores for this month :( even when I manually submitted Gold Dust, my top play, it didn't show up :(
livingbright

Kurtisdede wrote:

-Near- wrote:

abraker wrote:

;-; wish I could do something
feelsbadman, hopefully someone fixes it soon
thing is tho every time i improve a score that was on the site i lose it completely so i guess its just an issue with adding new scores
same thing happens to me, i just went -1 in some categories and i was like wtf
same thing happens to me, i just went -1 in some categories and i was like wtf
Seto
alright some of my newest scores got updated now, do i have to add the ones from before manually or will they all get updated in a couple of days
Topic Starter
Kert
Database problems, will be fixed soon
Seto
Soooo, when do you reopen
Divinity
Seems like site is down, hopefully fixed soon?
Topic Starter
Kert
Maintenance finished. A couple of bugs related to duplicated player names and scores not being added should be fixed.
Some internal database optimizations were done too
goink
some of my recent scores have been submitted automatically, but i'm wondering if manual submission is still down...? i haven't been able to submit my scores on b/139603 and b/2546844
abraker
I successfully managed to add the second map

Try filling in beatmap id in map id
Nazzerin
So the updating on my profile is very inconsistent with my scores, yesterday I got a choke on this https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1160488#osu/2635266 which submitted but then when I FCd today with a lot better acc it didn't detect and submit the score when I tried updating, so I'm stuck with the choke.
Same on this one https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/593496#osu/1255605 but vice versa I got an FC first, it never submitted then I got a bad score on it today and it did submit that one.
ZadjeZ-Dog

amandarito wrote:

abraker wrote:

yes, even when manually submit
Yeah that happens to me as well
goink
is there any way i can know how much this score would give in precision? i can't submit it due to scorev1 :(
kingautist
You still haven't adjusted the scores to the rankings, despite it being as simple as dividing every score by the average value.
Nazzerin
Here to both ask for news and possible assistance but also give a suggestion. I still have problems manually submitting scores and it also has troubles detecting my scores even in recent plays. Yesterday I got a precision fc on cs7.15 which it didn’t register on the site but it registered B ranks and other plays I got in multi lobby that literally gave me no points in any stat. Any news on the problem or is it unknown?

Also a suggestion, someone might have already mentioned this but it would be cool to see a ranking leaderboard where you can sort after titles (aka combinations of skills). It’s cool and all to see the person with the highest precision but I want to see the ones with a lot of points while both having maybe lots of precision and high AR (sniper) and see who’s the best player there. This would exist for all titles though and it would be simple to calculate the highest players just take the average between the stats for that specific title. It might be hard to implement though, I wouldn’t know.
abraker

goink wrote:

is there any way i can know how much this score would give in precision? i can't submit it due to scorev1 :(
You can run the map through the skill calculator found here https://github.com/Kert/osuSkillsGUI/releases/tag/1.0

kingautist wrote:

You still haven't adjusted the scores to the rankings, despite it being as simple as dividing every score by the average value.
What do you mean by "adjusted the scores to the rankings"?

Sebbebro wrote:

I still have problems manually submitting scores and it also has troubles detecting my scores even in recent plays. Yesterday I got a precision fc on cs7.15 which it didn’t register on the site but it registered B ranks and other plays I got in multi lobby that literally gave me no points in any stat. Any news on the problem or is it unknown?
Is the missing score your best score? If it's not it won't register.

Sebbebro wrote:

Also a suggestion, someone might have already mentioned this but it would be cool to see a ranking leaderboard where you can sort after titles (aka combinations of skills).
there is a shit ton of things to add but years go by without them being added
goink

abraker wrote:

goink wrote:

You can run the map through the skill calculator found here https://github.com/Kert/osuSkillsGUI/releases/tag/1.0

I don't know if the issue is noted already, but when HR is applied to a map the CS will always cap out at 7, when in-game it caps out at 10. When calculating nomod on maps with cs>7, it seems to work fine - but adding HR will set the CS on those maps to 7, even if the base CS is higher than 7 (in the case of this screenshot, the base map is cs7.5 and was ranked last week).

The vast majority of worthwhile scores to attempt to gain precision from are cs7.8+, so this is very impractical for that stat in particular

edit: sidenote for what i said before - i ended up fixing the accuracy and submitting that score, so nevermind on that front
Topic Starter
Kert
@Sebbebro not sure what it was, but after restarting it seems to work correctly now. I am talking about two precision results you weren't able to submit
Nazzerin

Kert wrote:

@Sebbebro not sure what it was, but after restarting it seems to work correctly now. I am talking about two precision results you weren't able to submit
It's true, they're on my profile now, tysm! Also since yesterday I've been able to manually submit other plays. Which I couldn't before so it's looking better now I think.

[quote="abraker"]Is the missing score your best score? If it's not it won't register.
I always consider that since I've noticed it happening before. I never try to submit a score unless it's my highest on the map. But the problem has been fixed now so thx to both of you
abraker

goink wrote:

I don't know if the issue is noted already, but when HR is applied to a map the CS will always cap out at 7, when in-game it caps out at 10. When calculating nomod on maps with cs>7, it seems to work fine - but adding HR will set the CS on those maps to 7, even if the base CS is higher than 7 (in the case of this screenshot, the base map is cs7.5 and was ranked last week).
If you add HR, you are telling it to change CS and OD. HR is calculated the same as nomod just with increased CS and OD. So if you don't want it changing values on you, set it to nomod and change them manually
kingautist

abraker wrote:

I said what I mean, divide every score by the average score of the given skill.
zerkala
Im having problems with score submission. I set scores on this map beatmapsets/620982#osu/1322221 and this map beatmapsets/652412#osu/1383389 with HTHR (which I guess may or may not be supposed to submit, I have other hthr scores that arent my top on the map but idk) and after trying to manually submit the first one and just doing the second one again neither of them went through.
abraker

kingautist wrote:

abraker wrote:

I said what I mean, divide every score by the average score of the given skill.
You mean to make skills not have high number they do now?

Zerkala_ wrote:

Im having problems with score submission. I set scores on this map beatmapsets/620982#osu/1322221 and this map beatmapsets/652412#osu/1383389 with HTHR (which I guess may or may not be supposed to submit, I have other hthr scores that arent my top on the map but idk) and after trying to manually submit the first one and just doing the second one again neither of them went through.
Are they high scores, top 500, or in your top pp?
zerkala

abraker wrote:

Are they high scores, top 500, or in your top pp?
the first one isnt so that would be that I guess but this one beatmapsets/620982#osu/1322221 is #44 on the map and isnt showing up
EZ-Chan
It doesn't work for me.
kingautist

abraker wrote:

You mean to make skills not have high number they do now?
No. For example, my agility is 209 (rank 300453) and my memory is 16 (rank 20456). My memory should be higher than my agility because my memory is at a higher rank than my agility, same for all the other skills.
ShiroAmano0
I understand that might not appeal to everyone, but I'd love to have an option to remove scores older than a few months. Sometimes I stop playing for a long while and when I come back those old scores no longer reflect my ability.
Plexo
Hi. I have a question.
What is the difference between
the ambitious and the versatile
describtion?
abraker
One is higher skill than the other. Ambitious > versatile
Plexo

abraker wrote:

One is higher skill than the other. Ambitious > versatile
Alright thx
Dawns
Manual submission borked? Not working for me.
Purplegaze
This feels like something that should've been asked a hundred times before, so I'm sorry if it is, but it isn't in the FAQ and I can't find it in any earlier forum replies (though I can't be assed to look through all 1500):

Has there ever been any plans to add an overall number of the sum of all a player's skills, both on player profiles and on a ranking page?

I feel like it'd really be cool to see a page that shows player ranking in a table showing each individual skill and then sorting by a "total" column.

Also, I really think you should add like a 0.75x multiplier to all the Agility scores. Agility is basically everyone's highest score value regardless of if they are a jump or stream player whereas all the other skills seem to make sense in which ones are higher relative to one another in profiles

Edit: Also, I feel like you should do something to separate flow aim and speed streams. Currently, very high BPM stream players dominate both Stamina and Tenacity with basically exactly the same result, with the best flow aim players being nowhere to be seen. idke, for example, is not even top 200 for tenacity, despite being one of the players most would probably think of when asked who the best stream players are.

I feel like removing one of Stamina and Tenacity to replace with a skill for flow aim would make more sense - currently it feels like the same skill is being accounted for twice with flow aim being a skill not accounted for at all.
abraker

Purplegaze wrote:

Has there ever been any plans to add an overall number of the sum of all a player's skills, both on player profiles and on a ranking page?
Nope, added to the list.
nmi5
How exactly does training work. I see there are presets and you can make certain skills blue and have a 2nd bar to adjust. is this target score? What happens if you don't have any skill selected?
abraker

nmi5 wrote:

How exactly does training work. I see there are presets and you can make certain skills blue and have a 2nd bar to adjust. is this target score? What happens if you don't have any skill selected?
Have you tried using it?
nmi5

abraker wrote:

nmi5 wrote:

Have you tried using it?
Yes i have. I just want to know how to set it to train streams or acc in particular rather than see some jumpo maps it think i could improve aim with
How do you set certain skills basically.
abraker
Presets are enabling just the related skills and disabling others. The +% buttons seem to behave as defaults settings /shrug

Honestly I recommend enabling each skill and using slider to tune it manually. For streams and acc tune Stamina, Tenacity, and Accuracy to your skill level range. You should tune other skills to be a bit lower so those three skill you do care about dominate more.

Something like this:

kingautist

Purplegaze wrote:

Also, I really think you should add like a 0.75x multiplier to all the Agility scores. Agility is basically everyone's highest score value regardless of if they are a jump or stream player
I proposed that scores be divided by their average value to correct this, but abraker was too dumb to understand.
Full Tablet

kingautist wrote:

Purplegaze wrote:

Also, I really think you should add like a 0.75x multiplier to all the Agility scores. Agility is basically everyone's highest score value regardless of if they are a jump or stream player
I proposed that scores be divided by their average value to correct this, but abraker was too dumb to understand.
Dividing by the average wouldn't solve all problems, since also the distribution between different skills is different.

A better solution is having the displayed skill values be a function of the percentile of each value among all players for each individual skill.
show more