forum

Capcom Sound Team - Street Fighter 2 Megamix [LONG]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
Warning: This song is over 5 minutes in length and may not be friendly for newcomers or players with low endurance.

This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 10:54:57 PM

Artist: Capcom Sound Team
Title: Street Fighter 2 Megamix
BPM: 129.96
Filesize: 7095kb
Play Time: 55:329
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.13 stars, 588 notes)
Download: Capcom Sound Team - Street Fighter 2 Megamix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Wait, wait, wait! Before you leave after seeing the length, please read on! ;)

This is the Special Street Fighter 2 Medley song. It's basically alot of character's themes thrown into one song.

The song is a loop, but on top of that are the themes. There's about 20 seconds inbetween themes where you follow the loop, and that's the ONLY identical parts you will run into. What I mean is while playing this 5min+ song, you will not hear the same music twice except that loop.

Because of this, the difficulty changes accordingly. Some sections are easy, others are very hard.

With that said, enjoy this megamix. I consider this a marathon for you DDR players.

Update: Fixed some minor spacing issues with sliders. Redid a few notes which were right, but now easier for players. Changed the ending a bit, as it felt lacking before. Vers. 1.1.
hunnykilla
Go STREET FIGHTER!!!
Really enjoyed those streetfighter beatmaps.
Gunzil
I like this map a lot. There were only a couple parts that felt off beat, but the song is over 5 minutes long, so I'm not going to look for them. Otherwise, good job.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Not to sound egotistical or anything, but I am pretty sure that the map is timed perfectly. I've played it many times, I love it too. The sliders that follow background drums and also some parts of the main loop feel off too. This is because you're expecting a 1/4 beat but it's actually a 3/4 beat. Sounds weird and off, but it's the way it's supposed to.
Topic Starter
EiJi
I'm obsessed with this map... It's so friggin fun. Because of this, I've been playing it alot and just did a couple more changes.

The sliders at 4:31 were rearranged, two of them were stacked. Before them, even I couldn't even do em without missing, and I mapped it. The way it is now, I can go through them rather easily. Hopefully this change helps others as well. Some other misc. changes too. Enjoy.
MaxwellDemon
Absolutely love this beatmap. And I seriously meant it. XD
It's addictive, the spacing is perfect, I don't find anything wrong with the timing either.

Thought-bubbling it. :D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This map is very well-made, but the problem is the length. For the less "hardcore" players that can't play as long, would you be willing to make an "easy" version? I think it would be a good ending spot where the break is around 3 minutes.
Topic Starter
EiJi
As you should know by now, I only do one version of a song. =)

As for the length, shortening it defeats the entire reason behind mapping it. I intended to map this song with its entire length, and as such I did so.

Well, whatever. Ranked or not, I just frggin LOVE this map. I'll be happy either way.
eyup
Nice map, but long. Dare I say it, unrankably long. =\
Hitoshirenu Shourai
If this were to be ranked, I believe it should be tagged as "Long" in the title, not unlike how long songs are tagged in StepMania. Maybe peppy could even implement something for songs more than 4 minutes be tagged as long? =o

But anyways, yeah, it's just as eyup said.

eyup wrote:

So.... yeah.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Haters. :roll:
Cecilthemos

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

If this were to be ranked, I believe it should be tagged as "Long" in the title, not unlike how long songs are tagged in StepMania. Maybe peppy could even implement something for songs more than 4 minutes be tagged as long? =o

But anyways, yeah, it's just as eyup said.

eyup wrote:

So.... yeah.
The long tag sounds like a great idea.
Topic Starter
EiJi
So, with the ranking of my "Christmas Party" map, which is of about equal length, I demand this be ranked too.

Xmas party is a collection of all the common Xmas songs.

This is a collection of SF character themes.

Rank me. :P
Rolled
There are a few length nazis around here, and while I think this song is rankable I do not want to get on anybodys bad side right as I become a moderator :P But this song does not deserve to be on the third page of completed, so have a bump.
Zyid
Looked at it in Edit Mode, loved it, I'm going to take the initiative here and put it up. Eiji has a point - it won't be the first long song we have up there, but just in case I'm going to add a prominent length warning to the title and first post.

I think that this should be an acceptable solution.
eyup

Zyid wrote:

Looked at it in Edit Mode, loved it, I'm going to take the initiative here and put it up.
Sorry but that's a big no-no. Play the song through at least a couple of times and make sure everything checks out - Edit mode is too perfect and some flaws which are evident in gameplay won't show up there. I'm not implying that the map has flaws since EiJi is a pretty solid mapper but you still need to Play Mode it up to properly evaluate a map.
Zyid

eyup wrote:

Zyid wrote:

Looked at it in Edit Mode, loved it, I'm going to take the initiative here and put it up.
Sorry but that's a big no-no. Play the song through at least a couple of times and make sure everything checks out - Edit mode is too perfect and some flaws which are evident in gameplay won't show up there. I'm not implying that the map has flaws since EiJi is a pretty solid mapper but you still need to Play Mode it up to properly evaluate a map.
Played it, my opinion has not changed. Thanks for clarifying the procedure.
Saturos
Eiji had my seal of approval on this last week, so it's all good. ;)
Topic Starter
EiJi
Yoink, Saturos. Yoink.