forum

macOS Updated Wineskin Installation Guide (Rosetta support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Technocoder

B2K-oof wrote:

I have a problem, McAfee deletes some of osu's source files and reports them as trojan ware. Because of this, when downloaded, it says osu is damaged and prompts me to move to trash. Any way on how to fix this?
Disable or uninstall McAfee.
ibra158
hello, its doesn't work for me. I downloaded it but osu doesn't work. when I lunch it didn't open, nothing happen.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

ibra158 wrote:

hello, its doesn't work for me. I downloaded it but osu doesn't work. when I lunch it didn't open, nothing happen.

Technocoder wrote:

Troubleshooting:
  1. Check the details shown in the Troubleshoot tab
  2. Press the Copy Report button
  3. Paste the report in your reply to this thread
Please follow all installation and troubleshooting steps.
Darknn
Technocoder, Discord Rich Presence STILL doesn't work, even despite me doing:
-Bridge.exe then execute.bat
-Downloading osu!catalina version
and yet it still doesn't wanna work.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Oblivous wrote:

Not sure what to suggest as I'm not sure what would be going wrong. Did you manage to get the Catalina version (latest Wineskin) up and running? Is your Discord version up to date? Are there any other applications using the Rich Presence feature (like Spotify) you might be able to quit? What about restarting your computer?

If you're using another Wineskin you might be able to copy the execute.bat and bridge.exe files from the Catalina Wineskin and see if that works.
Ghost_san
im not sure if its just my settings but when i play i notice that my cursor moves down a bit. it doesn't move down too much but it does become noticeable the longer i play. my mouse would be in the middle of my mouse pad and it would end up on the edge of the mouse pad after i play one map. its small but its still big enough to effect my accuracy. i downloaded this yesterday.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"FatBoi5"

FatBoi5 wrote:

im not sure if its just my settings but when i play i notice that my cursor moves down a bit. it doesn't move down too much but it does become noticeable the longer i play. my mouse would be in the middle of my mouse pad and it would end up on the edge of the mouse pad after i play one map. its small but its still big enough to effect my accuracy. i downloaded this yesterday.

You're probably experiencing "mouse" or "cursor drift". It's not specific to macOS as it's prevalent amongst Windows players too. I can't really help you with that as I use a tablet but you might be able to open a help thread and find solutions there.
Darknn

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

Not sure what to suggest as I'm not sure what would be going wrong. Did you manage to get the Catalina version (latest Wineskin) up and running? Is your Discord version up to date? Are there any other applications using the Rich Presence feature (like Spotify) you might be able to quit? What about restarting your computer?

If you're using another Wineskin you might be able to copy the execute.bat and bridge.exe files from the Catalina Wineskin and see if that works.
1st question: Discord is up-to-date.
2nd question: Yes, I was able to get the Catalina version to work and running.
3rd question: Spotify wasn't opened when I did it.
4th question: Still didn't help.
5th question: What do you mean by "copy the execute.bat and bridge.exe files from the Catalina Wineskin"?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Oblivous

Oblivous wrote:

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

5th question: What do you mean by "copy the execute.bat and bridge.exe files from the Catalina Wineskin"?

If you open the osu! folder in the Catalina Wineskin (right click osu! > Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu!), the execute.bat and bridge.exe files should be in there. You can copy those files into your existing Wineskin (if you have one) in case they weren't made correctly. If the Catalina version didn't make Discord Rich Presence work though, I don't think this would be of much help. Sorry, I don't really have any other steps to suggest as it seems to be working for other people (someone I helped managed to get it working two days ago).
Darknn

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous

Oblivous wrote:

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

If you open the osu! folder in the Catalina Wineskin (right click osu! > Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu!), the execute.bat and bridge.exe files should be in there. You can copy those files into your existing Wineskin (if you have one) in case they weren't made correctly. If the Catalina version didn't make Discord Rich Presence work though, I don't think this would be of much help. Sorry, I don't really have any other steps to suggest as it seems to be working for other people (someone I helped managed to get it working two days ago).
After reading this, I decided to just reinstall the Catalina version to see if that would do anything, and it seemed it did, thanks for helping anyways. [make sure to use the Latest Wineskin and not experimental], also yes if as what I just said wasn't clear, Discord Rich Presence works now.

I also have another question now, Technocoder: How come we now have to use the osu!macOS agent to move songs &. skins automatically instead of clicking it and let it import? Is it a wineskin problem or a import problem? I'm fairly interested.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Oblivous wrote:

I also have another question now, Technocoder: How come we now have to use the osu!macOS agent to move songs &. skins automatically instead of clicking it and let it import? Is it a wineskin problem or a import problem? I'm fairly interested.
It's a macOS permissions problem. From the WineskinServer repository (https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/issues/26#issue-551841130): However keeping SIP enabled will block access multiple user directory’s if permission isn’t granted.

Most people don't have SIP (System Integrity Protection) disabled on the newer versions of macOS so the best alternative is to get osu!macOS Agent to move the files into Wineskin itself. I encountered this problem when I tried to open replays from the macOS Downloads directory (it just couldn't access them).
Darknn

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

It's a macOS permissions problem. From the WineskinServer repository (https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/issues/26#issue-551841130): However keeping SIP enabled will block access multiple user directory’s if permission isn’t granted.

Most people don't have SIP (System Integrity Protection) disabled on the newer versions of macOS so the best alternative is to get osu!macOS Agent to move the files into Wineskin itself. I encountered this problem when I tried to open replays from the macOS Downloads directory (it just couldn't access them).
Alright, but another question is: How do you fix the weird font on like the ranking and stuff? As when I open osu! and I look at the main menu, I can see that my rank has some weird bigger numbers than usual, is there a way to fix that as it kinda is buggin' me.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Oblivous wrote:

Alright, but another question is: How do you fix the weird font on like the ranking and stuff? As when I open osu! and I look at the main menu, I can see that my rank has some weird bigger numbers than usual, is there a way to fix that as it kinda is buggin' me.
Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like?... Give the default skin a try as well in case it's a skin issue.
Darknn

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like?... Give the default skin a try as well in case it's a skin issue.
Alright, let me go get the screenshot to show you. Sorry if I'm taking quite some time to respond, osu! doesn't give me notifications when someone replies to me in a forum.
osu! on macOS:

osu! on Windows:

Now they are both a slight tiny difference, but it is visible that, they are different. And I can see it has changed a bit as the old osu! version (Mojave and older) had much worse bumpy text, but it is still visible in this version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Question 3] I have another question, how come osu! takes a while to open on macOS? On Windows it seems to load a lot faster, why is that? Also here is the video of me opening it, it seems to take 15 seconds. -> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/695430418492555314/765892108208177162/osu_-_takes_a_while.mov

[Question 4] Should we re-download osu! weekly or monthly because you might update it and some of us wants to stay uo-to-date on our osu!version.
Cin-Kun
Sorry, whenever I try to download beatmaps in any way like by dragging the files into Osu's package contents or allowing them to be downloaded in automatically, it never works and a notification pops up saying that there is no windows configuration for this wineskin to work? The actual game does work, I just can't download any beat maps for some reason. Help?
Darknn

Cin-Kun wrote:

Sorry, whenever I try to download beatmaps in any way like by dragging the files into Osu's package contents or allowing them to be downloaded in automatically, it never works and a notification pops up saying that there is no windows configuration for this wineskin to work? The actual game does work, I just can't download any beat maps for some reason. Help?
If you go back to the forum, there are instructions there on how to import beatmaps. But if you don't wanna go back, let me just tell you how to fix your error below
VVVV
Step 1. Keep the osu!macOS Agent open in the background.
Step 2. Download a osu! map.
Step 3. Once finished downloading, the Agent should automatically put the song in your songs folder for you.
Step 4. Go back into osu!
Step 5. Press F5 in-game and the song should import.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Oblivous

Oblivous wrote:

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

Alright, let me go get the screenshot to show you. Sorry if I'm taking quite some time to respond, osu! doesn't give me notifications when someone replies to me in a forum.
osu! on macOS:

osu! on Windows:

Now they are both a slight tiny difference, but it is visible that, they are different. And I can see it has changed a bit as the old osu! version (Mojave and older) had much worse bumpy text, but it is still visible in this version.
Gave it a look on my end and wow, you're right, it is bigger!

I'm not sure what the cause of this is. I *suspect* it's a fonts issue where one of the fonts on macOS is different from Windows or it's defaulting to some fallback font in case it's non existent but without more information on how the game works I don't think I can fix it.

Oblivous
[Question 3] I have another question, how come osu! takes a while to open on macOS? On Windows it seems to load a lot faster, why is that? Also here is the video of me opening it, it seems to take 15 seconds. -> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/695430418492555314/765892108208177162/osu_-_takes_a_while.mov
There are two main reasons for this. First, for osu! to run, Wine needs to create its own process (called the preloader, you may see this appear in Discord for people who don't have Rich Presence) and then this process needs to initialise and open osu!. This two stage load means that it takes significantly more time to open an application initially.

The second reason is due to how the Discord Rich Presence works. The bridge.exe file has to start before osu! so it can capture the presence protocol which is why you see that black terminal window pop up. It takes time to open of course and osu! can't start without it finishing first.

Oblivous
[Question 4] Should we re-download osu! weekly or monthly because you might update it and some of us wants to stay uo-to-date on our osu!version.
The Wineskin or the osu! game itself? The game should automatically update itself.
As for the Wineskin, I rarely update it. Every month or even two months should be more than fine. If I do update it I add a note in the "Latest Wineskin changes" section.
Darknn

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous

Oblivous wrote:

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

osu! on macOS:

osu! on Windows:

I'm not sure what the cause of this is. I *suspect* it's a fonts issue where one of the fonts on macOS is different from Windows or it's defaulting to some fallback font in case it's non existent but without more information on how the game works I don't think I can fix it.

Oblivous
There are two main reasons for this. First, for osu! to run, Wine needs to create its own process (called the preloader, you may see this appear in Discord for people who don't have Rich Presence) and then this process needs to initialise and open osu!. This two stage load means that it takes significantly more time to open an application initially.

The second reason is due to how the Discord Rich Presence works. The bridge.exe file has to start before osu! so it can capture the presence protocol which is why you see that black terminal window pop up. It takes time to open of course and osu! can't start without it finishing first.

Oblivous
The Wineskin or the osu! game itself? The game should automatically update itself.
As for the Wineskin, I rarely update it. Every month or even two months should be more than fine. If I do update it I add a note in the "Latest Wineskin changes" section.

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous

Oblivous wrote:

Technocoder wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

osu! on macOS:

osu! on Windows:

Oblivous

Oblivous

Thanks for answering my questions, I'll end my questions forum hopefully here. And once again, thanks for responding. Now here are my responses to your answers.

Answer 1: Aw, I guess that is too bad. I mean, it doesn't affect the game a whole lot, but it does get annoying when you see the difference between the two operating systems.

Answer 2: Oh, that's why.

Answer 3: I was talking about the Wineskin, and oh okay, I guess that is a good way of saying when it was last updated and what changed.
aidswidjaja
hi everyone, I hope it's alright if I put this here.

I've set up a website where I've written some documentation on how to install either Techno's and slc's wineskin on macOS, as well as addressing common issues and questions.

Hopefully it provides a more comprehensive and user-friendly interface for people to get osu! running on their mac by themselves. The documentation on the osu! knowledge base is quite outdated, and it's definitely hard to dig through forum threads and things like that, and I wanted to make it really easy to follow with lots of detail.

You can find the site live here: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io

the docs are open-source so you can contribute on GitHub: https://github.com/aidswidjaja/osu-mac

Feel free to open a GitHub issue if you would like to add anything

docs are still in beta so if there's anything I need to fix, do, any questions/enquiries too, please open a GitHub issue at https://github.com/aidswidjaja/osu-mac which is the easiest way I can get back to you. Alternatively you can PM me on osu! or DM me on Discord (aidswidjaja#2805) but I won't be checking the forums too much since I'm a pretty busy boi

Otherwise, I hope this helps some people and makes the osu!mac onboarding experience easier. I'm also new to the forums so please let me know if I need to change anything or if this is the wrong place for this.

thanks a lot!
Adrian
Darknn
aidswdjaja

aidswidjaja wrote:

I've set up a website where I've written some documentation on how to install either Techno's and slc's wineskin on macOS, as well as addressing common issues and questions.

Hopefully it provides a more comprehensive and user-friendly interface for people to get osu! running on their mac by themselves. The documentation on the osu! knowledge base is quite outdated, and it's definitely hard to dig through forum threads and things like that, and I wanted to make it really easy to follow with lots of detail.

the docs are open-source so you can contribute on GitHub: https://github.com/aidswidjaja/osu-mac

docs are still in beta so if there's anything I need to fix, do, any questions/enquiries too, please open a GitHub issue at https://github.com/aidswidjaja/osu-mac which is the easiest way I can get back to you. Alternatively you can PM me on osu! or DM me on Discord (aidswidjaja#2805) but I won't be checking the forums too much since I'm a pretty busy boi

Otherwise, I hope this helps some people and makes the osu!mac onboarding experience easier. I'm also new to the forums so please let me know if I need to change anything or if this is the wrong place for this.

thanks a lot!
Adrian
Wow, that is a really good website, -clap-
Topic Starter
Technocoder
aidswidjaja

aidswidjaja wrote:

thanks a lot!
Adrian

aidswidjaja wrote:

thanks a lot!
Adrian

Wow, nice job! I saw that you had starred my tool and made this repository a while ago but I wasn't sure what you were planning on doing with it. This is fantastic!

Regarding importing beatmaps and skins (https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/welcome/import.html), I still recommend using osu!macOS Agent to do this as it will automatically handle things like extraction and alphanumeric characters. I don't know if you plan on having a section for this.

Regarding transferring data from another Wineskin (https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/welcome/transfer.html), I think it should be made clear that transferring just the Skins and Songs folder will not transfer your scores and replays over (that requires the scores.db and Replays folder and probably some other files?) which I learnt the hard way (rip 2017 replays).

Regarding compatibility mode, macOS Agent will also disable it as part of its troubleshooting sequence. Are you sure it's called "osu!fallback"? I've only ever seen that term used for the Stable Fallback versison of osu!.

Regarding the startup issues with Catalina, these are only present in my experimental Catalina version as the execute.bat file exists as part of Discord Rich Presence now.

Regarding Discord Rich Presence, it's not just that I converted the system calls to 64 bit. The system calls in the original repository are for Linux, not macOS which is why you won't find it working by default. Great job on figuring out that it can't run on 32 bit Wine! That's explained why no one seems to be able to get Rich Presence on any of the older Wineskins.

(Small nitpick: I think it'd be better to expand out contractions like "rn" and "ofc")
(Looks like there's some minor markdown formatting issues in the Acknowledgements page)
aidswidjaja

Technocoder wrote:

Wow, nice job! I saw that you had starred my tool and made this repository a while ago but I wasn't sure what you were planning on doing with it. This is fantastic!

Regarding importing beatmaps and skins (https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/welcome/import.html), I still recommend using osu!macOS Agent to do this as it will automatically handle things like extraction and alphanumeric characters. I don't know if you plan on having a section for this.

Regarding transferring data from another Wineskin (https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/welcome/transfer.html), I think it should be made clear that transferring just the Skins and Songs folder will not transfer your scores and replays over (that requires the scores.db and Replays folder and probably some other files?) which I learnt the hard way (rip 2017 replays).

Regarding compatibility mode, macOS Agent will also disable it as part of its troubleshooting sequence. Are you sure it's called "osu!fallback"? I've only ever seen that term used for the Stable Fallback versison of osu!.

Regarding the startup issues with Catalina, these are only present in my experimental Catalina version as the execute.bat file exists as part of Discord Rich Presence now.

Regarding Discord Rich Presence, it's not just that I converted the system calls to 64 bit. The system calls in the original repository are for Linux, not macOS which is why you won't find it working by default. Great job on figuring out that it can't run on 32 bit Wine! That's explained why no one seems to be able to get Rich Presence on any of the older Wineskins.

(Small nitpick: I think it'd be better to expand out contractions like "rn" and "ofc")
(Looks like there's some minor markdown formatting issues in the Acknowledgements page)
Thanks for your great feedback!

osu!macOS Agent imports: totally dropped the ball on that one and I think somewhere sometime in someplace I did mention that but I must have forgotten to put it in the actual Importing section - will do

Transferring data: ah yes forgot about scores and Replays - thanks for letting me know and I'll add that into the import section as well.

Compatibility mode: oops yup, Compatibility Mode just translates DirectX to OpenGL while stable fallback is an entirely different build altogether I believe

Catalina startup issues: yep thanks for letting me know - I use slc's Wineskin which means I've been able to remove the no-splash flag

Discord RPC: ahhh I see - that would very much explain it. I would have hoped that Linux and macOS namespaces were the same but that makes more sense.

Contractions: I'll take a look over that when I have time since that's a good point and idk why I did that lol

Acknowledgements formatting: will fix!

And I'll take a look at your PR on GitHub too

Oblivous wrote:

Wow, that is a really good website, -clap-
Thanks very much for your feedback!
Baby_Pudding
Osu! now works on my Mac, but when I want to import a skin, it directs me to the Agent app and it won't let me import it. The same goes for the beatmaps. Any other solutions rather than the Agent app?

I also heard that you can import it manually, but how can I do that?

Please let me know from both of them!
aidswidjaja

Baby_Pudding wrote:

Osu! now works on my Mac, but when I want to import a skin, it directs me to the Agent app and it won't let me import it. The same goes for the beatmaps. Any other solutions rather than the Agent app?

if I recall correctly, osu!macOS Agent should automatically move beatmaps and skins from your Downloads folder to your Songs folder in osu! if you have the option enabled.

Otherwise, you can import manually by moving your skin to the Skins folder in your Wineskin. The path for this is osu!.app/drive_c/osu!/Skins then refresh in osu! using Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S

more info: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/welcome/import.html#importing-skins
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Baby_Pudding

Baby_Pudding wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by "directing" you to the Agent app? When you move or download the skin file into the Downloads folder it should automatically remove it and put it in the osu! folder.

The steps for importing manually are in the original post... Is there something wrong with them?
Darknn
Baby_Pudding Question

Baby_Pudding wrote:

What should happen is:
You leave the osu!macOS agent open in the background to import beatmaps and skins.
If you are importing beatmaps, you only need to press FN + F5 in-game to load in the map.
For skins, you wanna press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S to reload skins and use the skin.
This was clearly stated in the steps page of the forum.

Quick Question

Technocoder, why does when I use my bluetooth headphones on osu!macOS, the hitsounds have a BIGGGGG delay? Literally everything else was on time and fine, including my other programs, accept for the osu! hitsounds. How do you fix this?
PoofSoulslimm
everything is good with the logs
Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G7024)
Engine: WS9Wine4.0-rc3
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Release: Stable40
Quarantine attribute is absent
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Compatibility mode is disabled
System Integrity Protection is disabled
Engine version is supported
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: update.log is absent
No errors in: runtime.log
but it still isn't opening? i'm on macOS high sierra. Any help?
Darknn

PoofSoulslimm wrote:

Make sure to follow the steps below.

Okay so. Make sure you downloaded the latest osu!catalina wineskin.
Now once you did that, extract the file to your desktop.
Once you did that, open the osu!macOS agent and choose the osu! app you put on your desktop.
Once selected, click "OK" and go to the troubleshoot tab and click "Scan"
Once finished scanning, click "Repair"
After repaired, go to the "Update" tab.
Click the "Update" button on the agent.
Once finished updating, right click osu! and click "Open"
And hopefully it'll oepn.
PoofSoulslimm

Oblivous wrote:

PoofSoulslimm wrote:

Once you did that, open the osu!macOS agent and choose the osu! app you put on your desktop.
Thank you, as you can tell by me being able to post again (first time was a glitch) i verified myself by playing a map! might make a video guide.
Darknn
PoofSoulslimm Reply

PoofSoulslimm wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

PoofSoulslimm wrote:

Thank you, as you can tell by me being able to post again (first time was a glitch) i verified myself by playing a map! might make a video guide.

You're welcome! I'm willing to help anyone that needs help running osu! on macOS, (only for the agent), and also that will be very helpful of you to make a video guide, thank you.
raiqo
hey so i've been using the troubleshooter to try and repair my osu bit it keeps giving me this error:
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G6032)
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Game configuration is absent
Execute flag is present
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: runtime.log is absent
so i tried creating a "logs" folder and then pasting 2 of my old log files into it and got this
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
[Warning] Errors in: update.log
2020-10-20T04:03:18: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-20T04:42:07: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-20T19:24:27: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-20T20:13:04: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-20T21:04:52: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T00:55:57: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T02:28:55: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T03:07:30: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T03:52:06: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T21:47:34: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T22:07:16: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T22:44:13: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-21T23:07:54: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-22T00:19:04: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-22T00:58:08: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
2020-10-22T01:33:27: _pending\osu!auth.dll => osu!auth.dll: FAIL
after this, i tried cleaning out the log files and deleted everything so that they were just clear files and got this:
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
No errors in: update.log
it says "no errors" but i still can't launch my osu, any help would be appreciated :)
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Oblivous wrote:

Technocoder, why does when I use my bluetooth headphones on osu!macOS, the hitsounds have a BIGGGGG delay? Literally everything else was on time and fine, including my other programs, accept for the osu! hitsounds. How do you fix this?
Sorry, I'm not sure why this would happen. Are you sure there isn't a delay in your bluetooth headphones? It might be easier to tell with the hitsounds.

"raiqo"

raiqo wrote:

hey so i've been using the troubleshooter to try and repair my osu bit it keeps giving me this error:
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
so i tried creating a "logs" folder and then pasting 2 of my old log files into it and got this
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
after this, i tried cleaning out the log files and deleted everything so that they were just clear files and got this:
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
it says "no errors" but i still can't launch my osu, any help would be appreciated :)

Copying your log files into the Logs folder isn't going to do anything haha. Can you please try using the Latest Wineskin and see if that works? Looks like there's possibly some issues with the other Wineskin now (not sure).
PoofSoulslimm
{redacted}
raiqo
"raiqo"

raiqo wrote:

Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
Wineskin 2.8.8Beta6
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Copying your log files into the Logs folder isn't going to do anything haha. Can you please try using the Latest Wineskin and see if that works? Looks like there's possibly some issues with the other Wineskin now (not sure).[/quote]
i downloaded the wineskin from the mojave link since im on MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6, should i download the catalina version?
Darknn
Technocoder Question
Sorry, I'm not sure why this would happen. Are you sure there isn't a delay in your bluetooth headphones? It might be easier to tell with the hitsounds.

Yes, I checked, I don't have any delay on my headphones, listening to audio, being in calls with my Discord friends, playing games such as Minecraft or Kerbal Space Program, they all don't have that much delay (like 5ms) unlike osu! where the hitsounds are delayed by 100+ ms. This is a problem for me because there is no way I'm gonna decide to use the speakers on my MacBook to play osu!, just no. Also, if you wanna continue this conversation faster, you can friend me on Discord "Darkn#3538"

raiqo
i downloaded the wineskin from the mojave link since im on MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6, should i download the catalina version?
You do know that the osu!catalina wineskin works on older versions too right? It works on macOS Mojave, High Sierra, and older versions. So yeah, download the latest wineskin from this forum.

Quick Question #2

How come when I use the latest wineskin on macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), I get around 400+ FPS during intense gameplay but on macOS Mojave (10.14.6), I get around 150+ FPS during intense gameplay? How come macOS Mojave gets more lag? That is the main question.

Quick Question #3

How come once I turned off crutil, I still can't make the osu! maps and skins automatically move by itself without using the agent?
raiqo
update: I downloaded the newest wineskin and still cant get osu to launch
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Game user configuration is absent
Razer Synapse is absent
Darknn
raiqo's question

raiqo wrote:

Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
Are you sure you selected the osu!catalina application and click "Scan" and repaired anything broken on it? if not, it won't open.

Reading the report, it seems everything is fine, have you tried right clicking osu! and clicking open on it? Also if you want support 24/7, you can friend me on discord, "Darkn#3538", I'm on EST time so for me: 12 - 10 PM.
raiqo

Oblivous wrote:

raiqo's question

raiqo wrote:

Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
Are you sure you selected the osu!catalina application and click "Scan" and repaired anything broken on it? if not, it won't open.

Reading the report, it seems everything is fine, have you tried right clicking osu! and clicking open on it? Also if you want support 24/7, you can friend me on discord, "Darkn#3538", I'm on EST time so for me: 12 - 10 PM.
yes, im 100% sure i clicked on the osu!catalina and clicked on scan, then i clicked repair and got this report
Darknn
raiqo's question

raiqo wrote:

Oblivous wrote:

raiqo's question

raiqo wrote:

Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

yes, im 100% sure i clicked on the osu!catalina and clicked on scan, then i clicked repair and got this report
Hmm, well then I can't figure out a answer to help out, you'll need to wait for Technocoder to have a response.

(Technocoder if you are reading this, I have another quick question if you scroll up a bit)
aidswidjaja
raiqo

raiqo wrote:

Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Oblivious and raiqo, idk if this has already been mentioned or if you're working through it over Discord (and sorry I'm a bit late response since I've got exams :/) but maybe it could be a good idea to do a Wineskin test run.

This would give you logs that could help you further diagnose the issue (those should be separate from update.log and runtime.log tho that macOS Agent is picking up)

Also would double check screen options and trying playing around with those since the Wineserver might be running fine, but the graphics aren't lining up

Hope this helps and let us know if you've figured it out/still need some help
show more