forum

ELISA - Eurphoic Field

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 10:02:11 PM

Artist: ELISA
Title: Eurphoic Field
BPM: 150
Filesize: 0kb
Play Time: 3760:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.15 stars, 237 notes)
  2. Hard (2.82 stars, 302 notes)
Download: ELISA - Eurphoic Field
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First beatmap song. I feel like something is still off about it, so any comments will be appreciated. :)

EDIT: Finally believe I got everything right. So, off it is to Complete Submission :P
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Sorry for double post, but made a hard version for this map. :)
peppy
I like this.

Firstly, offset to 1225ms. This is earlier than you had for the actual beat, and I've moved it forward to align with the actual first beat in the bar, rather than the second.

Secondly, add some lead-in time if you are going to have the beats in the map start that early. This can be done from the song setup screen (F4) - I found about 2seconds to be ample.

Starring this.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Changes made! Thanks for starring this, peppy. :D

EDIT: Oops, forgot to recheck my beats. Done that now too. :)
peppy
Okay, I really like the feel of this and am tempted to rank it. One thing though - you used whistles quite nicely at the start of the song, but didn't seem to keep it up towards the end :(. Those epic beats that had whistles were plain old normal hits. Any chance of changing this a bit? ;)

Another small suggestion you might want to have a play with would be swapping to a softer sample set during the quiet part of the song. Not sure if you want to do this (and this will get ranked either way) but maybe give it a shot!
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Changes done. Added the whistles on those "epic beats" as you would call it and also applied the soft sample set on the slower bits as it does work better. :)

Once again, thanks for the advices on improvement, peppy! ^^
peppy
I'm more than happy with this now. Awesome work +bubble.
Kharl
Good song choice and excellent uses of extra sfx. BPM and offset are correct and beat spacing mostly follows the time-distance rule.

However, as the maps in Ouendan is mainly focuses on the lyric or the most distinguishable instrument, the beats usually sync with them, while the beats in your map act as another instrument supplementing the song and they might put some people off. But as this is only a matter of beatmapping style so it is nothing critical.

As there are no critical errors, this map is qualified for ranking. Please give us an okay if you do not wish to edit it any further, and we'll rank it right away.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
I am done with this map (anymore I would be sick of this song XD). :)
Thanks for modding it. ^^
Kharl
Okay, so....

* Ranked *
Ivalset
Shouldn't this be, ah, euphoric, rather than eurphoic?
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Ah, you are right. I didn't realize the spelling mistake. O_o;
>_>
<_<
Um... XD