forum

That awful habit...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpacemanSpiff
Does anyone else have that feeling of addiction when it comes to aquiring a new hobby? I get really into my hobbies and most of my friends will either not like it or just kinda be a little into it. I played WoW early on, got friends into it and they didn't get a chance to play with me and now barely play if at all. I started watching anime and now I watch about 10x more than any of my other freinds. Nobody will even try osu! :(

I was curious if anyone else feels a bit seperated from freinds, even society, because of an addictive personality. I'm curious as to who else deals with such a terrible tendancy.
Cuddlebun
I'd say that's more obsessive than addictive

also extremely pathetic, your friends don't like all the same things you do, deal with it
Topic Starter
SpacemanSpiff

Cuddlebun wrote:

also extremely pathetic, your friends don't like all the same things you do, deal with it
I didn't think a terribly blunt response was the point. I appreciate the terrible response, though. Shows how pessmistic and apathetic some people are today towards any problems they probably don't understand.

Also, I actually didn't start off with any of these things outside osu! I was introduced by my friends who really take just about all their hobbies (if you can even claim them to be their hobbies) with a grain of salt.

I think I was trying to aim if people understood my personality and how people cope with enjoying something well beyond any of their friends.
Mismagius

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Cuddlebun wrote:

I didn't think a terribly blunt response was the point. I appreciate the terrible response, though. Shows how pessmistic and apathetic some people are today towards any problems they probably don't understand.

Also, I actually didn't start off with any of these things outside osu! I was introduced by my friends who really take just about all their hobbies (if you can even claim them to be their hobbies) with a grain of salt.

I think I was trying to aim if people understood my personality and how people cope with enjoying something well beyond any of their friends.
you've posted in off-topic, that's why people will troll you

this happens to me too, but i just keep on livin' :/
Vext_old

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Does anyone else have that feeling of addiction when it comes to aquiring a new hobby? I get really into my hobbies and most of my friends will either not like it or just kinda be a little into it. I played WoW early on, got friends into it and they didn't get a chance to play with me and now barely play if at all. I started watching anime and now I watch about 10x more than any of my other freinds. Nobody will even try osu! :(

I was curious if anyone else feels a bit seperated from freinds, even society, because of an addictive personality. I'm curious as to who else deals with such a terrible tendancy.
First I say thank you for having an intellectual and well formulated question.

I am the same way when it comes to my hobbies, I will be there often and wishing my friends would as well. Fact of the matter is however that not everyone devotes as much time to one single thing. I've invited many friends to play osu! only to have them play around for an hour a week or 1 day and never log in again. They will then however be on something else such as WoW 8 hours a day every day. My suggestion to you is find friends in the area you enjoy. Make friends on osu! that share your love of it and play the same hours, and if you play WoW do the same there or any other place. Have some friends on everything you enjoy and it won't bother you anywhere near as much if your close friends don't join you.
Cuddlebun

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I was introduced by my friends who really take just about all their hobbies (if you can even claim them to be their hobbies) with a grain of salt.
I don't, um.

I don't think that's how that saying is used. At all.

also I'm gonna stick with deal with it, it's life. None of my friends play osu, and I don't care. Just the same as I don't do the same things they like to do excessively. dealll with iiiiiiiit

bro
Kitsunemimi
Yeah, this sort of err... happened to me.

Well, not that I really care that much. I can pwn them all in osu! now. And S4. And Minecraft.
Shohei Ohtani
I actually prefer it if they DON'T play. Hell, it got a bit akward when my brother started playing.

I prefer keeping my internet life separate from my actual life.
Jarby

Blue Dragon wrote:

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

you've posted in off-topic, that's why people will troll you

this happens to me too, but i just keep on livin' :/
HEY HEY

A BLUNT RESPONSE THAT YOU DON'T 100% AGREE WITH IS NOT TROLLING. I thought Cuddlebun's "terrible" post was appropriate anyway.
Firo Prochainezo
I don't have any friends.
Vext_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I'll be your friend!....Now take your top off.
Firo Prochainezo

Vext wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I'll be your friend!....Now take your top off.
Nope.
Vext_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Nope.
Darn, we're still friends though.
Firo Prochainezo

Vext wrote:

Nope.
Vext_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Vext wrote:

Nope.
Too bad.
Lizzehb
I don't have very many friends and the friends that I do have live far away and I can't drive to see them and they can't drive either. I seem to go see iMuffin a lot though since he lives like 10-15 mins away. The way that I see it, friends are nice yes, but, I'm at the age where I should be focusing on figuring out what i wanna do with my life and not trying to make friends, or boyfriends. (A little male attention is nice sometimes though, don't get me wrong!)
Vext_old

Lizzehb wrote:

I don't have very many friends and the friends that I do have live far away and I can't drive to see them and they can't drive either. I seem to go see iMuffin a lot though since he lives like 10-15 mins away. The way that I see it, friends are nice yes, but, I'm at the age where I should be focusing on figuring out what i wanna do with my life and not trying to make friends, or boyfriends. (A little male attention is nice sometimes though, don't get me wrong!)
Damn you lookin' good today. ^.~
Rantai

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I can relate somewhat, though for me it was when I was introduced to Stepmania - I guess I found it a little too fun and eventually no one could keep up and didn't have the patience to try. These days they don't even try to learn games that require a fair bit of finesse, due to that lack of patience.

Other than that my closest friends still love their anime and assorted video games.
those

Rantai wrote:

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I can relate somewhat, though for me it was when I was introduced to Stepmania - I guess I found it a little too fun and eventually no one could keep up and didn't have the patience to try. These days they don't even try to learn games that require a fair bit of finesse, due to that lack of patience.

Other than that my closest friends still love their anime and assorted video games.
I know exactly what you mean.
Shellghost
No.