forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/reaction my 3 mod fc on "bradbreeck - Emotional Uplifting Orchestral [Heaven]" - a 4.31* map - 805 points

http://osuskills.com/user/WhiteCat/skill/reaction - 3 mod fc on "umu. Ai no Sukima [Emotions]" - 9.29* map - 816 points(still more than 805 I suppose, but barely.) - Obviously these maps aren't even close to being on the same level, even if you put aside the SR
Can you link both maps please? I can't ctrl+f

===

Some things about reaction skill:

- Map length is not accounted for. Short maps you can spam retry are prob overweighted

- Reaction is pretty much a combination of base score and agility bonus. Base score is just AR converted to score, that's why a lot of scores around the same value.

- Reaction skill is more related to needed reaction time than how hard the patterns are. So the patterns may be harder, but that doesn't mean you need faster reaction time. The difference between 805 and 816 means they pretty much require a similiar reaction time from you.

- If you want a higher reaction score, don't use HD mod

Kurtisdede wrote:

Also, in my opinion the FL judgement for "should it count towards memory points?" is too harsh - or just plain unpredictable

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/memory - "toby fox - Last Goodbye (Fatfan Kolek) [Normal] +FL (99.57%)" is there - actual sightread map, while my HDHRFL FC on beatmapsets/953015#osu/1992682 isn't - which took me a hundred tries (granted, I'm not a great player).
Yea it might not be perfect. I think the process was: figure out if notes are poking into visible area (including approach circles), figure out if the player has enough time to figure out where the next note is, take into account size of visible area, and give bonus points for remembering which end of the slider it should be

The code for the skills can be found here: https://github.com/Kert/osuSkills
nyaarin

abraker wrote:

Can you link both maps please? I can't ctrl+f
beatmapsets/557532#osu/1182090 - emotional uplifting orchestral

beatmapsets/966339#osu/2022718 - umu. Ai no Sukima

abraker wrote:

- Map length is not accounted for. Short maps you can spam retry are prob overweighted
Any plans to change this?

abraker wrote:

- Reaction is pretty much a combination of base score and agility bonus. Base score is just AR converted to score, that's why a lot of scores around the same value.
In my opinion, there should be more of an agility bonus

abraker wrote:

- Reaction skill is more related to needed reaction time than how hard the patterns are. So the patterns may be harder, but that doesn't mean you need faster reaction time. The difference between 805 and 816 means they pretty much require a similiar reaction time from you.
Yes, but they are much, much harder to read/sightread, and since "Reaction" measures that ( https://kurt.s-ul.eu/SjkV8YEv ) I think it should be reworked

abraker wrote:

- If you want a higher reaction score, don't use HD mod
Yep, I'm fine with DTHR giving more points than HDDTHR

abraker wrote:

Yea it might not be perfect. I think the process was: figure out if notes are poking into visible area (including approach circles), figure out if the player has enough time to figure out where the next note is, take into account size of visible area, and give bonus points for remembering which end of the slider it should be
Why not make it so that this doesn't exist at all? Sure, a lot of 1-3* maps are sightreadable, but those don't really give enough memory points to matter anyway.

Thanks for responding to my comments btw, I love osu!skills and I just want it to be the best it can be.
AquaAidan
I was wondering...

What is the difference between 'agility' and 'accuracy'?

I feel like their kinda the same thing
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

abraker wrote:

Any plans to change this?
I don't think it will be the near future unfortunately. I want don't want to push for arbitrary fixes - I hate applying bandaid fixes as they are short term solutions and tend to introduce complexity. I still work on difficulty dev tho, doing replay/pattern analysis and trying to develop math for it backed by science. Unless kert (or somebody else via pull request) decides to push for changes, I'll be busy doing my own thing.

Kurtisdede wrote:

abraker wrote:

Yes, but they are much, much harder to read/sightread, and since "Reaction" measures that ( https://kurt.s-ul.eu/SjkV8YEv ) I think it should be reworked
So do you think it's more related to reading or just raw reaction?

Kurtisdede wrote:

abraker wrote:

Why not make it so that this doesn't exist at all? Sure, a lot of 1-3* maps are sightreadable, but those don't really give enough memory points to matter anyway.
Yea, maybe it's best to not give reaction for potentially sight readable FL plays. Again, don't expect it soon.

====

AquaAidan wrote:

I was wondering...

What is the difference between 'agility' and 'accuracy'?

I feel like their kinda the same thing
Agility has to do with aim
Accuracy has to do with hitting. Higher OD (tighter hit window) gives larger accuracy score, as well as more stamina intensive maps
sometimes

sometimes wrote:

this score is visible on my reaction page, but is nowhere to be found on memory http://osuskills.com/user/sometimes/skill/memory (and I'm pretty sure it's worth at least 7 points)
So is it a bug that the score shows on my reaction page but not on memory page? (should be around 260-300 points just by guessing based off of hddtfl being worth 245 points) Or is it actually worth less than 7 points.
Corne2Plum3
Why this map is missing, this is my top PP play...
beatmapsets/1207609#osu/2514777
Carlodium

Kert wrote:

Hey there!
Once upon a time I got an interesting idea of a system parallel/modification to Performance Points.
So I made a website for this too

Skill explanations for clarification:

Stamina - Tapping stamina
Tenacity - Streaming
Agility - Raw Aim
Precision - Ability to hit small circles
Reaction - Sight-reading
Reading - Aim related map reading
Memory - Flashlight performance
Accuracy - Rhythmic accuracy

The player also receives a"title" (or multiple titles) as a fun factor depending on the set of his best skills.

Future plans
  1. Reading skill
  2. Reaction skill - added!
  3. Memory skill - added!
  4. Player title badges - added!
  5. Overall skill-based rankings - added!
  6. Night mode - added!
  7. Mobile / tablet support - added!
  8. Personal userbars
Notice that only osu!standard is supported right now.

If you want to help us you can check and participate in some of the related discussion threads
What makes reading a map difficult?
Which map is harder? (Aim)
Best FL plays

Or you can improve code and calculations at:
https://github.com/Kert/osuSkills - calculator code
https://github.com/Kert/osuSkillsGUI - GUI for easier development

Developers: Kert, abraker, Full Tablet, Rust_omg
super idea!
abraker

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Why this map is missing, this is my top PP play...
beatmapsets/1207609#osu/2514777
I can't even manually enter it. I reported the issue to kert
nyaarin
http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/accuracy - Why does "Hanasaka Yui(CV: M.A.O) - Harumachi Clover (Djulus) [Hard] +HDDTHR (100%)" give way more Accuracy points than all of the stuff below it, when it's a lot easier in both stars and in OD - and not rhythmically complex either.
s0nolento
After I unlocked this "stumbler" medal I am unable to add scores manually.
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/accuracy - Why does "Hanasaka Yui(CV: M.A.O) - Harumachi Clover (Djulus) [Hard] +HDDTHR (100%)" give way more Accuracy points than all of the stuff below it, when it's a lot easier in both stars and in OD - and not rhythmically complex either.
Those acc scores look broke af

s0nolento wrote:

After I unlocked this "stumbler" medal I am unable to add scores manually.
Which scores are you trying to add?
nyaarin
2514776 - This map won't get added. When I try to add it manually, it just says "invalid beatmap ID". this is the map in question : beatmapsets/1207609#osu/2514776

Also, the site glitched and thinks I have a %98.92 DT FC on "Hikasa Youko, Uchida Maaya, Taketatsu Ayana, Akesaka Satomi - Gokujo. no Jouken (TV Size) (Hanasaka Yui) [Extra]" while in reality it was a HDHR FC. (Top spot on http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/agility - shouldnt be there. I don't have a 98.92% DT play on that map. I have a 98.92% HDHR play (which gives more score) and a 89% DT 3 miss(which gave me more pp) - somehow the site is combining them)
zerkala
My HTHR plays on 1597806 and 1111413 arent going through to the website.
The former I redid twice and tried to recalc but it never showed up, but since it's underneath a dt score idk if its supposed to show up or not. The second one is my top on the map though and Ive tried adding it manually with no luck and honestly idk if I could redo it easily.
Dey
Hello team osu!Skills. There is a problem. The scores that you add yourself for some reason are not counted if you click "+add score". I'm sure the beatmap could give me a small buff in tenacity because I checked this map on another player

Here is the beatmap https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/382664#osu/836756 and I have SS on it. Another player (namely "TheGreenZero97") also got an SS rank on this one and has 330 points for it, but I don't have, though I tried to add

Most likely, I understand the reason why everything is bad with this now, but maybe you can explain more precisely or even help? And I want to clarify that this is not the only one case, previously everything was added cool

abraker wrote:

Try adding manually
There is still a problem with manual addition and it looks like all beatmap's are affected. The map I was complaining about was added in some way, but now the problem seems to be more global
abraker
I messaged kert. Waiting for him to respond.
Topic Starter
Kert
Issues regarding supposedly added scores not appearing is resolved.
@Kurtisdede the map that wouldn't want to get added issue is also fixed.
Still investigating why your scores got mixed on "Hikasa Youko, Uchida Maaya, Taketatsu Ayana, Akesaka Satomi - Gokujo. no Jouken (TV Size) (Hanasaka Yui) [Extra]"
Houshou Marine
its been 2 days and my scores still hasnt updated
ok it's updated but my scores are all from 2 days ago and none from in between
updated but some scores didnt update with better acc, tried manually adding but still eh didnt update, guess ill give it some time
abraker
Try adding manually
Houshou Marine
yea i did try manually adding my scores a couple of times but none of them seems to have worked, i also have waited for the update timer to reset and to no surprise nothing was added lol.

also, my play on beatmapsets/432314#osu/935029 bill nye the science guy gained me 947points in precision but had better acc than hamato(a player from malaysia) whom also has a 947point on it despite having lower acc, how does it work lol
whelp thanks for helping me add them, everytime i manually add it it doesnt show up on recently added tho
Topic Starter
Kert
If you see the scores in the Recently added list after Manual submit that means they will appear after the next profile update. I've just manually added all of those without problems
IHaveNoStamina
Some of my scores got deleted randomly and I could not find the maps with your built-in search function. I believe it is a bug.
goink

IHaveNoStamina wrote:

Some of my scores got deleted randomly and I could not find the maps with your built-in search function. I believe it is a bug.
were they on loved maps? i unfortunately lost many of my scores as well, but i think the change was intentional. only ranked maps are intended to give points
abraker
loved maps were purged, sorry
IHaveNoStamina

goink wrote:

IHaveNoStamina wrote:

were they on loved maps? i unfortunately lost many of my scores as well, but i think the change was intentional. only ranked maps are intended to give points
RIP, I had a really nice Renard - Dash Hopes 3 score (~870 stamina)
san
h
Saiyku
The trainer section of the site needs the skill value limits increased, especially the agility one considering there are already agility plays worth 2000+
abraker
It's mind boggling how agility inflated over the years
ZadjeZ-Dog
What happens when we add a score?
goink
it gets added
Seto
So my scores arent getting updated at all these last 7 days, how can I fix it
abraker
anyone else having issues with scores not being updated?
alt0

abraker wrote:

i have
amandarito

abraker wrote:

yes, even when manually submit
bannynino

abraker wrote:

Yes
Houshou Marine

abraker wrote:

been 3 days
soyasauce
my hime hime fl fc got deleted after i fced it with hdfl, my hime hime hdfl fc isnt there too
abraker
Notified kert
Seto

abraker wrote:

last 9 days man
imPeaceful

-Near- wrote:

abraker wrote:

last 9 days man
Any luck lately or is it still stuck.
Houshou Marine

alexroyale wrote:

-Near- wrote:

abraker wrote:

last 9 days man
Any luck lately or is it still stuck.
still stuck for me LOL 6 days and going
show more