forum

Gone. Reduced to Atoms.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ninore
soo... basically, my windows 10 was extremely fucked so i couldn't even start the computer properly so we decided to reinstall windows 10

my C: and D: drives got cleaned in the process and merged into one 500 gb drive (they were just that 500 gb drive split in 2). my gaming drive (the drive where i kept steam and all my games) was fine. but osu! was in my c: drive so it got cleaned too.

about 3500 maps just got obliterated. i know i can recover most of them since i downloaded them, but my entire mapping history lies in those 3500 maps. every project i did, whether it's released or not, got deleted.

i had 4 mapping projects i was planning to release. one of them being a 10 minute compilation map i completed about %60 of. they got fucked.

i don't know if i should start mapping again. i do have comet but i already had an update and a new difficulty for that. so that got fucked in the ass too, i guess.

Photoshop? Every single thing i downloaded? All pictures i saved? All the music i used for my maps? NAHHH FUCK THOSE TOO

i don't know if i'm making this too much of a big deal. i'm just really sad that all my maps got deleted. i had no choice too. windows wouldn't download on that drive so i needed to clean and convert it.
levesterz
I think this is appropiate
GPR
When I used Windows, I never install or save anything in my Windows installation drive. I remember the C drive only 100 GB.
Lapizote
before reinstalling, I would've tried restoring it to a previous point first to see if the problem would be gone (you might lose some files in the process, but better than losing all of them).
abraker
If you need to reinstall an OS, you will almost definitely wipe your drive clean
Lapizote

abraker wrote:

If you need to reinstall an OS, you will almost definitely wipe your drive clean
I mean, you can install an OS (I'm only sure for Windows, idk for other operating systems) without wiping the drive clean (the files are transferred in windows.old) - I've done that so many times.

not recommended tho, better to wipe it before installing it.
Winnyace
Corne2Plum3
F
abraker
@axl I last reinstalled in win7 era. There is windows.old during those times?
Nuuskamuikkunen
First I lose my PC. Then you lose your data and Zelzatter breaks his arm.

IS SOMEONE DOING VOODOO IN OT?!
abraker
Nah, I totally did not hack reality and gain admin access to the universe
Lapizote

abraker wrote:

yep. I think Windows 10 still has that function (I remember installing Windows 10 in my dad's PC from a bootable USB, I didn't format his C: drive and all the contents there went to Windows.old)
GPR

abraker wrote:

Are yoh sure you are not login with root user?
q9za

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

Are you implying that there are other os eras in which an os was created that is better than windows 7? No. I am still on windows 7. God bless windows 7.
Lapizote

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

Are you implying that there are other os eras in which an os was created that is better than windows 7? No. I am still on windows 7. God bless windows 7.
despite switching over to 10, I still like 7 because I can run old-ass games on it.
YyottaCat

abraker wrote:

Are you actually sure?
q9za

axl2468 wrote:

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

despite switching over to 10, I still like 7 because I can run old-ass games on it.
just fucking, come back to 7 my man.
Lapizote

q9za wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

can't go back.

probably will go for 7 if I ever get to make my retro PC build.
GPR

axl2468 wrote:

q9za wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

can't go back.

There's dual boot solution.
Lapizote

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

q9za wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

can't go back.

There's dual boot solution.
well, I think going dual boot Windows 7/10 for my main PC would be kind of a waste of storage, as I will use 10 99.99% of the time.

the only reason why I'm thinking of building a retro PC is not because I actually see myself playing old games regularly, but because I just like to build stuff.
Topic Starter
ninore

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

hell no windows 10 is great there's a reason they aren't gonna release another os
GPR

nedd83 wrote:

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

hell no windows 10 is great there's a reason they aren't gonna release another os
It's call software as a service. Microsoft don't need to another marketing to launch new OS and the user don't need to migrate to new OS. They only need to big update every 6 months and it's easier to maintain.
Winnyace

nedd83 wrote:

q9za wrote:

abraker wrote:

the win7 era?

still has problems
Lapizote
TempleOS is the superior operating system anyway - perfect in every way. Linus can go eat a penguin.
GPR

axl2468 wrote:

TempleOS is the superior operating system anyway - perfect in every way. Linus can go eat a penguin.
No system is perfect.
samX500

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

No system is perfect.
I don't think you quite understand just how good TempleOS is. TempleOs was literally crafted by the hand of God himself. What blasmphemy are you perpetuating that the OS of God is not perfect?
GPR

samX500 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

No system is perfect.
I don't think you quite understand just how good TempleOS is. TempleOs was literally crafted by the hand of God himself. What blasmphemy are you perpetuating that the OS of God is not perfect?
Have you heard about Saint iGNUcius?
Winnyace

GPR wrote:

samX500 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

No system is perfect.
God himself created an OS, a godly programming language alongside a compiler and an editor that only the most PURE programmers can use.
z0z

Winnyace wrote:

GPR wrote:

samX500 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

No system is perfect.
God himself created an OS, a godly programming language alongside a compiler and an editor that only the most PURE programmers can use.
how about the BigBangOS?
it doesn't last forever as it's not fully stable but it can work very quickly with a immense amount of information
GPR

z0z wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

GPR wrote:

samX500 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

No system is perfect.
how about the BigBangOS?
it doesn't last forever as it's not fully stable but it can work very quickly with a immense amount of information
This thread slowly become /g/ but with different religion.
abraker
There was one mad programmer who was so damn good at what he did that his creations were near perfect. That mad programmer once made a script that made other scripts -- and it was perfect. With absolute perfection it made scripts that had no flaws. It ran so good, in fact, that one day the script made a script that made other scripts, and those scripts proceeded to make other scripts. Nothing could stop the damn perfect execution of all the scripts, and soon everything was filled with those scripts. The mad programmer, who made scripts of perfection, made one last script before his dying breath -- a perfect script to make scripts imperfect.

SPOILER
Humanity soon succumbed to stupidity when that last script perfectly executed its function.