forum

So I have found my problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ItsNerfOP
So I have three main problems. 1. Because of the way I click (without lifting my fingers off the keys) I can’t control the speed in which I’m clicking, making streams extremely hard.
2. My fingers tend to rub together whilst streaming.
3. I have no confidence in practice will help and I always seem to think I need a direct path to get to where I want to go.

Has anyone got any maps I can practice this? Cause rn I can’t stream 130 bpm without missing, getting 100s or 50s also the bar at the bottom goes all over the place
Simon12

ItsNerfOP wrote:

So I have three main problems. 1. Because of the way I click (without lifting my fingers off the keys) I can’t control the speed in which I’m clicking, making streams extremely hard.
Then slow down and get rid of that habit.

ItsNerfOP wrote:

2. My fingers tend to rub together whilst streaming.
Maybe the buttons on your keyboard are spaced too tightly?
Maybe you have fat fingers?
In that case, I'd try bandaging my fingers with medical tape and some soft fabric.
To deal with the friction.

ItsNerfOP wrote:

3. I have no confidence in practice will help and I always seem to think I need a direct path to get to where I want to go.
There is only one path. Maybe you feel stuck right now, but you'll learn as you play more and experiment.
What works and what doesn't. There is most likely a solution for you, you just haven't found it yet.

ItsNerfOP wrote:

Has anyone got any maps I can practice this? Cause rn I can’t stream 130 bpm without missing, getting 100s or 50s also the bar at the bottom goes all over the place
There isn't only a few select maps that will make you improve.
It could be any map really, as long as it's timed correctly and as long as you're being challenged.
Don't be fooled into thinking you need some sort of special practice collection or whatnot.

Just challenge yourself

(to a reasonable degree)

and experiment.

Almost
Dude, what you're doing is the literal definition of insanity. You've spent the last couple of months streaming like that bumping into the same problems over and over. Stop it.
Topic Starter
ItsNerfOP
Almost stop what? but ye I do feel like im going insane. this legit makes me feel ill, get depressed ye. but I just wanna be able to do it. which means I legit will push myself to the edge to try and do it. it pretty much stops me thinking about doing anything else.
Almost
Completely change the way you stream. The method you're trying just doesn't work. Literally stop jack hammering. Streaming like this forces you to straight up overly tense your hand and you have no real control over whether or not you even hit the keys. You probably developed this habit because it was the only way for you to clear bursts that were way too fast for you. Start from really low bpm bursts and just get used to the sensation of lifting your finger to clear the keyboard and slowly but surely raise the bpm as you get more comfortable.
Simon12

ItsNerfOP wrote:

Almost stop what? but ye I do feel like im going insane. this legit makes me feel ill, get depressed ye. but I just wanna be able to do it. which means I legit will push myself to the edge to try and do it. it pretty much stops me thinking about doing anything else.
We're not forcing you to follow our advice.
Do whatever you want.
Zedek117
I don't think that the reason you can't hit streams is because you rest your fingers on the keys, it sounds like you lack control. I think your issue is more of a mental one than a physical one. You should try taking a break from the game or at the very least take a break from grinding one skill. I'm still not very good at streaming but the way I improved was by playing a variety of maps.

On a more practical note, if your fingers rub together too much you could just rebind so your fingers will be one or more keys apart. I have heard of people who play index/thumb.
Topic Starter
ItsNerfOP
I know. But also its not jackhammering its just keeping my fingers on the keys but alternating.
Almost

ItsNerfOP wrote:

I know. But also its not jackhammering its just keeping my fingers on the keys but alternating.
There's a still 1 major downside to not lifting your fingers off the key and that is you might not have fully disengaged the key for the next click. Still do whatever you want but I'm just telling you, you will never succeed if you keep doing what you're doing. No one succeeds by doing the same thing that fails them time and time again. They succeed by fixing what isn't working and trying again.
Topic Starter
ItsNerfOP
I get where your coming from. but im pretty sure I do the exact same thing as varvalian. I lift my fingers on jumps and triples etc. but on streams I keep my fingers on the keys
Almost

ItsNerfOP wrote:

I get where your coming from. but im pretty sure I do the exact same thing as varvalian. I lift my fingers on jumps and triples etc. but on streams I keep my fingers on the keys
Just because it works for someone else does NOT mean it will work for everyone else. You've spent a couple months without any sign of improvement. If that's not a sign from the gods that it's not working for you then I don't know what is lol