forum

How much have you progressed in your first 5 months, rank wise and skill wise?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera
The title says it all
Onizuka-Sensei
I've only been playing osu for 1 month and I'm very much happy with my rank right now. Even tho i joined osu! late 2019, i didn't really cared much about the game and just played for fun. I've started playing it for about a week but i pretty much stop playing it because i don't really found much enjoyment in it and I was really busy with school at that time.

But then i started playing osu! again at April 3rd 2020 because i was very much bored of this quarantine stuff and that's when i actually took a liking for the game. I started climbing up ranks, fc'd TONS of 3 star maps, and pretty much getting better at the game. Then i hit a 1000 pp at May 9th 2020 which is 2 weeks ago and now we are here, now i have 1,177pp as of right now.

Now if we're talking about my skill, i'd said that my skill improved a lot over the month. I've been playing tons of 4 star maps and even fc'd a few of them, my jumping skill has improved a lot but my streaming skill is not that great tbh. So yeah that's about it pretty much, I'm proud of where i am now and what i have achieve at this point. I'm interested what progress I'm gonna make in my first 5 month into the game.

(sorry, didn't thought the post would be this long :p)
KupcaH
I was rank 12k in June of 2016 with 3.8k pp.

I haven't played anything else beside farm maps though. I even remember deleting all maps that were longer than two minutes. So I've skipped a lot of tech/finger control fundamentals and couldn't even do simple doubles when I had like 5k pp.

So yeah, good aim I guess and nothing else.
Lights
if u arent a 2 digit after 2 weeks of playing are you really even clicking circles?
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

Lights wrote:

if u arent a 2 digit after 2 weeks of playing are you really even clicking circles?
That's way faster than Cookiezi or FlyingTuna
rosewaters
(i play mania)

started playing 6 months ago, ngl i'm still pretty bad at the game, i can only pass 2.6* maps at the most
i've got a crappy laptop keyboard though, maybe that's the problem
my rank's 145k

i was thinking of playing taiko with a tatacon, i think i might be better at that than mania if i'm honest
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

skaipaws wrote:

(i play mania)

started playing 6 months ago, ngl i'm still pretty bad at the game, i can only pass 2.6* maps at the most
my rank's 145k

i was thinking of playing taiko with a tatacon, i think i might be better at that than mania if i'm honest
The keyboard in my laptop is better than my membrane in desktop, but the laptop is low end, so it has significant delay that affects my accuracy. But it's the only way i can press more than 2 keys at the same time. And that's why i don't play mania as much for now.
DeletedUser_5153421
next to nothing
YamichanKawaii
i got to low 4 star in 5 months and im noob at both aim and stream
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

YamichanKawaii wrote:

i got to low 4 star in 5 months and im noob at both aim and stream
Are you a singletapper?
-swishy-
(osu!standard btw)
Well in around 5-6 months i got 5 digit. I was playing 5 stars in 2 months. My friends says I had really fast improvement. During that time I found dt to be my main mod as well as having to switch to alternating along the way. It's been a journey, but idk how fast my improvement actually is.
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

-swishy- wrote:

(osu!standard btw)
Well in around 5-6 months i got 5 digit. I was playing 5 stars in 2 months. My friends says I had really fast improvement. During that time I found dt to be my main mod as well as having to switch to alternating along the way. It's been a journey, but idk how fast my improvement actually is.
I think that's pretty fast. Have you had experience in rhythm games or any other rhytmic activity before?
-swishy-

Molly Sandera wrote:

-swishy- wrote:

(osu!standard btw)
I think that's pretty fast. Have you had experience in rhythm games or any other rhytmic activity before?
Well I used to play geometry dash years ago, but other than that i haven't really tried rhythm games before this. I play instruments in real life id that means anything though.
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

-swishy- wrote:

Molly Sandera wrote:

-swishy- wrote:

(osu!standard btw)
Well I used to play geometry dash years ago, but other than that i haven't really tried rhythm games before this. I play instruments in real life id that means anything though.
Are the instruments you play are percussion instruments? (Like drums and such)
PalPal
Started playing at the end of march (Started Playing serious in april), first 5* pass 20/05/2020, achieved 1K PP 08/05/2020 and now i have 1368 PP.
I'm a dirty pp farmer XD
Pocketman
I started since a month, when i knew the existence of farm map, my pp just raised everyday. I have now 1146pp and my goal i actually to have 2000pp in the next month. lul
-swishy-

Molly Sandera wrote:

-swishy- wrote:

Molly Sandera wrote:

-swishy- wrote:

(osu!standard btw)
Are the instruments you play are percussion instruments? (Like drums and such)
Yeah i play drums a little but mainly piano and clarinet. I have produced a little bit of music too though. I think my sense of rhythm is pretty good altogether tbh.
Endaris
I had about 2200pp after 5 months which was about 35k rank back in July 2015. There were a few updates to the pp formula inbetween, I would estimate this to be around 2350pp nowadays.
Skill wise I had mostly an aim+acc skillset, I FCd this map with 99% 5 months after i started playing for real (= mid february 2015).
I was also not so bad at low AR and underrated maps, having FCd this map as well around 4 months in.
Koribant

skaipaws wrote:

(i play mania)

my rank's 145k

my friend play mania on laptop too and he have 15k. He can be in 5k easily just continuing play. So keyboard isn`t the reason. Just play more bro)
- Sky -
Been playing for about almost a year now
My current rank is around 700K and I have around 500pp
I can play some 4 stars but not all I mostly play 3 stars(with streams and some jumps oof)

In my 1st five months though I was barely able to pass 2.5 stars
[LS]PositoniX
not much since i quit after about 2 months and only came back after 2 years
z0z
i didn't play a lot in the first 5 months

by the end of 5 months, i got around a 3*(passing) level, a 32pp top play that was a farm map, a 28pp 2nd best play that wasn't a farm map, 360pp, and i was in the bottom half of 6 digit
Lights
in osu!std, i progressed rather slowly for my first 5 months. i played semi actively for a year or so and eventually quit before i ever got very good (i had like 1 5star FC to my name).

in osu!mania i did a lot of pp grinding in that time and i think i was like... ranked 30kish by 5 months. mostly as a result of getting good at mashing patterns, i didnt do very much actual improvement in that time. it took me a bit longer to actually start mastering fundamentals. around the time i hit 4digits close to a year or so in.
Cruwz
Started playing 10 months ago, struggling at first xD, after a week or two of playing 2-3 stars i found them rather boring and moved onto 4* maps, couldn't FC or get a decent acc but I played them.
After 1 month I bought tablet and got somewhat better, kept playing 4* for 5months sometimes trying out 5*, in march I've just randomly passed a 7* with 83% acc :D.
Lowkey my acc matters on my mood, i either do kinda well, normal-ish or just plain awful.
I often feel like I've hit a barrier and can't get any better, but couple of hours later after that I usually do some insane play and feel amazing.
I Can't stream/duo stacks/spaced singles. I don't even know, how I got to being 150k honestly.
Byonick
I can play 4 - 5 even 6* after some praticing, and farm to 250k rank in like 2 days after training some of my maps for 2 weeks or maybe longer
Momori
standed at 3k pp after playing for 5 months on osu with 14,000 play count. I got my first 200pp as soon as i entered the 3k pp gate which was Sweets Weekend.
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

Momori wrote:

standed at 3k pp after playing for 5 months on osu with 14,000 play time. I got my first 200pp as soon as i entered the 3k pp gate which was Sweets Weekend.
Do you mean 14000 playcount? what's your actual playtime at the time?
Hydreigon
I've been playing ctb for 2 months now, and for skill-wise, i improved quite a lot, i can read AR 9 comfortably, i can FC below 3.50 star diff maps, i experiment with different kinds of mods (mainly HD, DT, and, HR) to set scores on leaderboards, and umm i mastered playing with Hidden mod (which is said to be the hardest mod to master). Rank-wise though just reached 4 digits a few weeks ago thanks to the pp rebalance in ctb, i don't really pp farm much or play pp farm maps, i just casually play different kinds of maps mostly convert maps (though i bet my rank would be higher if i farm pp maps)...and yeah that's all that happened this 2 months of me playing.
[AlphaCentauri]
In my first five months I went up to around 80k rank and could start FCing low to mid 4* maps with good accuracy. Could also FC high end 4* maps but not as well or as accurately. My top play was 184pp I think at the time which was a 30 sec farm map with HDDT lol
-Chaeyoung
Was probably ~200k at 5 months of playing, started in September 2019. I got a few 100pp plays by 5 months. Not sure if I'm a terrible player but I see lots of people getting very good plays by then, LOL. I wasn't really special in any skill. Just an average player. I tried to play longer maps though, which is a plus I guess.
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

Lapse23 wrote:

Was probably ~200k at 5 months of playing, started in September 2019. I got a few 100pp plays by 5 months. Not sure if I'm a terrible player but I see lots of people getting very good plays by then, LOL. I wasn't really special in any skill. Just an average player. I tried to play longer maps though, which is a plus I guess.
At least you are better than me, i have played for 5 months and after my first month i got stuck at #500k-#444k. I should have been like at least #300k by now, but i guess i have been doing something wrong somewhere....
Juuuuuuuuul
i don't remember my rank in firts 5 months but i think i was playing 2* to 3* maps
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

i don't remember my rank in firts 5 months but i think i was playing 2* to 3* maps
Guess I'm not the only one to play the same difficulty for 5 months..... Is it really that hard to get out of it?
Fl0 S
~300k rank after 5 months.
Currently, I play high 3* and some low-mid 4*, but for now i'm in trouble with some pattern to be able to do 4* comfortably.
So, i'm working on it (fast doubble tap, succession of little slider, reading in general) and trying a bit to learn HD mod.
Simon12
Can not remember exactly how much I improved, but I do remember focusing more and more on my accuracy.

My OVERALL accuracy. Which meant that I retried a lot to get the acc I wanted on a map.

Probably 5-7 months later I stopped retryspamming so much and started focusing on sightreading.

I think I spent most of my time the first few months playing (and retrying) 3 star maps.
YamichanKawaii
Maybe u should play more 4 stars instead of playing 3 stars
Topic Starter
Molly Sandera

YamichanKawaii wrote:

Maybe u should play more 4 stars instead of playing 3 stars
but im not good at 3*, however these days im on a quest to get my first 4* fc before i get my first 5* pass
show more