forum

Status Update

posted
Total Posts
show more
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Status: My pc is now ridiculously configured and stupid, and I love it. Distractions aside, I should draw more.
Carmlillball

Puzzle wrote:

Throat feeling better?

Status: I finished my first stator at work today. They're not hard at all; I thought they would be. I'm pretty happy with it anyway even if it wasnt a challenge. Works going well.

Hi again! :)
Had a test for my throat and should get results Monday or Tuesday. Probably just some viral thing, but better safe than sorry, especially with Corona and tonsillitis both being things.

My throat itself still isn't feeling much better. Still pretty much the same going on. It seems to be in much worse pain, but also flare up quite less frequently.

Thank you for asking. :)

Great that work's going well, and well done on your first stator!
According to what Google says about stators, I assume you work with making things? That's pretty cool.

Westonini
i got summoned for jury duty lol

fuck
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Westonini wrote:

i got summoned for jury duty lol

fuck

oof that sounds annoying

I have not gotten a single good sleep in the past few days due to my workload. Pulling an all-nighter again today to finish my 4000 words essay about the formation of an obscure town in California. I swear after finishing all the essays that I have to write, I'm going to be on a full not-giving-a-fuck mode and play tons of games that I want to play but don't have the opportunity to. This is the only motivation for me to finish this piece of shit of an essay.
Tad Fibonacci
My bike got stolen

fuck
45Traeath
So apparently, today is "Woman's Day" or something...
Given how I wrote this phrase, I might sound rude.

But anyway, back to that topic, I used this as a pretext for myself to start reading "OshiLove".

(Might be "OshiRabu" to some other folks, but I prefer to write it like this.)
Sosteneshion
I have the four horsemen!

Headache, neck pain, stomach pain and back pain.
Zelzatter Zero
working on a visual novel and get distracted by FG
Nuuskamuikkunen
Wash your fruits and vegetables before eating them.

I now have a stomachache because of that.
Westonini
I've gotten 4 hours of sleep within the past 26 or so hours since I participated in another 24-hour game jam hosted by the video game dev club at my uni. Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I was able to use my own sprites and song in this one as well, which gives a very fulfilling and independent feeling. I also won out of the 4 entries overall which is pretty cool.

The officers of the club were hosting the event on Twitch. Timestamped if you wanna see my part.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/577962392?t=0h7m22s

Or if you wanna check out the game
https://westonini.itch.io/stomp

Ultimately there were a lot of things that had to be scrapped or lessened, but that's just how these game jams are. Due to the limited amount of time granted, they require you to only take the only most important aspects and develop them as quickly and efficiently as possible. Either way, this project was a seriously much needed confidence booster. Even if I didn't win the game jam, it still would have been fine since I ended up quite pleased with the results of my project.

...and boy am I glad it's over. These things can be stressful. Fun, but stressful.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Westonini wrote:

I've gotten 4 hours of sleep within the past 26 or so hours since I participated in another 24-hour game jam hosted by the video game dev club at my uni. Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I was able to use my own sprites and song in this one as well, which gives a very fulfilling and independent feeling. I also won out of the 4 entries overall which is pretty cool.

The officers of the club were hosting the event on Twitch. Timestamped if you wanna see my part.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/577962392?t=0h7m22s

Or if you wanna check out the game
https://westonini.itch.io/stomp

Ultimately there were a lot of things that had to be scrapped or lessened, but that's just how these game jams are. Due to the limited amount of time granted, they require you to only take the only most important aspects and develop them as quickly and efficiently as possible. Either way, this project was a seriously much needed confidence booster. Even if I didn't win the game jam, it still would have been fine since I ended up quite pleased with the results of my project.

...and boy am I glad it's over. These things can be stressful. Fun, but stressful.

This is like really cool. I have always wanted to do this tbh

------------------------

OT: I'm so worried about my college plan rn. Even though I have like quite a while to come up with a decision, I just can't help myself and think that I might choose the wrong one
Nuuskamuikkunen
I am worried by my work, I don't know if I am getting paid this fortnight, nor when I am going back to work normally.

Not to speak about studies, all this thing started when I was ending this semester fortunately, but I am not quite sure when are we going to start the next one.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wrote:

OT: I'm so worried about my college plan rn. Even though I have like quite a while to come up with a decision, I just can't help myself and think that I might choose the wrong one

Hmmm, that's usually a difficult decision, I ended up studying a carreer I didn't want and wasted one year and ended up enrolling in another carreer.
Westonini
It's normal. A lot of people change majors because they don't have much experience in their desired field, so they're not sure if they'll truly be interested in it or not. Don't stress it too much, just be confident and do a lot of research beforehand.
Ashton
I need someone to help me

There is this girl I want to get to know better (I think she’s cute) but don’t know how I can do that

Will dming her through discord be creepy?

Thanks..

And I’m in quarantine btw
Westonini
Well, its been 7 days since you posted that so you might have already done something and I'm not exactly the most socially adept person so there are probably better people than me to answer this, but i'll just say what's on my mind.

Given that we're in quarantine we don't really have a lot options rn (tho you already kno that). DM'ing her on discord should be fine. I mean it's possible to come off as creepy but that just depends on what you say and how she perceives it. Most likely it's not something to worry about. The hard part is actually figuring out what to say and for that I salute you and say good luck. Maybe small talk would be best to start out and get to know each other, like maybe something school related (i'm assuming you two go to the same school) and eventually after enough interactions you can have conversations that are on a more personal level. I think something that can definitely help a friendship/relationship grow is by finding and talking about things that both of you are interested in. Hobbies, shows, movies, or whatever. Those kinds of things.

Yea that's all I got. Again I also have trouble with these things so as much as I'd like to help you out more, I just don't have the skills or experience to do so.

--------

OT: So for whatever reason the 24-hour game jam project that I made last weekend is considered to be a "Fresh Game" according to Itch.io. Which I guess means that it was curated by.. someone? and added to that category. The description of the category says "Browse a constantly updating set of projects sourced from a curated collections by our members. Check back for new additions", so yea I'm not entirely sure how it works.

Anyways, since it's categorized under "Fresh Games" it has a chance of appearing on the front page of the site which is pretty cool. Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about this since it's not exactly a full fleshed out game or anything. It's more of a minigame since again it was made within 24 hours. I'm not just sure if it truly belongs under that category, and I'm just worried that the people who actually downloaded the game after seeing it there were expecting more than a quick minigame.

Itch.io has an analytics page where you can see the number of downloads, views, etc of your games. The game I made jumped up in popularity a few days ago, and when I took a look at where all the traffic was coming from I found out that it was coming directly from the front page. That's how I figured out that it was categorized under "Fresh Games".

It's a very unexpected, exciting, and worrying feeling. Below is a screenshot from the front page of the site where you can see the game I made (STOMP).

FUCK i'm procrastinating again.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ayy, u might as well. It'd make me happy anyway if the stuff I created make it into the front page.

--------------------------------------------------

OT: I was reminiscing for a bit about New Page game so I kinda read a portion of the forum. I really wish that something like that game would be recreated soon. Maybe it would make me feels more interested in the forum than I am rn
johnmedina999
Status: Just registered for next semester's classes without a hitch!
Westonini
i've had a painful cyst on my ass for a good few weeks now and it turns out i need surgery since it's reoccurring.

that's exactly what i like to hear
haha i rolypoly
I changed my pfp.
45Traeath

I'm so conflicted as to whether I should validate this or not.

Also, it's the first thing, first try I'm playing after several days (maybe "weeks"?) and I...
FmL.
Dialect
dunno
Penguin
I miss Trash Boat
Lights

Westonini wrote:

i've had a painful cyst on my ass for a good few weeks now and it turns out i need surgery since it's reoccurring.

that's exactly what i like to hear
sounds like a real pain in the ass

badum tiss
Restore
tempted to return to these forums once again
Penguin

Restore wrote:

tempted to return to these forums once again
I'm here on vacation. I'll probably go home soon though.
45Traeath
I decided on a whim to add translations for this.

A "gameplay" of a short free game.
Title of the video: "「Dear」, a sad story of a girl whose mouth's been sealed".

Current phase: writing the translations (9 minutes and a half out of 43 done).

To say more about something related to that game, which is the website Freem (ふりーむ), it's where free (Japanese) games are uploaded.
"LiEat"* and "Blank Dream" are also available in their original, "Japanese game", state on that website.
(*Of course, Miwashiba's other works are there too.)

There are some interesting games, from the "plays" I've seen on FOS's channel, if the language barrier isn't a problem to you.
(Although there are other, more notable "YouTubers" and "V-Tubers" who also are on that field. But that's nothing I care about.)
DeletedUser_6709840
Playing cookie clicker, making a lot of progress today
[LS]PositoniX
reached 5k pp on mania
JustABeginner
Trying to bring back dead forum games that will likely to be popular again before it is inactive although this is only like 10 days ago. This has a lot of posts people can look through our status. Maybe someone wants to update their status too.
rosewaters
working on mania mapping olympiad entry. frums is a good featured artist btw
My Angel Rushia
looking for references to map an insane+ diff
JustABeginner
I am dominating the forum games. Then get back with mapping.
DeletedUser_6709840
Had dinner, watching DS slave over forum formatting
payney
im finding it very interesting to see how things have changed since ive last been in fg
JustABeginner
I'm mostly everywhere in the first page of the forum games.
45Traeath

45Traeath wrote:

I decided on a whim to add translations for this.
Submitted the CC.
JustABeginner
I can't take all over the forum games again. I don't feel like it. But, the power inside me came out in a blazing dust of darkness, surrounded me with evil lurking behind me. It takes control of me. I can't... I just can't...
DeletedUser_6709840
Started the first steps of getting my garbage attempt of a novel into something readable for a visual novel. Turns out, I need to rewrite EVERYTHING in order to fit the medium, plan alternate routes for the player to choose, plan where art will change/code that needs to be written, and hope the artist that I have intrigued in the project will not run away when they see how disorganized my story-planning is.

... not to mention, I need to learn what sizes I need the assets to be for a game that's 1920 x 1080 resolution...
JustABeginner
Ah s#!t, here we go again.
DeletedUser_6709840
Making a new CTB catcher for myself... I can't stand playing with the defaults
show more