forum

Survey 43: Community Voice 2020

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
It has been a long time since we've run any sort of Community Voice poll or discussion, and we figured there's no better time to dig into a relatively-lengthy survey than during these troubling times where everybody is stuck at home with little to do.

If you're interested in letting us know your thoughts and opinions on a few key topics, please check out the following link and fill it out. We'll be carefully taking note of all the feedback we get here for a series of future polls and surveys that will help shape the course of the game going forward.

Click here to fill out the Community Voice 2020 survey!

Feel free to pass the link around to your friends who play, and get them to fill it out too. The more responses we get, the better things will go for everyone.
i hate osu
My least favorite game mechanic is notelock. I understand why and how it happens, but it would be much simpler if you were not locked to a single note to hit at a specific time. I know this may encourage spamming random circles, but it could also help alleviate some stress of failing due to missing 1 note.
Aireu
Yerp
fren
notelock more like ppblock
THE ENTENKIND
Aireu
Kingkevin30
It's great to see this coming back. Are any of the interesting metrics being shared after the survey concluded?
Mizunashi Akari
official osu mapping guide when
imaginative
jasontimes normal pepega
Vallindra
Ive been more into mapping lately and I realy dislike having to do so much stuff just to silence a slider end.
khairuddin6
tidak tau harus bicara apa ahahahahahahahahahui!!!!!?
Storm_AT
One thing I've always wanted to know, is who added me?!? I have DMs open everywhere, really approachable, not a top player of any kind, I always add back, so why are there so many unnamed friends? Am I scary? Who are these people?!?

i hate osu wrote:

My least favorite game mechanic is notelock. I understand why and how it happens, but it would be much simpler if you were not locked to a single note to hit at a specific time. I know this may encourage spamming random circles, but it could also help alleviate some stress of failing due to missing 1 note.

And yeah, notelock is there to prevent 6 digits from cheesing patterns, but it also ruins the experience for those who play properly, completely negating the point for it's existence. If it has to exist, it has to be more lenient.
Kendingro

Lol

ALSO notelocking sucks pls remove.
many plays i've had that would have been FCs if not for this decrepid feature.

beatmapsets/1785#osu/21010 is a very good example of notelocking in the very beginning. It's a pain in the rear trying to manage those hellish stacks in the beginning, and this isn't some unranked thing, this is an approved map.

Pls make notelock more lenient. To Storm_AT's point above me, it's there to stop cheesing but it gets to a point where I just get pissed that I can NEVER make streams in maps when I'm perfectly capable of it.
smartie_marty
hilfe, ich habe keine Ahnung wie das geht ich bin am verzweifeln
MrgDani
The game is like Gucci but for free
Candyfloss

Ephemeral wrote:

It has been a long time since we've run any sort of Community Voice poll or discussion, and we figured there's no better time to dig into a relatively-lengthy survey than during these troubling times where everybody is stuck at home with little to do.

If you're interested in letting us know your thoughts and opinions on a few key topics, please check out the following link and fill it out. We'll be carefully taking note of all the feedback we get here for a series of future polls and surveys that will help shape the course of the game going forward.

Click here to fill out the Community Voice 2020 survey!

Feel free to pass the link around to your friends who play, and get them to fill it out too. The more responses we get, the better things will go for everyone.

free osu!support
Pones2
for me the sad part of the rebalance in the pp is that in this next change will drop significantly the stars in the maps and "throw me back" like 1,5 years in the past when i was playing 5.90*~6.00* maps, i dont care about my pp but losing a visible number in the of the progress is disappointing
emiIio
You should've put a response option to what we don't like about the editor, but oh well :(
TokuNemui
No Notelocking 7®7
krvqx

Storm_AT wrote:

One thing I've always wanted to know, is who added me?!? I have DMs open everywhere, really approachable, not a top player of any kind, I always add back, so why are there so many unnamed friends? Am I scary? Who are these people?!?

i hate osu wrote:

And yeah, notelock is there to prevent 6 digits from cheesing patterns, but it also ruins the experience for those who play properly, completely negating the point for it's existence. If it has to exist, it has to be more lenient.

i feel that without notelock maybe this game was going to be boring because you know that there is no notelock anymore and you just think about your score was meaningless and it wasn't challenging, also everyone FCs and gets pp and the ranking system gets f*cked, it should be there for a reason and maybe without it the game was like not challenging anymore i guess ?
KatouMegumi
ban sotarks
Since I had left my profile link in there, I would like to additionally clarify that I don't care about being competitive in osu! for the reason mentioned above. I would like to play competitively on fair grounds, where one mapset/s does not exploit PP system, leaving players who refuse to play PP exploiting (farming) maps under an unfair disadvantage.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

-KevinChan- wrote:

It's great to see this coming back. Are any of the interesting metrics being shared after the survey concluded?

Yep, we'll be sharing a breakdown of the survey results once we conclude it in a week or two.
h3oCharles
and skinning gets neglected once again... geez, no wonder i have close to zero motivation
show more