forum

[STD 15k-50k 1v1] Villoux Tournament #6 (BWS is enforced)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
P a t r i c k

Welcome to Villoux's 6th Osu! Tournament.
Discord Server - https://discord.gg/PtTwdXF
Badge Weighting System is enforce, but we only count acquired badge -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y0P32sy7OS90CvLTD3P5lg58CHDDWVVOa851HnMLKNg/edit#gid=0

You must join Villoux's Discord Server in order to participate in the tournament!

It is imperative that you read all of the information below before entering the tournament so you are familiar with the tournament regulations.

This is a 1v1 tournament for players within the 15k - 50k rank range. You may still register for the tournament if your rank exceeds, but is within 2,000 ranks of the minimum / maximum. If you exceed the rank limit after you have already registered for the tournament, you will not be penalized. This tournament will take place over the span of a few weeks, with each surviving player playing one match per week.

We plan to accept 128 participants, the first 128 who registered and pass screening checks will be permitted to play and the remaining registrants will serve as substitutes. If less than 128 players register and pass screening checks, the necessary amount of byes will be awarded in the first round of the tournament.

The scoring system used will be ScoreV2.

The match structure for the Villoux's Osu! tournaments is as follows: All matches prior to the Round of 64 will be the best of five. Rounds of 64 and 32 will be the best of 7. Round of 16 and the quarterfinals will be the best of 9. Semifinals and finals will be the best of 11.

Every match before the quarterfinals will be self-referred. After which, a referee will be present for each match, including the quarterfinals.

Match Rules and Procedures:

Pre-quarterfinals, a private lobby will be created by one player and their opponent will be invited during the scheduled time.

Post-quarterfinals, a referee will create a match during the scheduled time and invite both participants

The match name must be in the format: OVT: (Player 1) vs (Player 2)

The match will use head to head and scorev2

Each player will roll. The lower roll will ban a map first, the higher roll will ban a map second. The higher roll will pick a map first.

Each player may only ban one map.

A difficulty enhancing mod must be picked for maps in the freemod pool. You may pick multiple.

There is a 15 minute time period in which a match must take place. If a player fails to show up to its match within this timeframe without providing a reason ahead of time, they will be disqualified

Should a player lose connection before 20 seconds of a map has been played, they may reconnect within 10 minutes and replay the map. If connection is lost after the 20-second mark, should the disparity between scores be greater than 10% of the lower score, if the player with the higher score is not the player that lost connection, they will win the match. If the disparity in scores is less than 10% of the lower score or the player that lost connection was winning, the match must be replayed. If they fail to reconnect within 10 minutes they will lose the map. They then have 5 more minutes to connect or they will lose the round as a whole.

Once the match has concluded, make sure to send me (Patrick The Rockstar#7505) the match details link which is sent upon joining the match and the scores! If you fail to do this, the match will be considered unplayed and will be ruled accordingly.

For more information about tournament regulations, refer to Villoux's Osu! Ordinance here - https://www.villoux.com/uploads/5/9/5/3/59536099/osu_ordinance.pdf

If you need any assistance, you may contact me on Villoux's Discord Server (Patrick The Rockstar#7505) or any member of the Osu! Department staff (they have bright pink roles on Discord).

Schedules:

Registration will end on 11:59 PM CST on April 24, 2020. Please allow for at least one week for screening

Matches will begin on Friday, May 01 with the Round of 128, which will conclude on Sunday, May 03. Round of 64 will occur from Friday, May 08 - Sunday, May 10; Round of 32 will occur from Friday, May 15 - Sunday, May 17; Round of 16 occur from Friday, May 22 - Sunday, May 24; quarterfinals occur from Friday, May 29 - Sunday, May 31; semifinals occur from Friday, June 05 - Sunday, June 07; and finals occur from Friday, June 12 - Sunday, June 14.

Matches will be scheduled by tournament staff during a time based on the timezones of the participants; however, participants may reschedule their match in #osu_scheduling on Villoux's Discord Server. Please notify tournament staff if you and your opponent agree on a revised time. If your opponent fails to respond to attempt to reschedule a match within an appropriate period of time or fails to attend the scheduled match, you automatically win the match.

Villoux's Osu! Department Staff:

Host: P a t r i c k (Patrick The Rockstar#7505)
Mappoolers: Lefafel (Lefafel#4084) | Phox (phox#2332) | TheAleboy (Halevoi#6136) | Meow mix (Meow Mix#4235) | Kaeldori (Kaeldori (she)#3598)
Tournament Directors: tigereyes144 (tigereyes144#5062)

#Currently looking for referees, streamers, and commentators. Send me a direct message on Discord if you would like apply.

In order to register, post a comment with your Osu! username, rank, time zone and Discord name and tag. Please ensure you join Villoux's Discord Server afterwards.

Example:
Name: P a t r i c k
Time zone : CST
Discord: Patrick the Rockstar#7505

Again, make sure to join the Discord server as more info and announcements regarding the tournament will be posted there.

Please ensure you verify your account on Villoux's Discord Server with your Osu! username by typing "-verify <"username"> <country code>" in #verification_console without the <>s.

Example: -verify "P a t r i c k" PL (parenthesis around the username ONLY)

Prize:
Profile badge (TBD)
Okupsa
Name: Okupsa
Time zone : UTC+2
Discord: Apsuko#2759

Let me in I'll derank
Haroko
Name: Haroko
Time zone : UTC+5
Discord: Haroko#2682
Jethh