forum

[resolved] Osu not working CLOSED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clpzy_old
Problem details: So i have been playing osu for like 2 days and i have a problem. When i open osu it starts downloading. Video is uploading on channel YNG Sags

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVMyyWW5wHcDTe6ErdDYPg if video is out

osu! version: Stable 20200320 (latest)
Death
In your video I noticed the game opened fine (i.e. without the installer opening) when you had it in its default install location (C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!). Then you moved it to somewhere on your desktop and it stopped working again.

Can you move it back to the location it was in before, then run the game again and check to see if the installer is still opening? If it works without the installer opening, you'll probably just need to create a shortcut to the game and put that on your desktop instead. I can explain how to do that, but I'd like to see if moving it back to where it was works at all.
Topic Starter
Clpzy_old

Death wrote:

In your video I noticed the game opened fine (i.e. without the installer opening) when you had it in its default install location (C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!). Then you moved it to somewhere on your desktop and it stopped working again.

Can you move it back to the location it was in before, then run the game again and check to see if the installer is still opening? If it works without the installer opening, you'll probably just need to create a shortcut to the game and put that on your desktop instead. I can explain how to do that, but I'd like to see if moving it back to where it was works at all.

No it dosent all what happens is a localisation folder comes on my desktop and when i close osu! all the files disappear

edit: something is weird it shows that osu isnt installed on my computer but repair osu! and all osu files are.

Edit: Turns out it works i tried your tip again and i made an shortcut of osu! and it opens. Thanks im over the moon that i can play my favorate game again thank you so much.
Death
In your video, directly after you ran the installer the game opened and you opened your osu! folder from the options menu. You then closed the game and opened it again from the executable that was inside the folder you opened. It didn't open the installer that time.

You then moved the game to some other location and it broke again. I'm not sure exactly what you did, but I think that is the issue. Run the installer again, open your osu! folder from osu!'s settings, close the game, and then run it via the application that is inside the folder you opened and check to see if the installer opens again.