forum

Any of you guys reading Komi-San?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RyuuNoYume
I've personally been enjoying it quite a bit. I've only gotten through the first four volumes, but I feel like it's pretty good. The characters all feel unique, with their own quirks, without it being too overbearing. The pacing's not too bad, (haven't read much manga before, so I can't 100% comment on that), and there's a great blend of comedy and serious moments. My current icon is actually Tadano from the manga.

If you're looking for a wholesome story to read, I'd suggest you pick this one up, at least the first volume. Interested in seeing what you all think about it.
-[Shady]-
No but I've meaning to for a while now
Topic Starter
RyuuNoYume

-[Shady]- wrote:

No but I've meaning to for a while now

You should! Pretty sure the physical volumes are £10 at most, and there's plenty of places where you can read it for free. Not gonna mention any because I don't want the osu police to take my head off, lmao. If you do decide to read it, keep me posted on what you think, yeah? I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.
KimikaTachibana
Read like 33 chapters but stopped there since I couldn't really get into it. Not sure why but it's not my thing.
ConquestBread
I kept up with the manga for a while, but I dropped it somewhere around 130 chapters in. I just got so tired of random characters being introduced and given 2-3 chapters to "become friends" with Komi-San and then being immediately thrown to the wayside. It really felt like the author was trying to fill out Komi's goal of getting 100 friends. I really wish the author would just try to flesh out the cast of secondary characters he already has. Some of my favorite chapters were based around them all going somewhere as a group. I want more stuff like the pool visit. Since I'm over a hundred chapters behind, please correct me if I'm missing something and it does fix this issue.

I do love the art, though.
Yakk0

RyuuNoYume wrote:

I've personally been enjoying it quite a bit. I've only gotten through the first four volumes, but I feel like it's pretty good. The characters all feel unique, with their own quirks, without it being too overbearing. The pacing's not too bad, (haven't read much manga before, so I can't 100% comment on that), and there's a great blend of comedy and serious moments. My current icon is actually Tadano from the manga.

If you're looking for a wholesome story to read, I'd suggest you pick this one up, at least the first volume. Interested in seeing what you all think about it.

hey bro, i'm reading the chapter 64 from komi-san, is very good
SushiTrap
i currently holding komi-san at 179, its a good manga, but i only read that when im really bored
-[Shady]-

doctoruwot wrote:

Read like 33 chapters but stopped there since I couldn't really get into it. Not sure why but it's not my thing.

I just started it last night and I'm kinda getting the same feeling, gonna give it a bit longer though for sure since everyone says it's good lol
sooshirohl
all caught up, and while i like it, it definitely has it's flaws.

if anyone's looking for a similar premise done better (at least in my opinion), then id highly recommend senryuu shoujo. underrated as shit and honestly i think it executes the premise of komi-san a lot better, keeping the main cast small instead of introducing a giant amount of characters.
RVMathew

sooshirohl wrote:

all caught up, and while i like it, it definitely has it's flaws.

if anyone's looking for a similar premise done better (at least in my opinion), then id highly recommend senryuu shoujo. underrated as shit and honestly i think it executes the premise of komi-san a lot better, keeping the main cast small instead of introducing a giant amount of characters.

Senryuu shoujo: good taste.

Shame it is ending in a few chapters though.
-[Shady]-

RVMathew wrote:

Senryuu shoujo: good taste.

Shame it is ending in a few chapters though.

Actually in the middle of that rn, another one I've been meaning to get around to for ages and finally did
Eifuyu
Wholesome Manga.
Rizevim

Eifuyu wrote:

Wholesome Manga.
i agree!
Reina-nee
I'm currently updated with the latest chapters and I have been reading the manga since last year. A wholesome manga indeed!