forum

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan [STD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Max Period
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan skin

It's almost 15 years since the release of the original Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan game for the Nintendo DS! The origin of osu!'s standard game mode!

This skin will do its best to look and sound as closely to the first Ouendan game where possible, using the graphics and sounds directly taken from the Ouendan 1 game (where available).

The menu elements are based off the design of multiplayer interface elements found in the DS game data.

The skin's cursor is custom designed by myself to improve visibility while using this skin with 0% background dim.

Hitbursts too big blocking the playfield? Alternative, modern style hitbursts (Invisible 300s, transparent 100/50s/k/g) are included in the skin folder.
To use modern-style hitbursts, copy all files from the "[Hitbursts] Modern" subfolder into the main skin folder.

Elements from Ouendan 2 game used
normal-hitclap
soft-hitnormal
drum-hitnormal
drum-hitclap
drum-hitwhistle
star

Videos

Gameplay elements demonstration

Gameplay videos:

Screenshots

Song Select

Countdown
Ryuta Ippongi (Kakan) [Default]

Additional cheerleaders included in skin folder
Hajime Tanaka (Kigaru)

Kai Domeki (Gekiretsu)

Cheer Girls (Karei)

Gameplay:

Ouendan 1 hitbursts [Default]

Modern style hitbursts (Invisible 300's) - included in skin folder

Spinner

Pause / Fail Screens
Pause

Fail (Varies with each cheerleader, Ryuta depicted in screenshot)

Results Screen

Changelog

v1:
  1. Initial release with finished gameplay, pause, and results screens

To-do

1. Modifier icons

Recommended settings to to get the closest Ouendan experience:

1. Aspect Ratio: 4:3
  2. Background Dim: 0%
  3. Ignore all beatmap skins
    1. This will use the four Ouendan combo colors instead of the beatmap's custom combo colors

Download Links

v1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ujbphxh7cxknwqy/Osu%2521_Tatakae%2521_Ouendan%2521_v1.osk/file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RnoOYnLVipdv-P7FjE6I23_4iRfvMu5N/view?usp=sharing
Galvit
👍🏿, tho using premade sprites is kinda mixing but im not the one to judge you for that
hueleaobo
The original osu ohhhh nice work ;3
WinDoge
Cool!
OsuWCF20
Max Period, I haven't said long time yet, but I want to apologize taking your skin models without any permission, but also thanks that I got naturally encouraged making Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2 osu!Skin.

My Skin Forum Topic
community/forums/topics/1364324?n=1

Well, also some people made Ouendan Skins which I refer to my Skin Progress, but specially you had the most faithfully reproduced performances of Osu Tatakae Ouendan, so I copied your skin elements and replace to Ouendan 2 textures smoothly. Really sorry of my selfisly how I couldn't think feel hard you made the Ouendan 1 Skin.

It may be late to tell, but I was intended to write credits for you also since I made my first version skin half years ago, more thanks to made me whole stuff creation of Osu Tatakae Ouendan Series. I never forget your hard efforts I swear.