forum

Unoffical Updated OSX osu! Wineskin Package

posted
Total Posts
show more
DegenerateBeing
Hi, I'm on a 2017 Macbook Air 8 Gb ram. Recently I've had a crap ton of lag spikes out of nowhere mid-song. This happens about even 40-60 seconds, and its only started ever since I've upgraded to Mac Mojave and has gotten progressively worse. Is there any fix to make this stable more compatible with mojave to reduce the lag spikes?
thaiboy digital
any updates on osu! for catalina?
SaintePayette

RichardMupp wrote:

so for the discord rich presence i didn't seem to have the discord rpc dll file in there yet and when i put in a new one and launch osu it just deletes the file. Any solution?

Same problem
Topic Starter
Technocoder
This is an experimental build for osu! on macOS Catalina.
Download link: https://mega.nz/#!1wUhSK5b!UOh3p73XnupbZktFgsljieoIdf_L1PkxDFwjBvflNGM
After extraction follow the steps under osu! or Wineskin will not open! from my guide. Ignore any "Operation not permitted" errors.

If you are on a version of macOS older than 10.15.4 System Integrity Protection must also be disabled. You can check if it is enabled:
Steps
  1. Open Terminal
  2. Type csrutil status and press enter
  3. Check if it says it is enabled
If it is enabled, you can follow these steps from official Apple documentation to disable it: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016462-CH5-SW1

One person has confirmed that the Wineskin does work on Catalina with no apparent issues as long System Integrity Protection is disabled.

Technical Build Information:
This build augments Peppy's (@peppy) July 2019 build with the newer Crossover 19.0.1 build designed to run on macOS Catalina from the Unofficial Wineskin releases: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases/tag/V1.8.4
The (extracted) application size has increased to 2.56 gigabytes which suggests that it may be more space efficient to rebuild the Wineskin from scratch.
osulover_old_1
after installing osu by the way you mentioned I am getting an error
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Błąd wewnętrzny
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at #=zfx4YmktRjFRJMjRCIw==.#=z21atl_k=(Boolean #=zz37TCDhPZt7T, Exception #=zd$QcV_I=)
at #=zECDBzTWwbaPTpTsrQb0uALU=.#=zzgK5Nt5FWiHc(Object #=zyyMutHw=, EventArgs #=zd$QcV_I=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Do you know what shall I do? I know it is still alpha, but you know...
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"osulover"

osulover wrote:

after installing osu by the way you mentioned I am getting an error
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Błąd wewnętrzny
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at #=zfx4YmktRjFRJMjRCIw==.#=z21atl_k=(Boolean #=zz37TCDhPZt7T, Exception #=zd$QcV_I=)
at #=zECDBzTWwbaPTpTsrQb0uALU=.#=zzgK5Nt5FWiHc(Object #=zyyMutHw=, EventArgs #=zd$QcV_I=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Do you know what shall I do? I know it is still alpha, but you know...

Can you clarify where you are getting this error? Does this happen when you launch the game or when you play a beatmap or something else?

(It would also be helpful to know if you have System Integrity Protection enabled. Type csrutil status in Terminal and press enter to check.)
vistafan12
I also tried Catalina build and my osu! crashed automatically when I started it up.

Error:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Niepowodzenie DDE
Paydru
I was ready to update to catalina but theres still people with errors :( guess ill wait until it is resolved
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Going by this comment on the Unofficial Wineskin page (and my tester):
these have not been signed or notarized so to make use of these you need to disable SIP in order for wine32on64 to set the kernal flag to allow 32Bit code execution.

it looks like for the Catalina build to work correctly System Integrity Protection needs to be disabled.
I'm not sure whether this is something that can be fixed in the future (it seems that there is a method to sign the engine). I'll link an article on disabling SIP in the original Catalina post.
vistafan12

Technocoder wrote:

Going by this comment on the Unofficial Wineskin page (and my tester):
these have not been signed or notarized so to make use of these you need to disable SIP in order for wine32on64 to set the kernal flag to allow 32Bit code execution.

it looks like for the Catalina build to work correctly System Integrity Protection needs to be disabled.
I'm not sure whether this is something that can be fixed in the future (it seems that there is a method to sign the engine). I'll link an article on disabling SIP in the original Catalina post.

osu! looks and works just fine now without any problems. thanks!

---
after restart I got another crash with this type of error:

System.BadImageFormatException: Zły format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at #=zZQxv518qVKROUiQPwbWgTZ0=.#=z3yZu7DN4B2BRBgmayg==(Int32 #=zPUugZWQ=, #=zRZWZnGM3MIXD7ReruX9T_H6a_0hIEKA6xUsLpGIgFN8k& #=zi_qKPgk=)
at #=zZQxv518qVKROUiQPwbWgTZ0=.#=zhUMWxy48qeAhNKlcsQ==(Int32 #=zPUugZWQ=, #=za1OJjy3FLdUZnYkbSEi409aObgByGORR5olBu_A= #=zi_qKPgk=)
at #=zZQxv518qVKROUiQPwbWgTZ0=.#=z1UVvLa3xfwH0bXf_XQ==()
at #=zA3hSbco8uK0sKiIQ4Q==.#=z$NzUus8FUH3H(String #=z_qtqZfQM0CQK, Boolean #=zCxwmJWU=)
at #=zawrZjcDFGFN3WxT5WQ==.#=zDHXf2aC0PWn8()
at #=zawrZjcDFGFN3WxT5WQ==..ctor(String #=zNPNE6w0=)
at #=zsxC23dam3M26SVlPAA==.#=zBFA$LxQqV3VR(String #=zKT0vJ19XlKiR, Boolean #=zFal$SqUTp_kaIDi5zqOJw_8=, Boolean #=zn74D38aoz386Xfo46A==)

---

Nevermind, got it to work after clicking "restart osu!" on crash screen.
- Ephemeral -
I'm having an issue opening the application, even after disabling the System Integrity Protection on my laptop. It keeps bringing up this issue about the .NET framework.

"This application could not be started. You must enable the .NET Framework from the Windows Features dialog box (from Control Panel, choose Programs, Turn Windows features on or off). Do you want to view information about this issue?"
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"- Ephemeral -"

- Ephemeral - wrote:

I'm having an issue opening the application, even after disabling the System Integrity Protection on my laptop. It keeps bringing up this issue about the .NET framework.

"This application could not be started. You must enable the .NET Framework from the Windows Features dialog box (from Control Panel, choose Programs, Turn Windows features on or off). Do you want to view information about this issue?"

That's certainly a strange error to be getting. I know this sounds rather dumb but it might be worth downloading the file again just in case it was a one off error. If that doesn't work check if there are any files in Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu! > Songs > Logs. If there are, paste the contents of those files here (preferably in a pastebin).

It seems that there's an option to view information about the issue as well. Paste that information here as well if you can. Otherwise, you can try installing the .NET Framework manually (although I don't know if that will help):
Steps
  1. Open Wineskin from Show Package Contents
  2. Click on Advanced > Tools > Winetricks
  3. Click on dlls and check the box next to dotnet40 (theoretically, there should be a mark in the Installed column as well)
  4. Click on Run
- Ephemeral -
I redownloaded the osu! Catalina build, but this time, it told me that '"osu!" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash." So I deleted this new version and tried to reopen the first version that I downloaded.

Using this first version, I tried manually installing the .NET Framework using your steps, but it gave me another error. The following pastebin link has the error messages and information you requested in your reply.

https://pastebin.com/GMbyJETa
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"- Ephemeral -"

- Ephemeral - wrote:

I redownloaded the osu! Catalina build, but this time, it told me that '"osu!" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash." So I deleted this new version and tried to reopen the first version that I downloaded.

Using this first version, I tried manually installing the .NET Framework using your steps, but it gave me another error. The following pastebin link has the error messages and information you requested in your reply.

You have ran this command right? sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app'
This needs to run on the osu! application each time it is downloaded. If you get the message xattr: No such file it means you have not set the working directory in Terminal correctly (the steps in my guide go into more detail). This is most likely the reason why you get "osu! is damaged and can't be opened". I suggest you try downloading it again.

I found this interesting error in the logs: wine: Bad CPU type in executable which seems to suggest that you're not using the Catalina build for some reason? It might just be an issue with winetricks.

There is a failure when osu! tries to update: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL. You can try updating osu! manually (there is a set of steps in my guide for this). There's also the error: No available GL context found.. Have you managed to get osu! on Wineskin working before? It might be that your graphics card is too old (I don't know what model of computer you have) but that seems unlikely.
elliotttate
Works perfectly for me! (sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app' isn't necessary if you enable "install from anywhere" in Catalina)
- Ephemeral -
Okay, got it on my laptop. Is there a way to transfer skins? I tried to move my skins and songs to the new osu! folder, but the crossover application said there "is no windows application configured to open this file" when I tried to open the game with the new skin.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"- Ephemeral -"

- Ephemeral - wrote:

Okay, got it on my laptop. Is there a way to transfer skins? I tried to move my skins and songs to the new osu! folder, but the crossover application said there "is no windows application configured to open this file" when I tried to open the game with the new skin.

Drag your skins into the skins folder (Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu! > Skins). Alternatively, perform the sections How to do a data backup on the old Wineskin and How to restore a data backup on the new Wineskin from my guide.
BlasterLizard
The app doesn't open.
AstroThePony
OK GUYS I NEED HELP SO MUCH.
My osu runs fine on my macbook pro screen but on my secondary monitor i got 14 ms.How can i fix that?
PinkBunny19

Technocoder wrote:

This is an experimental build for osu! on macOS Catalina.
Download link: https://mega.nz/#!1wUhSK5b!UOh3p73XnupbZktFgsljieoIdf_L1PkxDFwjBvflNGM
After extraction, you must run the following command on the application:
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app'
(or otherwise apply the steps from the section: osu! or Wineskin will not open! from my guide. Ignore any "Operation not permitted" or "No such file" errors.)

For the moment, System Integrity Protection must also be disabled. You can check if it is enabled:
Steps

1. Open Terminal
  2. Type csrutil status and press enter
  3. Check if it says it is enabled

If it is enabled, you can follow these steps from official Apple documentation to disable it: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016462-CH5-SW1

One person has confirmed that the Wineskin does work on Catalina with no apparent issues as long System Integrity Protection is disabled.

Technical Build Information:
This build augments Peppy's (@peppy) July 2019 build with the newer Crossover 19.0.1 build designed to run on macOS Catalina from the Unofficial Wineskin releases: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases/tag/V1.8.4
The (extracted) application size has increased to 2.56 gigabytes which suggests that it may be more space efficient to rebuild the Wineskin from scratch.

I don´t understand the part "you must run the following command", I download the app but I don´t know how to follow the steps :c
Topic Starter
Technocoder

BlasterLizard wrote:

The app doesn't open.

Provide more information.

AstroThePony wrote:

OK GUYS I NEED HELP SO MUCH.
My osu runs fine on my macbook pro screen but on my secondary monitor i got 14 ms.How can i fix that?

14 ms is about as high as you can get with a 60 or 70 refresh rate monitor. Have you disabled VSync or chosen a higher frame rate in the graphics options?

PinkBunny19 wrote:

I don´t understand the part "you must run the following command", I download the app but I don´t know how to follow the steps :c

What part of the steps in my guide are you having trouble with?
Jyxle
I downloaded the zip file, but it says it's damaged and cannot be opened. When you say copy and paste the command, do you mean in Terminal? I have no idea what you mean when you said to paste it onto the osu! application. When I typed the command into Terminal, it just asked for a 'Password: " with a key symbol. How do I fix this?

Update: I disabled system integrity and I've run the command, it said no such file. (where can I find your osu! or Wineskin will not open! guide?) osu! still says its damaged, can't be opened, and that I should move it to the bin.

I don't see how the Wineskin thing plays into the installment. I have the unofficial one you provided downloaded.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"Jyxle"

Jyxle wrote:

I downloaded the zip file, but it says it's damaged and cannot be opened. When you say copy and paste the command, do you mean in Terminal? I have no idea what you mean when you said to paste it onto the osu! application. When I typed the command into Terminal, it just asked for a 'Password: " with a key symbol. How do I fix this?

Update: I disabled system integrity and I've run the command, it said no such file. (where can I find your osu! or Wineskin will not open! guide?) osu! still says its damaged, can't be opened, and that I should move it to the bin.

I don't see how the Wineskin thing plays into the installment. I have the unofficial one you provided downloaded.

I've included the guide in my signature. You can also find the guide in the first post of this thread. The password won't show up when you type it in but it will still be registered. Press enter after you've typed it in. The command will also fix the damaged error.

The working directory of your Terminal is likely not in the same place as your osu! file. There are more detailed steps on this in my guide.
Paydru
is anyone else experiencing slight cursor delay? or is it just me
Jyxle
It's working now. I got some errors after running the command in Terminal, but it seems like osu! is still working fine with them. Here's what popped up if you want to look into it

Thanks!

xattr: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: 'osu!.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/z:'
xattr: No such file: osu!.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/d:
xattr: No such file: osu!.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/d::
xattr: No such file: osu!.app/Contents/Frameworks/libidn.11.dylib
thaiboy digital
i had "install from anywhere" enabled and i still had to do the sudo thingy, and every time i start up osu, it shows a "osu! crashed" message, then "updating", then starts up the game. other then that, its working fine
FCKINGFELIX
Hey! When I download the extraction thingy, it just installs Osu onto my computer. When I click on Osu it gives me an error saying "osu! is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Did I do anything wrong?

Edit: I entered the command into a blank terminal, it asked for a password and then said "felixmayhew is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."

I'm fairly lost and could use some help, I don't have any clue what I'm doing.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
felixohno

felixohno wrote:

Hey! When I download the extraction thingy, it just installs Osu onto my computer. When I click on Osu it gives me an error saying "osu! is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Did I do anything wrong?

Follow this section: osu! or Wineskin will not open! in my guide.

felixohno wrote:

Edit: I entered the command into a blank terminal, it asked for a password and then said "felixmayhew is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."

I've never come across that before. Are there multiple users on your machine? You may need to run the command as the main user.
DeclanIdiot

Technocoder wrote:

"- Ephemeral -"

- Ephemeral - wrote:

You have ran this command right? sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app'
This needs to run on the osu! application each time it is downloaded. If you get the message xattr: No such file it means you have not set the working directory in Terminal correctly (the steps in my guide go into more detail). This is most likely the reason why you get "osu! is damaged and can't be opened". I suggest you try downloading it again.

I found this interesting error in the logs: wine: Bad CPU type in executable which seems to suggest that you're not using the Catalina build for some reason? It might just be an issue with winetricks.

There is a failure when osu! tries to update: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL. You can try updating osu! manually (there is a set of steps in my guide for this). There's also the error: No available GL context found.. Have you managed to get osu! on Wineskin working before? It might be that your graphics card is too old (I don't know what model of computer you have) but that seems unlikely.

So, hi I tried putting in the command into terminal- and you're right, it said that there is no such file, and I checked your guide and I didn't see how to fix it. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"ErzaDrago"

ErzaDrago wrote:

So, hi I tried putting in the command into terminal- and you're right, it said that there is no such file, and I checked your guide and I didn't see how to fix it. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?

It is under the section osu! or Wineskin will not open!.
Specifically, you need to move the osu! application to the desktop and then type cd Desktop in Terminal first before running the command.
_fluffyy
Hey, I'm having a bit of an issue with my cursor. Sometimes it can't keep up with where my mouse actually is. When I'm in full screen, it only happens in the editor. When I'm not, however, it happens everywhere. Is there a fix? (I'm on cutting edge BTW)
EDIT: fixed by itself somehow
DeclanIdiot

Technocoder wrote:

"ErzaDrago"

ErzaDrago wrote:

It is under the section osu! or Wineskin will not open!.
Specifically, you need to move the osu! application to the desktop and then type cd Desktop in Terminal first before running the command.

so, i did move it to applications, it says there is no such file :(
Topic Starter
Technocoder

ErzaDrago wrote:

so, i did move it to applications, it says there is no such file :(

To the desktop.
_fluffyy

Paydru wrote:

is anyone else experiencing slight cursor delay? or is it just me

yea I have been too. For some reason it's everywhere when I'm not in full screen, but only in edit mode when I am. Is it the same for you?
Botanist2008
uhh

whenever anybody who knows what is going on with this,
I have the experimental Catalina version Technocoder posted and I did the sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app' and all that stuff, it worked, but osu crashes while it is opening
(I disabled SIP as well)

this is the error I got:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Internal error
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnKeyUp(KeyEventArgs kevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"Botanist2008"

Botanist2008 wrote:

uhh

whenever anybody who knows what is going on with this,
I have the experimental Catalina version Technocoder posted and I did the sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app' and all that stuff, it worked, but osu crashes while it is opening
(I disabled SIP as well)

this is the error I got:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Internal error
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnKeyUp(KeyEventArgs kevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)

Going by the pattern of error messages I would really recommend that you check the System Integrity Protection is still disabled by typing csrutil status in Terminal. Otherwise, if it is disabled, the only other option at this stage is to try opening osu! repeatedly (and pressing restart when it crashes) until it works.
jjini
First of all, a big thank you to Technocoder for putting in the time and energy for making osu! work on macOS and trying to solve player's issues! Seriously, thank you!

My experience using the posted Wineskin on macOS Mojave has been pretty good. There are always some hiccups shortly after starting osu! but I can obviously deal with that. But regularly (about once in 1 to 2 hours) I have serious lag, sometimes to the point that I can't get more than 5 to 15 FPS. Restarting doesn't help. I just have to wait a few minutes and then it gets better.
It seems, the process "tccd" is eating up a LOT of CPU during that time. I have read in forums that this issue has been solved with newer unofficial wineskin releases on portingteam's website. Clicking on the Wineskin app and going to advanced reveals I have "Wrapper Version: Wineskin 2.6.2" and "Engine: WS9Wine2.22". Updating the wrapper under Tools does not work.
I am very much a novice when it comes to his stuff, so forgive me, if I am being stupid:
Can I just download the latest version from portingteam's website and replace the "Wineskin" file, that is visible when "showing package contents" of the osu! application? Do you think that could actually help or should I try something else?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"jjini"

jjini wrote:

First of all, a big thank you to Technocoder for putting in the time and energy for making osu! work on macOS and trying to solve player's issues! Seriously, thank you!

My experience using the posted Wineskin on macOS Mojave has been pretty good. There are always some hiccups shortly after starting osu! but I can obviously deal with that. But regularly (about once in 1 to 2 hours) I have serious lag, sometimes to the point that I can't get more than 5 to 15 FPS. Restarting doesn't help. I just have to wait a few minutes and then it gets better.
It seems, the process "tccd" is eating up a LOT of CPU during that time. I have read in forums that this issue has been solved with newer unofficial wineskin releases on portingteam's website. Clicking on the Wineskin app and going to advanced reveals I have "Wrapper Version: Wineskin 2.6.2" and "Engine: WS9Wine2.22". Updating the wrapper under Tools does not work.
I am very much a novice when it comes to his stuff, so forgive me, if I am being stupid:
Can I just download the latest version from portingteam's website and replace the "Wineskin" file, that is visible when "showing package contents" of the osu! application? Do you think that could actually help or should I try something else?

I don't know if replacing the Wineskin application will actually work without any issues. I'm inclined to believe that it will work but if you want to do this I suggest you save the original Wineskin file somewhere so that if it doesn't you can easily replace it.

Alternatively, both peppy's July 2019 build and my Catalina build (based on peppy's) and I believe slc's December 2018 build uses Unofficial Wineskin with the newer engines that fix the tccd issue so you could try using those instead (and dragging over your data to the newer Wineskin wrapper). Just keep in mind that for peppy's Wineskin and my Catalina build you must follow the steps: osu! or Wineskin will not open! in my guide.
Botanist2008
technocoder, its complaining about a .NET framework
"This application could not be started. You must enable the .NET framework from the Windows Features dialog box (from Control Panel, choose Programs, turn Windows features on or off).

uhhh help lol
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"Botanist2008"

Botanist2008 wrote:

technocoder, its complaining about a .NET framework
"This application could not be started. You must enable the .NET framework from the Windows Features dialog box (from Control Panel, choose Programs, turn Windows features on or off).

uhhh help lol

Here's what I've suggested to another person who had the same issue:

Technocoder wrote:

"- Ephemeral -"

- Ephemeral - wrote:

That's certainly a strange error to be getting. I know this sounds rather dumb but it might be worth downloading the file again just in case it was a one off error. If that doesn't work check if there are any files in Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu! > Songs > Logs. If there are, paste the contents of those files here (preferably in a pastebin).

It seems that there's an option to view information about the issue as well. Paste that information here as well if you can. Otherwise, you can try installing the .NET Framework manually (although I don't know if that will help):
Steps
  1. Open Wineskin from Show Package Contents
  2. Click on Advanced > Tools > Winetricks
  3. Click on dlls and check the box next to dotnet40 (theoretically, there should be a mark in the Installed column as well)
  4. Click on Run

If that still doesn't work, run my troubleshooting tool: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1036678 and paste the report here.
show more