forum

Why do you have to watch anime?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Epicentrum
When you watch anime for a week or a month and then stop, why do you feel something is missing?. 🤔🤔

*I also feel it by the way 😑
asianMekai
Because ANIME is LIFE! Without Anime, it is like having a piece of yourself taken away from you. Once you've come to known the existence of modern Anime, there is no turning back..
Lumyh
I watch anime for the feels ;-; usually when i watch a romance anime, it hits me in the feels for a bit after the last episode, and i just can't bring myself to watch anything for a while
thyme_old_1
Quite similar to the post above. I usually like to watch drama/romance/slice of life animes. For me, watching animes gives me a rollercoaster of emotions that I don't get to experience since I'm a weeb and have 0 irl friends.
mulraf
for me it's kinda the opposite. once i don't watch anime for a month i even have a slightly hard time getting back into it. but just right after i've seen a good anime i'm marathoning full series' one after another :o
-xKeita-
probably because you've grown to making it a part of your life
Lumyh

Tsutsui Mari wrote:

Quite similar to the post above. I usually like to watch drama/romance/slice of life animes. For me, watching animes gives me a rollercoaster of emotions that I don't get to experience since I'm a weeb and have 0 irl friends.

omg someone just like me owo
Carmlillball
I don't watch anime, but I feel the same way with music if I don't listen to it for a day.
captainmilk
I. have never thought about that before. Why do I watch anime.
It initially started as something I like to do, but not it kind of feels like "I need to catch up and watch anime". I have to force myself to watch anime and it feels really bad that I think like that now
MisakiSakaki
I don't watch anime at all, is casual stand so.
HaruTenjin
just doesn't feel right if I don't watch at least one anime a day.
[pGA]Remilia
I watch anime because it makes me really happy, sometimes I forget my problems because of it.
Topic Starter
Epicentrum
so is that normal ?, and what normal people think of us? 🤔
- Kurokotei -
They think, we're a weeb
Juuuuuuuuul
I don't have, or need,
i watch animes in the same way as i watch any movies, series, or tv-shows that are not animes.
Tennes
When I watch anime I feel a deeply and emotionally driven sensation to charachters (a very indescribable sensation) that at times it would cheer me up when I'm in the low or not having a good day so it's usually my go to thing most of the times
Koychiro
It becomes something of your life or rather something that makes you escape from the world for a second, that feeling of satisfaction to see someone you like is the best.
safir

asianMekai wrote:

Because ANIME is LIFE!

^_^
Xorn
Because anime give so many life lessons that make me face a challenge in secondary school and it teaches me about people.
Z4PHK1EL
Because anime is amazing and anime is life all of the genre is on anime thats why i love anime so much
Zodiako
It is true that he could be a different person if he did not watch anime. But the truth is that I am doing it.

The main reason is because I like their plots and a different development from what is seen in western culture (I don't judge any of that, since I also occasionally watch western shows). The truth is that they entertain me a lot and I'm used to that.
ConquestBread
I watch anime because I am legally obligated to. If I don't want 20 hours of anime a week, the CIA will bust down my door and send me to a blacksite where I'll never be heard from again.
wlax
Anime makes me happy. When I watch it, I can feel something, I have never felt before or I can remember times, that so far from me but so familiar...
Chiru-kun
most expansive medium for the different stories i have watched so far (though of course, i try other mediums too). easy to absorb, feels amazing to absorb, to ponder on, reflect, joke around... it pops out to me. it gives off that feeling that the story im watching is alive. i'd say.
- Lena -
Why not...
vishal Ajisai
yes, why should i watch anime?
- Isla -
without anime, you aren't whole.
haha i rolypoly
without anime, you're just a smelly neckbeard, however with anime, you're a WEEB smelly neckbeard
- Isla -
you ask this like it was a choice.
The Gentleboy
its fun
TrI0stan
Well for me that dosent happen, I love anime but I don’t feel empty when I’m not watching it. I like to watch it and am always coming back for more, and I would probably cry if I could never watch it again. But I don’t feel empty if I don’t watch it for a little while, since I only stop if I choose to do so
Adinda
why not ,they are cute in animation ,some unique stories ,has cool opening music and ending music :>
Coulterminer
Its an escape for most people ( including me ). Like most escape tools it releases dopamine causing you to feel happier and nice.
Neko [OwO]
because anime's the thing that holds the universe together
miipuffs
I grew up watching anime and it entertained me, whenever I feel sad, upset, angry, I keep coming back to anime to cheer me up. I also met a lot of people with anime as a topic, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

I guess it just became a part of my lifestyle.
kodzukenm
cause i enjoy it :D
onigari
Might seem stupid, but it's kind of like a refuge from the real world for me. It helps me forget bad stuff that's happened to me and things that have permanently set me back in life. In anime there's no such thing to worry about, you get to be absorbed in a virtual world with nothing to worry about except your waifu dying!
Tiresome
Well, I watch anime because it makes me happy and helps me forget about all the negative things that happen in my life. It also teaches me life lessons which helps me be a better person.
Aoris
I just feel like the mood sometimes