forum

[resolved] Cursor Problems (still)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shannanigens
So I've had this problem for a while now, I made another post about it but it got marked as resolved when it wasn't at all. So my cursor keeps randomly stopping and randomly speeds up. I play on mouse but have tried on tablet and the problem is still there. I've tried everything I could find online and everything I thought could fix it (new mouse, reinstall osu, different osu builds, even reinstalled windows) but I still have the problem. The problem is only happening in osu please someone help as the game is basically unplayable

https://twitter.com/shannanigens_/status/1169851464887365633

A video of it happening when doing a spinner
Death
Your other issue was not marked as resolved. Issues that haven't had anything posted in them for a while are automatically archived.

To be honest, if you have been having this issue on multiple different setups, with different hardware, maybe it's just you accidentally not moving the mouse as fast as you think you are for a bit? Your video doesn't really show anything substantial.

Or if you are absolutely convinced it is something else that is causing issues, maybe your mouse pad or mouse sensor is dirty.
Siroku5150

Death wrote:

Your other issue was not marked as resolved. Issues that haven't had anything posted in them for a while are automatically archived.

To be honest, if you have been having this issue on multiple different setups, with different hardware, maybe it's just you accidentally not moving the mouse as fast as you think you are for a bit? Your video doesn't really show anything substantial.

Or if you are absolutely convinced it is something else that is causing issues, maybe your mouse pad or mouse sensor is dirty.

he is completely fine on other games like rainbow six siege or minecraft. Osu is the only game doing the sudden lag on the cursor
Topic Starter
Shannanigens

Death wrote:

In the video I hadn't stopped spinning, I was still moving my mouse around and the cursor just stopped dead. I've cleaned my mouse sensor and pad multiple times and the still the same problem, don't think it was that to begin with since I wasn't having the problem in any other game or program on my computer
Death
Not sure what to tell you. The game is not going to stop your cursor and nothing else for no reason. You might start to see cursor issues if the entire game is lagging, but that is not the case here.

Either it is still some hardware issue or perhaps you have another application open on your computer that is causing issues (i.e. some application that is putting an overlay on the game or taking focus away from the window).
mewkage
Listen I am having the same issue, but this problem only started for me since this most recent update. Not sure what is going on.
Death
Nothing has changed in regards to how your input is handled in the game. The most recent update from February 8th changed 2 things, neither of which were input related: https://osu.ppy.sh/home/changelog/stable40/20200208
Topic Starter
Shannanigens
FINALLY FOUND A FIX!!!!!!

Right click osu, go to properties then compatibility tab. Check disable full screen optimizations then go to change high dpi settings then check override high DPI scaling behaviour. Click ok and apply.
Mercron

Shannanigens wrote:

FINALLY FOUND A FIX!!!!!!

Right click osu, go to properties then compatibility tab. Check disable full screen optimizations then go to change high dpi settings then check override high DPI scaling behaviour. Click ok and apply.
I tried doing that since I have a similar issue but I dont see that option, I see override high dpi scaling and 3 different methods, what operating system are you using?
ForeverAloneXD

Death wrote:

Not sure what to tell you. The game is not going to stop your cursor and nothing else for no reason. You might start to see cursor issues if the entire game is lagging, but that is not the case here.

Either it is still some hardware issue or perhaps you have another application open on your computer that is causing issues (i.e. some application that is putting an overlay on the game or taking focus away from the window).
i have also been having this same problem as his
my mouse DPI suddenly drops randomly and i am unable to aim correctly.
BEHtheShep
so i have the same problem but instead there are times when my cursor randomly teleports across my screen or will stop so hopefully this fixes it