forum

osu! Miss Analyzer - a program to analyze chokes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
osu! Miss Analyzer is a program that takes a replay and analyzes every miss to determine how and why it happened. It's straightforward to use and shows some pretty interesting data.

Download Link (and source code)

Examples:
Here's an example of a pretty famous choke: Cookiezi's Blue Zenith +HR choke

When this happened, I remember seeing screenshots showing how close he was to hitting the jump, but I don't remember anyone actually deconstructing the replay to determine how close he really was. Looking at the image, it's clear he was very, very close to hitting that last jump.

Here's his latest Blue Zenith choke: Once again, very close

If you have any suggestions for features/bug reports/whatever, let me know in the comments.
_Meep_
i love u kappa
amax
THIS IS NEXT LEVEL IMPROVEMENT DETERMINATION RIGHT HERE!

Question, how optimized is this program? Can I run it on this 2005 laptop on Windows XP?

(I like this idea more than I should.)
Ryoid
AWESOME! i love this idea!

But still, its kinda hilarious when you miss all the time XD
-Keitaro
ThePooN, you totally needs this.

Nice work btw
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
We're at version 0.6 now - changes include:

1. You can specify a beatmap folder in the options file and it'll automatically search for the beatmap
  2. Zoom with up/down or mouse wheel
  3. Press R to choose a different replay
  4. Visual improvements: red coloring on miss, directional arrows
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity

Tilt on English wrote:

THIS IS NEXT LEVEL IMPROVEMENT DETERMINATION RIGHT HERE!

Question, how optimized is this program? Can I run it on this 2005 laptop on Windows XP?

(I like this idea more than I should.)

After a bit of research, it looks like Windows XP couldn't run it. Not because of optimization but because I used a newer version of .NET.

I'll see if I can downgrade it tomorrow.

EDIT: Never mind, I did it tonight. There's an alternate .exe with XP at the end in the latest release
amax
Thank you for the downgrade, and I'll try the program myself when I have the chance. :)
Comfy Cherry
Nice work, this will help me find out why the hell I miss so many stupid things XD
DarkForce9
Does it not work for Windows 10?
I put the osu dir in the options file and after i select a replay nothing happenes.
What do?
das12344321

DarkForce9 wrote:

Does it not work for Windows 10?
I put the osu dir in the options file and after i select a replay nothing happenes.
What do?

Well, if you've changed the default dir (that is c: partition in Windows) you need also change the config.cfg (is in the same folder as Miss Analyzer) value in osudir and songsdir - it may be your reason for not running a program.
ZySky
How i can open the file? it shows SLN
Founntain

ZySky wrote:

How i can open the file? it shows SLN

.sln files are solution files that can be opened with Visual Studio 20xx
You probably downloaded the source code and not the release on his github.
peplu
Hey, my windows defender flags the zip as trojan
it is safe, right?
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity

peplu wrote:

Hey, my windows defender flags the zip as trojan
it is safe, right?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/b0e34e0e7bf48cfea957dc4ae32ab40c4317bfe41f6a5b8cf1442d7bce7210e1/detection

Yeah, it's safe - I don't know why windows is so sure it's a virus...
superman4529
Yeah, not so safe if you actually check the .exe https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/82642695a213737df53fc2581049290e8f3b6d04d707cf863acde6500fcbd76c/detection

EDIT: Alright, the new version looks safe, very curious why it was so confident it was a virus and now its fine though.
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
Tiny3
I am so proud of this program; now i'll never be able to choke again!!1
Sapphere
Does this program also work for osu!mania?
oSumAtrIX

Sapphere wrote:

Does this program also work for osu!mania?

no
TheNerving
The program straight up won't open for me, even after deleting and redownloading and trying multiple versions several times, whether I run it normally, in administrator or compatibility mode, whatever. When trying to run it, first there's this little loading circle around my cursor but after that nothing happens.
I'm using Windows 10 64 Bit, dunno what else might be relevant for the program maybe not working.

Edit: Nevermind, am grande retard. Gonna leave this here in case anyone else will ever be as stupid: Had the paths for songs and game dir switched up... Bruh
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
New release: you can now view your most recent replay from within the program without using the ahk script (which also doesn't exist anymore anyway I think)

https://github.com/ThereGoesMySanity/osuMissAnalyzer/releases/tag/v0.8.0
Mr Sonic
Wow, that is enlightening! I did a random miss in the last map I played and when I analyzed it with your program I clearly see what happened!
http://prntscr.com/qom2xc

So close...
Toxic664
Doesn't work properly with EZ
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
New release! We've made it to v1.0

New Features

1. Automatically find and list recent replays
  2. Much faster automatic beatmap search
  3. New display options
  4. Various bugfixes
https://github.com/ThereGoesMySanity/osuMissAnalyzer/releases/tag/v1.0.0
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
Released v1.1, fixing a couple of bugs that were crashing the program. If the program wasn't working for you before, there's a good chance that this update fixes it.

https://github.com/ThereGoesMySanity/osuMissAnalyzer/releases/tag/v1.1.0
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity
Release v1.2: A couple long-overdue bugfixes, plus a new feature
https://github.com/ThereGoesMySanity/osuMissAnalyzer/releases/latest

Toxic664 wrote:

Doesn't work properly with EZ
^fixed
XOsiris95
Is there a tutorial on how to make it work?
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity

deliberalli wrote:

Is there a tutorial on how to make it work?
Put your osu directory in options.cfg ("OsuDir=C:\path\to\osu!") and then start the program and it'll walk you through everything automatically.
Conditioned_air
So how does this like.. work? I'm just some 6 digit who has no idea how any of this works and I have no idea what as to what a directory is. What am I supposed to do??? I have no idea what to write under 'OsuDir=' and 'SongsDir=', whenever I try to open a replay it just says 'couldn/t find the beatmap automatically. I tried putting in the 'OsuDir=C:\path\to\osu!' and dragging a replay onto the miss analyzer and it just says 'could not find a part of the path 'OsuDir=C:\path\to\osu!'. Whenever I try stuff like this (like osuplus) it just never works no matter what I do. It's one the most frustrating things for me. Also sorry for the aggression, but it's very frustrating like I said
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity

Ruumis wrote:

So how does this like.. work? I'm just some 6 digit who has no idea how any of this works and I have no idea what as to what a directory is. What am I supposed to do??? I have no idea what to write under 'OsuDir=' and 'SongsDir=', whenever I try to open a replay it just says 'couldn/t find the beatmap automatically. I tried putting in the 'OsuDir=C:\path\to\osu!' and dragging a replay onto the miss analyzer and it just says 'could not find a part of the path 'OsuDir=C:\path\to\osu!'. Whenever I try stuff like this (like osuplus) it just never works no matter what I do. It's one the most frustrating things for me. Also sorry for the aggression, but it's very frustrating like I said
Assuming you didn't change anything when installing osu!, it's probably installed to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!. This is what you should set as OsuDir. If you didn't change the location of your songs folder, you don't need SongsDir.

So, your options.cfg should probably look like this, replacing <Username> with your Windows username:
OsuDir=C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!

Hope this helps!
Conditioned_air
that was suprisigly simple, thanks!
NoAccFound
im pretty confused, so what exactly is the step by step process. i don't understand it
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity

NoAccFound wrote:

im pretty confused, so what exactly is the step by step process. i don't understand it

Set OsuDir in the options.cfg file and then start the program.
SilentRiver
Does this work with lazer/score v2?
Topic Starter
LackOfSanity

SilentRiver wrote:

Does this work with lazer/score v2?
Afaik replay files haven't changed in lazer, but the directory structure might have.

Definitely works with scorev2.
SilentRiver

LackOfSanity wrote:

Afaik replay files haven't changed in lazer
Wdym by that? I just tried exporting a lazer replaying and inputting it into the program and it said it couldn't find the replay automatically. Also this is a really cool program
show more