forum

Make better system for 1:1 BG?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
arien666
Umm...
Some songs have their album jackets and most are 1:1 orz
But, expanding to 4:3 might not be good idea to fit for osu! BG thing ;_;

Wonder but I hope osu! would auto-handle with this style of BG ;_;

Current

[If it's 600*600]
y=0~100 and 500~600 might not be shown while playing ;_;

If osu! auto fills something, it might be...
orz
[Hard to explain about feature system but hope ;_;]
mm201
What you mean is

...and as LH put it, stop being lazy.
ziin
how about osu fits the background to the smallest dimension? Like "fit" but with black bars on the sides, not top and bottom.

For a 600x600 image, it would zoom in to be 768x768 on a 1024x768 osu window resolution. While you say "stop being lazy", this is an easy fix, and it's especially difficult for people who don't know how to edit videos (heck some people don't know how to edit pictures either).

If, for example, I wanted to put an IIDX video in my map, I either have to stretch the video by resizing to 4:3 or add black bars to the side. Both are simple processes, but quite tedious to do if you don't know what you're doing.

I don't think this looks bad either, since we already have black bars at top and bottom while playing videos, and if you play full screen, you've already got black bars on the sides.
qlum
If this gets implemented it should be optional and widescreen BG, video on widescreen screens should also be supported.
RandomJibberish
It's always better to have a 4:3 background so you don't get ugly bars. Just crop it :/
Kitsunemimi

qlum wrote:

If this gets implemented it should be optional and widescreen BG, video on widescreen screens should also be supported.
^ So pooting need this right here. I had the idea long ago, and yet peppy'll probably deny it because widescreen isn't even that important really, but this would be really good.
ziin

RandomJibberish wrote:

It's always better to have a 4:3 background so you don't get ugly bars. Just crop it :/
I'll take black bars which are virtually unnoticeable in widescreen play over bad aspect ratio any day.
Faust

ziin wrote:

RandomJibberish wrote:

I'll take black bars which are virtually unnoticeable in widescreen play over bad aspect ratio any day.
This.
qlum

ziin wrote:

RandomJibberish wrote:

Cropping doesn't fuck up the aspect ratio it just removes part of the image.
they are also very noticable in widescreen I rather only have black bars on the left and right than on all sides it would be better though if osu! wouldn't just ignore that part of the screen to use for the background
ziin

qlum wrote:

Cropping doesn't fuck up the aspect ratio it just removes part of the image.
Most people will opt for a simple resize because they don't know how to crop. And osu automatically crops anyway.

qlum wrote:

they are also very noticable in widescreen I rather only have black bars on the left and right than on all sides it would be better though if osu! wouldn't just ignore that part of the screen to use for the background
peppy

Kitsunemimi wrote:

^ So pooting need this right here. I had the idea long ago, and yet peppy'll probably deny it because widescreen isn't even that important really, but this would be really good.
Yeah, I deny features that I've been pushing for the last few years </sarcasm>

Learn to not fail. Also learn to english.