forum

Absolutely beaten down.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu
I recently came back from exams (like less than a week ago) to return to Osu. And things have been going downhill ever since I've began playing again,
First of all, I've been stagnating way more than I've ever stagnated before. And worst of all, my mouse sens key is damaged and won't aim properly anymore.
Next, I can't even FC 3* like I used to do. I tried to FC a border-line 3* map and failed horribly, sliderbreaking twice in the same section. I now sliderbreak up to 5 times in 1 map.
lastly, I've been trying all ways to readjust my aim, but everything is awkward, even my mouse grip.
I don't know what to do. I feel beaten down, and whenever I miss a note, I just exit the map. It's as if I've lost confidence in myself

Any tips?
Almost
First, take a deep breath and try to relax a little. Not sure what you mean by your 'mouse sens key' being damaged but maybe get a new mouse if your current one is damaged or pick a certain sensitivity and stick with it. Next, just acknowledge that you've hit a little bump in the road and just keep playing without having any real expectations in yourself for a while. Just play for fun for a little and try to take any slight improvement as a win even if it's not at the level you were at before. Before you know it, you'll be back up and running. :)
dung eater
Hit the circles and follow the sliders. Don't go into a map thinking about the result already. The playing is the important part, result comes after.

I'd think the problem is in aiming reading or tapping something. Not fcing is a symptom of having things you need to get better at.
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu
I'm not sure if it's my mouse, but I recently noticed my cursor shakes slightly even when my hands arent shaky. It may be the mouse but I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

Thanks for the advice guys. Really helps me.
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu

Almost wrote:

First, take a deep breath and try to relax a little. Not sure what you mean by your 'mouse sens key' being damaged but maybe get a new mouse if your current one is damaged or pick a certain sensitivity and stick with it. Next, just acknowledge that you've hit a little bump in the road and just keep playing without having any real expectations in yourself for a while. Just play for fun for a little and try to take any slight improvement as a win even if it's not at the level you were at before. Before you know it, you'll be back up and running. :)

To elaborate, my cursor shakes when I move it even when my hands aren't shaky. If I try to draw a straight line down my screen the line is jagged.
And sometimes it just moves to random spots on the screen for no reason or even out of the circles I am clicking, which annoys me to end.

My cursor is also weirdly slower.
Endaris
Did you install a Windows 10 anniversary update since you last played?
At least on my machine these are notorious for messing with several settings and drivers so you might want to check if anything changed in that department. That includes mouse acceleration among other things.

Other than that:
Do you use a laser mouse? (red light from the sensor)
If yes, did you change the surface you play on? Laser mice are very sensitive to surface changes and may track very poorly on some. Even if you didn't, they're sensitive to dirt and stuff as well so giving your playing surface a clean might help a ton.
dung eater
None of the laser mice i had had visible light and you don't want to try to look at a laser.
Kmiotek
a thing that sometimes happened to me was that my mouse jumped to random parts of a screen whenever windows sent a notification (even though you couldnt see it while in game) although if the problem is more consistently incosistent (xd) then endaris's suggestion might be more on spot
and

Phoenix999Osu wrote:

don't know what to do. I feel beaten down, and whenever I miss a note, I just exit the map. It's as if I've lost confidence in myself

something that works for me: play diffrent maps that you havent set scores on before
you dont have any expectations then so you wont ragequit when you miss and trying diffrent kinds of maps should be interesting as well as being good for improving
and when you feel confident again you can return to maps with older scores and be suprised how much better youve become unknowingly
Endaris

placeholder wrote:

None of the laser mice i had had visible light and you don't want to try to look at a laser.

Good to know, not much practical experience with laser mice that weren't cheap as fuck and didn't show a visible red or blue light.
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu
Nope, I've not installed any anniversary updates, and I dont really have any programmes on while playing Osu other than Discord, and that doesn't really affect the gameplay too much.

I've given my playing area cleans but I feel it's the mouse itself. Because even when I'm not even shaking the cursor is shaking really badly. It wprsems especially when I move it slowly, like it will just jitter left and right.

My mouse uses blue light.
Almost
Try getting a new mouse and see if that solves the problem. I'd recommend a good optical mouse like a Zowie or some Logitech.
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu
I think my mouse might be affecting me, because the thing is getting worse and worse by the day and I get more frustrated.

I just played a map and now I realise I can't even spin properly. Like my cursor goes around in circles, but not around the center of the spinner, which is never the case, even before my mouse broke. And then my cursor just teleports to one end of the screen to another even without visible programmes running in the background.

Sigh. I tried a spare mouse, stupid thing didn't even work properly, cursor didn't even function. Tried to fix the problem, little magical btton to click magically isn ot on my computer.

Might consider getting a new mouse.