Achromalia
kinda late.
pentaqola
yes
samX500
another day of school
pentaqola

pentaqola wrote:

i actually wanna try swapping the skintones of 2 specific characters just to see how some people in some random discord server react to it (hopefully they just see it as a cursed image)

welp i did just that and uhh... yeah im accidentally racist now because of that...

lesson learned... i was too dumb to realize i was basically running into fire...

should've thought out a bit more about that decision...
Achromalia
hhhhhhhh
Penguin

Achromalia wrote:

hhhhhhhh

c
Achromalia
e
Westonini

pentaqola wrote:

pentaqola wrote:

i actually wanna try swapping the skintones of 2 specific characters just to see how some people in some random discord server react to it (hopefully they just see it as a cursed image)

welp i did just that and uhh... yeah im accidentally racist now because of that...

lesson learned... i was too dumb to realize i was basically running into fire...

This type of thing has happened many times before. Whatever you made is most likely not racist, people are just idiotic snowflakes who bash artists that make things they don't like.

There was no racist intent behind it. You only made it for fun and to see what it would look like. Those who'd call you racist are ignorant and quick to judge.
Achromalia
r
Westonini
rr
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
R
Achromalia
RNG.
samX500
stonks.
pentaqola
. .

°

-

e
samX500
taking these before Achro takes them
Achromalia
bruh momentum
pentaqola
w a i t i n g
Tad Fibonacci

pentaqola wrote:

pentaqola wrote:

I bet you swapped the skin tone of a dark skinned character with a brighter tone.

People wouldn't bat an eye if it's the other way around.

That's just goes to show how dumb people are.
If you want to draw something, then do it. Don't gives two shits about what people will think of it.
If it's good art, then it doesn't matter.
samX500
no points for Achro
Westonini
Achromalia
please ffs

why do i try to even bother with work

welp. guess i won't be reaching 13K this month either.

let's try AGAIN, for the next seven months.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
dsffdssdadfsfsasda
Achromalia
can't maintain my point rate at this point. it's unlikely i'll get as far as i wanted to. egh.
pentaqola
i do not want to drag the problem i made yesterday a bit longer, but i would like to give more depth to what happened in a short amount of text...

the image is not a drawing, but an edit. one of the more odder edits i made with some effort (original one has their actual skin colors). yes, the change in skin tone is drastic. yes, they noticed the change of both skin tones, not one. i cannot tell if i am right or wrong even with my actual intentions for the image... i don't know if what they say about lacking empathy to understand why what i did is wrong is true or not... i just feel like they could as well be right here...

i probably should go and apologize already for this. heck, they could all just be people around my age range that is for sure... and while i might say its not supposed to be racist, i should understand their view...
Westonini

pentaqola wrote:

...i should understand their view...

true, but it doesn't seem like they're understanding yours.

i see no harm in this edit; i actually think it's kinda cool. it's really not even a drastic change, it's just a swap. i mean race can be a touchy subject and all, but they're definitely being overly-sensitive here.

pentaqola wrote:

heck, they could all just be people around my age range that is for sure...

i wouldn't be surprised.

pentaqola wrote:

i probably should go and apologize already for this.

ehhh yea i suppose you could. you didn't really do anything wrong in my eyes, but if you're planning on staying on friendly terms with these snowflakes people then you may want to address it should it ever come up in conversation. i dunno if you'd want to make some sort of apology announcement though, i feel like that may just unnecessarily rekindle the flame. i'm not sure how much backlash you got from that edit tho, so it's up to you what you wanna do.

i really hate people sometimes.
Achromalia

Westonini wrote:

pentaqola wrote:

...i should understand their view...

true, but it doesn't seem like they're understanding yours.

i see no harm in this edit; i actually think it's kinda cool. it's really not even a drastic change, it's just a swap. i mean race can be a touchy subject and all, but they're definitely being overly-sensitive here.

pentaqola wrote:

heck, they could all just be people around my age range that is for sure...

i wouldn't be surprised.

pentaqola wrote:

i probably should go and apologize already for this.

ehhh yea i suppose you could. you didn't really do anything wrong in my eyes, but if you're planning on staying on friendly terms with these snowflakes people then you may want to address it should it ever come up in conversation. i dunno if you'd want to make some sort of apology announcement though, i feel like that may just unnecessarily rekindle the flame. i'm not sure how much backlash you got from that edit tho, so it's up to you what you wanna do.

i really hate people sometimes.

pretty much the same thoughts, i'm... kinda surprised that anyone would get backlash for this under rational means.

but i suppose humans are simply humans as usual.

wishing you well, penta. don't get fucked just because of backlash from others who lack the foresight or hindsight to consider the possibility that this was innocently done.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
a
pentaqola
i feel happy rn! everything actually seems to be getting better
Westonini
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
nice
samX500
show more