forum

General Vocaloid Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jarby

Krisom wrote:

So it's unoriginal if I like something that vocaloid music has in common with other general music? I don't plan on deralining this thread more onto what I think, but I find funny that you think it's funny that I mentioned that.
Unoriginal? What. I don't understand. That's not what I meant to bring a point about mentioning!
Lanttu
I actually don't mind the computer-like voices, they can sound pretty interesting , too, when used in right way~

Krisom wrote:

What are your favorite 3 vocaloids? and favorite 3 composers?
If we're talking about voices only and excluding everything fandom-related, I'm not sure at all, I kind of like them all at the same level. But if I really have to choose, I'll go with Gakupo, Solid append-Miku and Kaito, I guess. Once again, it really depends on who is using the program and how it is being used, since it can change the voice very much~ Sadly, though Gakupo is my favourite, there's only a few songs where he sounds good. >:

If fandom-related stuff is included, I like the aisu-loving Kaito-nii the most<3

Composers, DATEKEN is my absolute favourite. AVtechNO gets the second place, and though I usually enjoy only everything pink and cute and rainbow-colored and fuwa fuwa, I have to say that utsu-P is becoming one of my favourites also, heh~ Also, lately I've gotten really interested in Shinjou-P, he has made some awesome Kaito songs. :3

FFFFfffff----- pressed the quote-button when I was supposed to press edit</3
iMuffin

OzzyOzrock
What's with people saying that GUMI's voice is superior to the rest? They can all be good and they can all be annoying depending on how they're used.
Jarby

OzzyOzrock wrote:

What's with people saying that GUMI's voice is superior to the rest? They can all be good and they can all be annoying depending on how they're used.
GUMI's voice is a fair bit less shrill than, say, Miku and can sound more realistic and natural overall from what I've heard. A good example of this is the song Miracle-Gumiracle.
Powerdrone
KAITO

:3
Sleep Powder
Personally, Kaito isn't my favorite Vocaloid (or at least all the songs I've heard with him in it).
Unless you have a decent song to provide to say so.
Firo Prochainezo
Kaito is just there for the BL lovers.
Shiirn

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

When you consider that he originally had a vibe for being a cushion for Miku, this result is hilarious.
Galkan
Speaking of the most realistic-like voices, I'd choose Luka Megurine in some of her songs ("World Reflection" and "Suffocation", for example) I really like how she sounds out there.
Apex_old

Rantai wrote:

With the exception of Megpoid Gumi, I find most vocaloid's voices a tad annoying. >.<
Use your real voice and try it, you'll feel weird.
Apex_old
Lol, it'd be Kagene DAKU(影音ダク) if I tried(With a costume like Hank from Madness).
Topic Starter
ztrot
poor piko never talked of, rarely used
OzzyOzrock

Jarby wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

GUMI's voice is a fair bit less shrill than, say, Miku and can sound more realistic and natural overall from what I've heard. A good example of this is the song Miracle-Gumiracle.
I've heard people say that so much orz
taki-desu_old
I'm guilty of downloading covers of vocaloid songs since I rather not get use to how...it sometimes sound.
Haneii

Shiirn wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

When you consider that he originally had a vibe for being a cushion for Miku, this result is hilarious.

taki-desu wrote:

I'm guilty of downloading covers of vocaloid songs since I rather not get use to how...it sometimes sound.
Speaking of vocaloid covers, I found this one of Magnet hilarious XD (song starts at around 1:28)

Weez

Haneii wrote:

Speaking of vocaloid covers, I found this one of Magnet hilarious XD (song starts at around 1:28)

I remember that :D
eccentricite
Not such a big fan of Vocaloid, but some of the songs are actually pretty good.

Top 3 Vocaloids would probably be perhaps Kagamine Len, Kagamine Rin and Gumi in terms of sound. But if you add in other variables, perhaps I would have to stuff Gakupo in somewhere. [orz]

As for Top 3 producers, definitely Wowaka, Ryo and the last one I can't really decide, perhaps Iroha-P?
Ruisu-kun_old
I like vocaloid, specially Luka <3 I love her.
Martinawa
Only one word in my head now:

MIKU <3

I love her. But the other vocaloid characters (Except KAITO) are cool too 8-)
Linco
BURN MIKU D:
I'm a Kaito fangirl <3 oh, and Gumi is nice, too. Although her voice sounds fail if you can't use Vocaloid right.. if you can, it's love.
That Vocaloid-producing company said that Vocaloid 3 is really more realistic and stuff like that, so let's wait.
Firo Prochainezo
Miku is mainstream. Some love for the English VOCALOIDs.
Wassaaaa
I love Lily voice, and my other favorites are Luka, Gumi and Rin.
eveless
Luka , Luka , Luka
MikaInuchan
My favorites are Gumi, Len, Gakupo, and the new vocaloid, Piko. Piko, Piko, Piko ºwº

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 48QnJQbJzI
those
When Hatsune Miku comes out in English, I'll probably try something.
raihoo

animask wrote:

Personally, Kaito isn't my favorite Vocaloid (or at least all the songs I've heard with him in it).
Unless you have a decent song to provide to say so.
well, i've found many nice kaito songs (according to my liking), as well as his nice vocals. for the vocals, though, i think shinjou-p and konki-p are very good with him (konki-p's good with many vocaloids, though), but my favorite is shigotoshite-p (her music's awesome!)

here are some of them:
- What's color? = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJR_C42BrA
- A whole new world (cover) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAEh9xKg1YM
- Skimble Shanks (cover) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5zZQoDTgc
- Tabiji no hate, sora no doukoku = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76OsTV6l-s
- Utau daichi (Fill e Tua arrange) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWHTXMIsKTM
- See you = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajiARQjUXQc
Beener4657
I like some of the vocaloid's voices, although I do agree some of them aren't very practical. My favorite favorite vocaloid is Miku Hatsune because I think her robotic voice goes well with a lot of techno and dance beats, and techno is my favorite style of music. I expect people to not liking them for their lack of expression, but I do think they sound very good in certain styles of music.

Or in other words: I don't care how much hate they get, I still like them and I like their characters and personalities people gave them....I think they should be an anime about it....just saying, it would probably be really funny.
Verdisphena
GUMIGUMI
Wilveren

eveless wrote:

Luka , Luka , Luka
29iA

Beener4657 wrote:

I like some of the vocaloid's voices, although I do agree some of them aren't very practical. My favorite favorite vocaloid is Miku Hatsune because I think her robotic voice goes well with a lot of techno and dance beats, and techno is my favorite style of music. I expect people to not liking them for their lack of expression, but I do think they sound very good in certain styles of music.

Or in other words: I don't care how much hate they get, I still like them and I like their characters and personalities people gave them....I think they should be an anime about it....just saying, it would probably be really funny.
You wish... you wish...

Verdisphena wrote:

GUMIGUMI
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Apex_old
Hold my hand by Michael Jackson makes use of some UTAU DJ system. Like "th" uses "You got the 'th'riller!" in Thriller. So Hold my hand by Michael Jackson is Vocaloid too.
KFreezeOfFire
Personally, I love Vocaloids and think that they're a very creative programme for anyone to use. Whilst they don't sound exactly human at all, they're as close you can get to a human sounding voice without using a true singer or singing yourself. (That said, I do think that there's no replacing a real singer, even with a programme.)
As for favourite Vocaloids... I like SF-A2 Miki, Gumi Megpoid, and Piko Utatane the best, and think that they need a lot more love. It pisses me off a little when I see people comparing 'loids from other companies to the Big Six from Crypton (that is, Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, Meiko, and Kaito). Not every Vocaloid has to be compared to the Crypton 'loids, y'know.
And as for favourite composers, I'd say Hachi, DECO*27, and samfree are my three guys. In case you want to have a little taste of each of their music, here you go:

Hachi- "Matryoshka"

DECO*27- "Coward Montblanc"

samfree- "Luka Luka Night Fever"
Kokizi
Lily, Gumi & Luka

Pizzicato
shinytentacool
There's already been a Vocaloid3 tech demo. I don't think it sounds particularly good, GUMI still has the best voicebank

Hika
Vocaloids sing better than most singers I know. That's how bad singers are.
Vext_old

Hika wrote:

Vocaloids sing better than most singers I know. That's how bad singers are.
Just come clean and admit your favorite is beiber.
Hika
I don't like American music in general.
Neo@lex
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv54164376
Starts in 40 minutes. I think you can log in with a niconico.com account.
It costs 18 dollars. I'm sure you can afford it.

That was fucking badass.
show more