forum

Good Tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sorun
Well after 3 months with mouse and still not getting S on insane I am going to give in to buying a tablet xD

Right now I am looking at this one
Wacom bamboo pen:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OO ... d_i=507846

Has anyone used this one before? Or should I go for something like this
Wacom Intuos4:
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos4-Med ... 27&sr=1-12

Honestly I don't really want to spend 300+ to get some Perfects on harder modes, but I also don't want to waste money on a cheaper one to find it break after a week. Any help is appreciated.
Deathrain_old
The bamboo tablet works really well, but that version is the cheaper one and is much smaller, making it harder to maneuver, but faster than, say, the bamboo fun tablet. The bamboo fun tablet is bigger and thus easier to work with, but requires more practice in the means of jumps and the works.

The Intuos4 I believe is a screen tablet, or whatever you call an image of the monitor will display on the tablet.
At least that's what I "Think" the intuos4 does.

If I had to make a recommendation though, the bamboo fun (Not the regular bamboo) tablet, the medium or large size or whatever the options are, is my preferred choice.
Topic Starter
Sorun
So after a little thought I am going to go for the cheaper wacom bamboo tab. I don't want to spend 400$ on a tablet till I am done buying my parts for my street car.

Anyone that has it could they please share there thoughts on it. (the small version for around 60$)
Chaotic_old

Sorun wrote:

Anyone that has it could they please share there thoughts on it. (the small version for around 60$)
That is the same one Cookiezi uses. (unless he changed it)

But let me tell you this, thinking that getting a Tablet will solve all your problems is totally wrong. Just sayin ;)
Daru
You don't need an Intuos4 for osu!.
Heck, you don't even need a bamboo.

osu! requires only binary input, so you can snag a $20, 8x6" Graphire4 off of Craigslist or Ebay and play osu! just as well as a Bamboo or Intuos4.

I personally use an Intuos3, but I use it far more for art and digital painting than for osu!, and it's rather overkill for the latter.

Also, to clear that up, no, the Intuos series tablets do not have screens. What you're thinking of is the Cintiq series, Deathrain.
ShaggoN
Bamboo is enough for...everything
and its really well made-good quality tablet.
Atelier Nugra
i'm using bamboo small :D
IppE

Daru wrote:

You don't need an Intuos4 for osu!.
As a ownder of Intuos4 I support this, its far too pricey, accurate and in some cases even too large for just osu! playing.
ShaggoN
If you're buying tablet for osu, buy the smallest one. Who need of big tablet for osu? o_O
Atelier Nugra

ShaggoN wrote:

If you're buying tablet for osu, buy the smallest one. Who need of big tablet for osu? o_O
agreed ;)

big tablet more difficult than small tablet @_@ if u just buy it for playing osu :roll:
Dai
I only spent $50 for Genius G-Pen 4500 (4 x 5.5)
If want to buy tablet for osu, buy the smallest one
dvorak_old
small one is enough.

I'm using half of my intuos4 medi as mouse pad :|
Topic Starter
Sorun
Thanks guys for all your feedback :) Going to order it now.
Drafura

Sorun wrote:

Well after 3 months with mouse and still not getting S on insane I am going to give in to buying a tablet xD
You're not going to S insane -_-'

Mouse or Tablet you have to train to S insane.
ShaggoN
In my opinion it's little easier to get used to tablet, than used to mouse.
But it's not easier to play, that's for sure.
Shael_old

ShaggoN wrote:

In my opinion it's little easier to get used to tablet, than used to mouse.
But it's not easier to play, that's for sure.
Couldn't say it better
Waryas
The learning curve is faster with tablet but that's probably I already had 5months of experience with mouse so my game reading was already "trained".
I'm using a bamboo pen & touch small with the smallest area possible.

Atelier Nugra

JesusYamato wrote:

The learning curve is faster with tablet but that's probably I already had 5months of experience with mouse so my game reading was already "trained".
[attachment=0:530d4]sensitivity.jpg[/attachment:530d4]
wow :o

i'm using all area btw.. :)
Daru

JesusYamato wrote:

Seriously?

Playstyles do indeed vary greatly. :P
Wishy
I got a Bamboo Tablet Pen & Touch (it'd be the big one compared to the "Bamboo Small") and I use full-area in a 2560x1600 screeen (osu! windowed 1280x800). I tried to use the minimum area but having a very high resolution, plus using a small osu window made it impossible, like it wasn't really possible to do short movements, even when I spinned it was impossible to do small circles. xd
Topic Starter
Sorun

Drafura wrote:

Sorun wrote:

You're not going to S insane -_-'

Mouse or Tablet you have to train to S insane.
So 483 retrys is not enough training?
naptime
I started playing osu! with an Intuos3 tablet.

One day while moving, I dug up my ancient, scratched up Graphire, the discontinued model that served as the precursor to the Bamboo series. That's the one I use regularly now.

The Graphire pen is smaller, lighter, easier to grip, and thus easier to control for small delicate movements. Something about the points of the Intuos pens (where your fingers meet) feels really wrong and awkward, maybe because it's so fat and has the most slippery grip ever invented. I used to have to rub tissues on the thing to add friction, and even then once I started sweating it was game over. The two types of Intuos4 grips are just as bad. If you plan on dragging the pen, you should also know that the Intuos4 surface eats up those nibs like candy.

Extra features come at a cost. osu! doesn't have anything to do with any of these features. Something to think about.
show more