forum

Is there an easy way to fix the timing of a beatmap after cropping the song?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-koishi-]
Hello, I'm new to mapping and have a bit of an issue with the timing of my beatmap after cropping some of the song out. I searched for some answers for a little bit, but I didn't find anything. Probably because of my ignorance to the topic and not knowing how to phrase my question.

So, the song I am working on was around 6m25s long, but it was just a repeat of the first ~3 minutes. I cropped it down to 3m16s so the song can fade out. It was timed properly before, but after I cropped it all of the notes that I have placed so far (about 1m15s worth) ended up being a few milliseconds too early. One thing I have tried is placing the original song back in the beatmap folder, and it was properly timed again. But if I switched back to the shortened song, then it was mistimed.

Is there an easy way to re-time everything so that the map is in sync with the song again, or am I just going to have to restart the entire thing (I wouldn't mind that much if I had to, but I would rather not).

If there is anything that I need to address because I left something out, let me know, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Gorou
You could go to the timing panel, select all the timing points. There will be a thing on the left that allows you to shift all the timing points.

If this isn’t what you wanted I’m sorry ^-^
Topic Starter
[-koishi-]

Cycopton wrote:

You could go to the timing panel, select all the timing points. There will be a thing on the left that allows you to shift all the timing points.

If this isn’t what you wanted I’m sorry ^-^

If you were referring to nudging the map, then that ended up working, but I had to redo the offset at the beginning too. Thanks for the help!