forum

List of .osr replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xsrsbsns
A 'View Replays' screen which shows a list of .osr replays (and replay details) found in the Replays folder.
Maybe a list on the left, and replay details on the right when a replay is selected (actually maybe a tooltip like the one now would be sufficient, but I'd like to at least see the icon (SS/A/B so on) in that screen)

Because: I have quite a number of .osr replays there, and when I'm in the mood of watching some of them, it's hard to choose/view which one I want to watch (I don't rename them, so I don't know the replay details)

I play in fullscreen; I need to get out, find replays in the folder, double click/drag the osr file, get in game to see what it is (sometimes it'll end up being a very old replay that isn't that interesting anymore, or, it wasn't the specific replay I wanted to see at the time, then I have to get back out).. which makes the process a little tiring.
peppy

xsrsbsns wrote:

Because: I have quite a number of .osr replays there, and when I'm in the mood of watching some of them, it's hard to choose/view which one I want to watch (I don't rename them, so I don't know the replay details)
The details are listed in the filename, though? Also, if you are interested in watching your own plays, you know that you can do this from the local ranking list, right?
Krzysiek
peppy
That is the internal store for replays. All of those are accessible in-game from the local rankings list. The "Replays" folder contains human-formatted replay filenames.
Galkan
If I may change the thread of discussion a bit, I'd like to suggest implementing "Watch Replay" button for one's own scores if they're not in top 40, without switching to local scoreboards. Thank You.
Topic Starter
xsrsbsns

peppy wrote:

The details are listed in the filename, though? Also, if you are interested in watching your own plays, you know that you can do this from the local ranking list, right?
Filename has song, difficulty, date and game mode.. I still have to open it to know the used mods, hits, accuracy etc..
Yes I know, but I don't mean the local ranking list (because you have to select a song difficulty to see first)

An example:
1) I suddenly feel like watching some osr replays (those *cough* higher quality replays, that I manually clicked the export osr checkbox because when I achieved them last time, I felt good or thought that I might want to watch it next time).
..but I don't know which song/difficulty that I exported/played well, I'm just gonna see what I find in the folder.

2) so I go to my Replays folder and find this:
3) I don't know what to watch!/I can't really recall what they are! This will be especially confusing if there are multiple replays of the same difficulty. (Sometimes the latest replays of that diff which I saved isn't the best, or is played with different mods).
..so I have to open it from explorer, and take a look from inside osu to know the stats (like mods used and rank icon), which is painful for fullscreens

tl;dr for people - an osr replay list would make it easier to organise osr replays

..or am I the only narcissistic one who use this osr feature?
This is the tiny issue I'm facing, it may not be that big or other people may not face it, but I want to at least get the point across ;)

Edit: @peppy: Alright.
peppy
I understand what you are saying, but don't see a solution for this being implemented anytime soon. May I suggest using the fullscreen toggle shortcut (alt-enter) to exit fullscreen while you are in your replay watching mood for now?