Pog
Akeruyri
Nutte
Yusomi
nice
Dilectus
give this man a raise
iYiyo
Haven't tried it yet, but holy. I love this project. Thanks for all the effort!!

EDIT: After trying it just a bit (Timing Helper and Hitsound Studio) I found it not that friendly to use tbh, also the documentation has too much text and makes it tedious to fully read.

Would suggest to make some short videos (gifs maybe) showing the basic functionalities of each tool. However you might want to wait until you get more feedback so you can improve the gui.
clayton
Creamy Candy
thx
Nagabi
I haven't tried it yet but for me, it may kill joys in mapping
WakaUshee
nice !
hypercyte
this looks rly cool 👀
Hantrik
Thank you OliBomby! Very cool!
NovaTheFaded
When I inevitably want to start making maps this will be useful, thanks!
Telecastic
OMG THANKS
HootOwlStar
nice!
Renumi
dude
Yoges
Can you add:

-Linearity tools
Specifically tools for co-linearity between objects and perfect parallel slider creation relative to other sliders? I do this A LOT in my maps. The only way to achieve this is with bullshit slider scaling or slider drawing by lining up your new slider to an already existing "god slider" that every straight in your map is trying to stay parallel to. I don't use just 1 but I'll use 2 perpendiculars and then and mirrored version of those perpendiculars to increase visual complexity. It's not as complicated as I'm making it sound just look at a few of my maps and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's just needlessly tedious to achieve something so simple right now in the current editor.

-Perfect blanketing tools
Another thing I also do this map is a great example. I'll move a single redundant hitcircle around in the timeline to create layers and layers of perfectly blanketed curved sliders overlapping each other (by using the approach circle of the circle and the hitcircle itself) and delete the circle when I'm done. A tool that would just let me pick a point on the play field, select a slider, click blanket and then drag the slider around to a position of content with it being perfectly blanketed to the selected point would be godsend.

You can imagine how flexible these 2 tools would be and how quickly you can create more structural depth in maps with a lot of the needless tediousness eliminated.
Topic Starter
OliBomby

Yoges wrote:

Can you add:

-Linearity tools
Specifically tools for co-linearity between objects and perfect parallel slider creation relative to other sliders? I do this A LOT in my maps. The only way to achieve this is with bullshit slider scaling or slider drawing by lining up your new slider to an already existing "god slider" that every straight in your map is trying to stay parallel to. I don't use just 1 but I'll use 2 perpendiculars and then and mirrored version of those perpendiculars to increase visual complexity. It's not as complicated as I'm making it sound just look at a few of my maps and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's just needlessly tedious to achieve something so simple right now in the current editor.

-Perfect blanketing tools
Another thing I also do this map is a great example. I'll move a single redundant hitcircle around in the timeline to create layers and layers of perfectly blanketed curved sliders overlapping each other (by using the approach circle of the circle and the hitcircle itself) and delete the circle when I'm done. A tool that would just let me pick a point on the play field, select a slider, click blanket and then drag the slider around to a position of content with it being perfectly blanketed to the selected point would be godsend.

You can imagine how flexible these 2 tools would be and how quickly you can create more structural depth in maps with a lot of the needless tediousness eliminated.

Yeah I was planning to make a tool that handles all of this. It's what I meant with "Tool that helps you make perfect patterns while mapping". It's gonna help you make symmetries and object relations by snapping your mouse to lines and points. There's gonna be a list of geometries that you can activate and it will probably have blankets and parallel things aswell.
SeeNaRee
we dont deserve u
oSumAtrIX
I love what you plan with sliders <3 thank you so much
nazaa123
lewski
the program won't start after the latest update

things I've tried:

- installing in appdata
- installing in program files x86
- installing in program files
- installing in a different folder
- installing on a different drive
- downloading and unpacking the zipped version

I've tried to run the program both with and without admin privileges in each scenario, and every time, the program just appears suspended in Task Manager for a few seconds and disappears.

Anyone know a fix?
Topic Starter
OliBomby

lewski wrote:

the program won't start after the latest update

things I've tried:

- installing in appdata
- installing in program files x86
- installing in program files
- installing in a different folder
- installing on a different drive
- downloading and unpacking the zipped version

I've tried to run the program both with and without admin privileges in each scenario, and every time, the program just appears suspended in Task Manager for a few seconds and disappears.

Anyone know a fix?

Due to a little oversight in the latest update the program crashed on startup for new users. A fix will be here ASAP.
minatoaqua1
Thank you so much for saving my map after it got corrupted in a bsod i love you. The backups really helped a ton.
sisig
when storyboard editor
Topic Starter
OliBomby

Sisig wrote:

when storyboard editor

I wasn't planning on making a storyboard editor, because something like that is a lot of work and storybrew already exists. Also I'm not a storyboarder, so I don't feel qualified to make a tool for storyboarders.
Ikira
When Slider Generator uwu
Topic Starter
OliBomby

Ikira wrote:

When Slider Generator uwu

There are some kind of slider generator coming :)
okay lol
Do you have any goals/expectations for when the Sliderator tool will be released?

Really excited!

Topic Starter
OliBomby

okay lol wrote:

Do you have any goals/expectations for when the Sliderator tool will be released?

Really excited!

Sliderator is already pretty far in development. UI and stuff is mostly done and just today I got the prototype version of the algorithm. At the current rate it's going it could be released before new years.
daze16
It's a great tool, but I would recommend uploading or backing up beatmaps before using. The slider merger sometimes pops up a message saying 0 sliders merged, then deletes every object in the beatmap and saves the file.
Topic Starter
OliBomby

daze16 wrote:

It's a great tool, but I would recommend uploading or backing up beatmaps before using. The slider merger sometimes pops up a message saying 0 sliders merged, then deletes every object in the beatmap and saves the file.

That's a problem with editor reader, you can disable editor reader in the preferences. Because of how inconsistent the issue is I still can't find a fix, but at least you have automatic backups with Mapping Tools! You can open the backups folder using the Options menu.
Topic Starter
OliBomby
I made a fix that should prevent all your hit objects disappearing when Editor Reader malfunctions. I know it is still possible for it to randomly stop working. If that ever happens to you please send me a memory dump of osu!, so we might be able to fix it for the future. As a short term solution, restarting your pc seems to fix it.

Sliderator has some delays. I'm relying on on Karoo to make the best variable velocity slider algorithm, but he is pretty slow. I might work on some other stuff while that is going on.
Drum-Hitnormal
Property Transformer is very nice.

I had 320kbps audio , made all my SV then realise i need 192kpbs and offset changed.
Drum-Hitnormal
Suggestion for Metadata Manager:

1) "Import from" when a map is selected, also change the "export metadata to" path to be same.

2) Add a button to export to ALL ".osu" files found in same folder as "export metadata to".

I believe people are more often editing metadata of same map rather than different map of same song.
This change should make user experience better.
Topic Starter
OliBomby

dudehacker wrote:

Suggestion for Metadata Manager:

1) "Import from" when a map is selected, also change the "export metadata to" path to be same.

2) Add a button to export to ALL ".osu" files found in same folder as "export metadata to".

I believe people are more often editing metadata of same map rather than different map of same song.
This change should make user experience better.

You'd usually import the metadata from one map and then export it to all difficulties in the set. I think you didn't notice that you can select multiple beatmaps for the "export metadata to" box :)
Drum-Hitnormal
Ah i didn't know multi selection was there. Thanks.

But now it looks weird to have all the files in 1 line in the export field. I can't tell if i had everything selected properly.
https://i.imgur.com/l5pf7pZ.png

Actually, i think the export field only needs to show the folder, not the full path with filename.
Because Metadata should be same for all according to RC, there is no point in exporting to only 1 file.
so it would be easier just change export once import field is selected, then user just need press the apply button and be done, instead of selecting 1 or more files for export field.

Also when i click the the export folder button, the default path is not the currently selected folder from import or export. something wrong with cache?

btw, the icon looks like download but its actually currently listening song in osu editor. i think changing the icon and/or add tooltip would be helpful
i suggest this: https://material.io/resources/icons/?search=music&icon=music_note&style=baseline

The apply button is using "play" icon from media control, kinda weird too.
I think check mark would be more fitting , or just have "Apply" in text instead of icon.
https://material.io/resources/icons/?icon=done&style=baseline
Topic Starter
OliBomby

dudehacker wrote:

Ah i didn't know multi selection was there. Thanks.

But now it looks weird to have all the files in 1 line in the export field. I can't tell if i had everything selected properly.
https://i.imgur.com/l5pf7pZ.png

Actually, i think the export field only needs to show the folder, not the full path with filename.
Because Metadata should be same for all according to RC, there is no point in exporting to only 1 file.
so it would be easier just change export once import field is selected, then user just need press the apply button and be done, instead of selecting 1 or more files for export field.

Also when i click the the export folder button, the default path is not the currently selected folder from import or export. something wrong with cache?

btw, the icon looks like download but its actually currently listening song in osu editor. i think changing the icon and/or add tooltip would be helpful
i suggest this: https://material.io/resources/icons/?search=music&icon=music_note&style=baseline

The apply button is using "play" icon from media control, kinda weird too.
I think check mark would be more fitting , or just have "Apply" in text instead of icon.
https://material.io/resources/icons/?icon=done&style=baseline

Thanks for the feedback!

I see your point with all the files in 1 line, but I can't think of a better alternative right now.

The export folder must still be a bunch of file paths, because it is possible that you have multiple songs in one mapset, so I can't force Metadata Manager to only work on complete folders.
It does make sense to open the folder from the import path when you browse for the export path. Right now there is a option in Preferences which controls whether the browse button opens the current beatmap or the last opened folder.

Changing the icon for the button for getting the currently listening song in osu! with a music note is a good idea and I'll definitely add tooltips.

I think the "play" icon for the run button is still good. Its consistent with all the other tools meaning it "plays" the program.
Drum-Hitnormal
I didn't think about the possibility of having multiple songs in same folder, because that is not rankeable.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I just saw "step 1. File -> open map" in menu in "Get Started" , didn't know this before.

But i feel like this step is extra/unnecessary when the user is only using the metadata editor.

when you click the "Import metadata" button, this can also call the function used in File-> open map
Which makes it easier when you try to set the export path.

For the multiple exports, I see 2 solutions.

1) you add a small number on the play button that indicates how many files you are exporting to.
https://material-ui.com/components/badges/

2) use a list for the export map
something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/7RQor9u.png
Topic Starter
OliBomby

dudehacker wrote:

I didn't think about the possibility of having multiple songs in same folder, because that is not rankeable.

I just saw "step 1. File -> open map" in menu in "Get Started" , didn't know this before.

But i feel like this step is extra/unnecessary when the user is only using the metadata editor.

when you click the "Import metadata" button, this can also call the function used in File-> open map
Which makes it easier when you try to set the export path.

For the multiple exports, I see 2 solutions.

1) you add a small number on the play button that indicates how many files you are exporting to.
https://material-ui.com/components/badges/

2) use a list for the export map
something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/7RQor9u.png

I'll rethink the Get Started steps, because telling you to use [File -> open map] is kinda outdated. Before there weren't any tools which didn't use the current beatmap.

The export path and the import path are related in Metadata Manager in a way that they probably go to the same folder, so I might make an exception for default folder in such cases. I think that is better than setting the current beatmap in a tool which doesn't use current beatmap.
But if you set the import path with the browse button then that location should also be what you get when you browse for the export path, because that was the last folder in the file explorer, so I don't know exactly what your problem is with the current system. If this is not what happens in your instance, then try disabling the "Current beatmap default folder in all tools" option in the preferences.

For the multiple exports, your suggestion gave me the idea to always show the number of maps for any field that can take multiple paths. It also visually implies which fields can take multiple paths. So I implemented that for the next update.
Drum-Hitnormal
"disabling the "Current beatmap default folder in all tools" option in the preferences."
this works, thank you
show more