forum

[STD] Dio's Bizarre Fall Classic [2.5k-20k BWS][1v1][Regs Closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
D I O
Congratulations to neuro for winning first place, earning a badge, 4 months of supporter, and $50! Congratulations as well to Civil oath and Tohru for winning second and third place!

1. 1v1, international, ScoreV2, Head-to-Head.
  2. 1 rank range: Rank 2,500-20,000 BWS, no rank buffer.
  3. 1 ban per player from Group Stage-RO16, 2 bans per player from QF onward. The winner of the roll bans second and picks first.
  4. Group Stage/RO64 - BO7; RO32/RO16 - BO9; QF/SF - BO11; F/GF - BO13
  5. Warmups allowed in RO32 and onwards, less than 4 minutes.
  6. Maps from the same mod pool cannot be picked twice in a row by the same player unless they are from the nomod pool.
  7. All winner's bracket matches from Quarterfinals onwards will be streamed. Additionally, all loser's bracket matches from the same week as winner's bracket Finals will be streamed.
  8. Going for badge. Supporter and cash prizes, with cash prizes doubled if used on official JJBA merch.

1. This is a 1v1, ScoreV2, osu! standard tournament played on Head-to-Head.
  2. This is an international tournament.
  3. The rank range is Rank 2,500-20,000, with BWS applied and no rank buffer (more info below if you don't know what BWS is).
  4. All players must stay within the rank range until the first qualifier lobby starts.
  5. The tournament will have a qualifiers stage first, then the top 32-80 players move on to either a group stage or double elimination bracket stage.
  6. If there are 128 or fewer registrations, there will be a bracket stage of 64-32 players after qualifiers. If there are more than 128 registrations, there will be a group stage of 80 players after qualifiers, followed by a double elimination bracket, starting with RO32.
  7. There will be a bracket reset in the Grand Finals if necessary.
  8. The bracket stage will follow traditional seeding as follows: #1 vs. #64, #2 vs. #63, etc.
  9. Match schedules and mappools will be released on Monday before those matches are played.
  10. All times are in UTC. Find your own time zone here. Alternatively, the current time in UTC is displayed on the main spreadsheet.
  11. Joining the discord server is mandatory. Your registration will NOT be counted if you do not do so.
  12. Refs, Mappool Selectors, and Admins are NOT allowed to play in the tournament. However, commentators and streamers ARE allowed to play.
  13. The winner of the roll bans second and picks first.
  14. Warmups are allowed in RO32 and onwards but must be less than 4 minutes (open to ref discretion except in streamed matches).
  15. Players can not pick a map from the same mod category twice in a row, unless it is nomod.
  16. All winner's bracket matches from Quarterfinals onwards will be streamed. Additionally, all loser's bracket matches from the same week as winner's bracket Finals will be streamed.

1. All players in both winner's and loser's brackets will play on the same mappool each week.
  2. There will be separate map pools for Qualifiers, Group Stage/RO64, RO32, RO16, QF, SF, Finals, and Grand Finals. Mappool format will be as follows:
  3. Qualifiers: 3 No Mod/2 Hidden/ 2 Hard Rock/2 Double Time
  4. Group Stage/RO64: 4 No Mod/2 Hidden/2 Hard Rock/3 Double Time/2 Free Mod and a tiebreaker.
  5. RO32 / RO16: 5 No Mod/2 Hidden/2 Hard Rock/3 Double Time/3 Free Mod and a tiebreaker.
  6. QF / SF: 5 No Mod/3 Hidden/3 Hard Rock/4 Double Time/4 Free Mod and a tiebreaker.
  7. F / GF: 7 No Mod/3 Hidden/3 Hard Rock/4 Double Time/4 Free Mod a tiebreaker.
  8. Finals and Grand Finals will NOT be using the same pool.

1. Registrations: July 2nd - August 9th 23:59 UTC
  2. 1-2 week buffer for screening
  3. Qualifiers: August 23rd - August 26th
If there are more than 128 registrations:
  1. Group Stage Week 1: August 30th - September 2nd
  2. Group Stage Week 2: September 6th - September 9th
  3. RO32: September 13th - September 16th
  4. RO16 and LB1: September 20th - September 23rd
  5. QF and LB2&3: September 27th - September 30th
  6. SF and LB4&5: October 4th - October 7th
  7. Finals and LB6&7: October 11th - October 14th
  8. Grand Finals and LB Finals: October 18th - October 21st
If there are 128 or fewer registrations:
  1. RO64: August 30th - September 2nd
  2. RO32 and LB1: September 6th - September 9th
  3. RO16 and LB2&3: September 13th - September 16th
  4. QF and LB4&5: September 20th - September 23rd
  5. SF and LB6&7: September 27th - September 30th
  6. Finals and LB8&9: October 4th - October 7th
  7. Grand Finals and LB Finals: October 11th - October 14th

Badge for the winner!
Hopefully, as long as osu! staff says everything ran smoothly.

Additional Prizes

1. 1st Place: 4 months of supporter, and either $50USD OR any Jojo merch up to $100USD
  2. 2nd Place: 2 months of supporter, and either $20USD OR any Jojo merch up to $40USD
  3. 3rd Place: 1 month of supporter, and either $10USD OR any Jojo merch up to $20USD

1. There will be qualifier lobbies open throughout the qualification weekend; players can sign up for whichever lobby fits their schedule.
  2. Each lobby can hold up to 15 players.
  3. Each lobby will have 1 assigned referee.
  4. The lobby will play through the entire map pool once, and your score after every map will be recorded.
  5. Failed scores will count.
  6. Players are not directly competing with the other players in their lobby.
  7. Players will be given points based on their performance on each qualifier map. The best score on a map earns a player 1 point, the second best 2 points, etc.
  8. Players' points on each map are added up to produce a total point score.
  9. The players with the lowest total point scores will advance to either Group Stage or RO64

1. A referee will make the lobby 15 minutes before the match. Players must be online to receive their invites.
  2. If a player does not show up by 10 minutes after the scheduled match start time, they lose their ban(s).
  3. If a player does not show up by 15 minutes after the scheduled match start time, they forfeit the match and are blacklisted from the next iteration of Dio's Bizarre Tournaments.
  4. If a player gives prior notice that they cannot make their match, staff will attempt to reschedule the match with their opponent. However, there is no guarantee a reschedule will be successful. Additionally, staff will not blacklist the player from the next iteration of Dio's Bizarre Tournaments.
  5. Each player gets 1 ban from RO64 to RO16 and 2 bans from QF to GF. Banned maps are effectively removed from the mappool for that match.
  6. Both players can ban 2 maps of the same mod pool. However, from QF to GF, a player may not use both their bans on the same mod pool unless they double-ban nomod.
  7. Each player has 120 seconds to pick/ban a map. After the choice has been made, players have 30 seconds to ready up for the map.
  8. Failed scores will count.
  9. In the case of a genuine disconnection in the first 30 seconds of the map, the map may be replayed. This can only be used once in a match per player. If a player disconnects on the same map twice in a row or on two different maps, they must deal with the consequences of their disconnect. This rule is to prevent abuse through manually leaving the game after missing on a map.
  10. On FM, both players must use Hidden, Hard Rock, Easy, and/or Flashlight.
  11. Scores with the Easy modification will be multiplied by 1.75.
  12. You are allowed to use, but not required, to use any of the above mods on the tiebreaker.

1. In the event of a group stage, there will be 16 groups of 5 players, with the top 2 players from each group advancing to the subsequent RO32.
  2. A referee will make the lobby 15 minutes before the match. Players must be online to receive their invites.
  3. If a player does not show up by 10 minutes after the scheduled match start time, they lose the match.
  4. Each player gets 1 ban. Banned maps are effectively removed from the mappool for that match.
  5. Both Players can ban 2 maps of the same mod pool.
  6. Each player has 120 seconds to pick/ban a map. After the choice has been made, players have 30 seconds to ready up for the map.
  7. Failed scores will count.
  8. In the case of a genuine disconnection in the first 30 seconds of the map, the map may be replayed. This can only be used once in a match per player. If a player disconnects on the same map twice in a row or on two different maps, they must deal with the consequences of their disconnect. This rule is to prevent abuse through manually leaving the game after missing on a map.
  9. On FM, both players must use Hidden, Hard Rock, Easy, and/or Flashlight.
  10. Scores with the Easy modification will be multiplied by 1.75.
  11. You are allowed to use, but not required, to use any of the above mods on the tiebreaker.

1. BWS, or Badge Weighting Seeding, is a method that seeds players more accurately based on the number of badges they have, and enforces rank restrictions based on the player's number of badges.
  2. In other words, BWS "ranks up" players based on the number of badges they have.
  3. In terms of how much a player ranks up per badge, each badge is worth more than the one before it.
  4. The formula (originally by steve_04, but modified to be more aggressive) is as follows:
    BWS rank = rank^(0.99^(badges*(badges+2)/2))
  5. The rank cap is 1.00 BWS. You cannot go further than this.
  6. This is not a measure of skill. Read the first bullet point again.
  7. Sample values of the BWS formula can be found here.

Hosts: Dios Dong, tigereyes144

Admins: ill onion, Jessechugaga, nik

Spreadsheets: Dios Dong, LeoFLT

Graphics: Jessechugaga

Mappool Selectors: Bakugo-, Dios Dong, dqwed ,Jessechugaga, nik, tigereyes144

Mappool Playtesters: Abrown516, LolForest, ruyunata, ThePro365, trevrasher

Streamers: bart6003, DanX, Dios Dong, Emilia-tan, Withered Lotus, Yeong Yuseong

Commentators: Bakugo-, bart6003, Dios Dong, ItsKarasmic, Jessechugaga, Pictures, tigereyes144, Xassie, Withered Lotus, Yeong Yuseong

Referees: Asasyn01, Bakugo-, bart6003, Cindergoat, clorox_1g, DanX, deflateddolphin, Dios Dong, Emilia-tan, ill onion, Inquisitives, Jessechugaga, LeoFLT, melwoine, nik, NKJ, Snipe The Neko, Soulskyeflare, tigereyes144, Yeong Yuseong, Zertus

If you want to help with the tournament, either with staffing or donations, feel free to DM Dio's Dong#8800 or tigereyes144#5062 on Discord.
tigereyes144
HYPEEEEE
Topic Starter
D I O
Pog
nik
wtf
Topic Starter
D I O
ur greek now

get used to it
Elzix
ORA ORA ORA ORA
Karasmic
I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream that I know is just.
Topic Starter
D I O
mappool sizes updated

NIGERUNDAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Topic Starter
D I O
additionally, updated that finals and GF/LBF will play on separate pools
stacker
IM POGGING OUT OF MY SEAT
Topic Starter
D I O
KEEP POGGING BRO
Topic Starter
D I O
btw check prizes if you're on the fence about joining
deflateddolphin
I don't even like this anime, I just like dios dong
Jessechugaga
Dio's Bizarre FC
Topic Starter
D I O
imagine full comboing in tournament.

also I updated the forum post for consistency cause a couple minor things were contradictory
Elzix

deflateddolphin wrote:

I don't even like this anime, I just like dios dong

blocked
Topic Starter
D I O
imagine not like jjba but still staffing this tournament
Topic Starter
D I O
Regs close in less than 3 days! getting close to starting