forum

Chernobyl reached 9,9/10 on IMDb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

There would be no possible way to imagine a better series finale.
Plini
too slow for me, tried watching it twice and almost fell asleep both times.
abraker
huh
Westonini
never heard of it
GSG95

Westonini wrote:

never heard of it
levesterz
Someday i wish thats my living place
KatouMegumi
福島市
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

Plini wrote:

too slow for me, tried watching it twice and almost fell asleep both times.

That means you only like a movie that has action in it.
I bet you fall asleep if you watch Interstellar too, which is too bad because most amazing movie usually don't have a lot of action in it.

I don't understand why you didn't feel the tension while watching this movie.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
To each his own
Plini

TheLegendaryHD wrote:

That means you only like a movie that has action in it.
I bet you fall asleep if you watch Interstellar too, which is too bad because most amazing movie usually don't have a lot of action in it.
Actually no, i like slow movies and i like Interstellar, besides being a slow movie, it has amazing soundtrack. There is no doubt Hans Zimmer did an incredible job in that movie (won an oscar for best original soundtrack). Also it won an oscar for his incredible special effects and a shit-ton of other awards.

'The Revenant', another slow movie and the one in which DiCaprio won his 1st oscar. I adore it, every part in which there was no plot being explained, it filled you with a beautiful atmosphere and incredible sound mixing. I can assure you i got immersed with the character that DiCaprio played in the movie even if the plot sucked and was almost generic.

'There Will Be Blood'? MASTAPEECE. The MC is really nuts and Daniel Day-Lewis is an incredible actor, he appears in the whole movie, and even when he's not on the screen, you ALWAYS have him in your mind expecting what he's gonna do next. Astonishing storywriting and direction. It is a slow movie, btw.

So, what does Chernobyl has to offer me? I can't see a shit with all the dark ambience, the sound sucks (i use those binaural sounds for studying actually), there is no character to grow attached to, just a bunch of stupid and negligent people. It was inevitable for me to not fall asleep.

With that said, i'll correct myself. Chernobyl is slow, but is also boring.

I'm gonna watch it anyways at sometime, but im pretty sure its overrated. It came right after GoT S8 ending that left a ton of people disillusioned. Shit, even myself would find every movie to be a masterpiece and a 9+ after watching that vomit inducing ending.
abraker
The Revenant is not really slow. It has slow parts, but I wouldn't call it slow. If you want slow, watch 2001: Space Odyssey
ColdTooth
shit movie