posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Senrey

WIP SECTION

31/05/2019
ranking letters

Simple style, colorful for the highest ranks and white for the rest.

Topic Starter
Senrey

WIP SECTION

01/06/2019 -
Song selection screen

Almost done! I was not sure where I wanted to go at the beginning. NEBULA had to have character, to be recognizable at first glance, to be original, modern and colorful. After several tries, I finally chose a strong graphic style. Games of shadows and transparency, and small neon effect at the top that I found rather nice. I'm already working on the back button animation at the moment! /o/

02/06/2019 -
Mods icons: Clean style

Just finished the mods icons! I hesitated between several styles but I finally kept this one, which agrees well with the rest of the skin!

04/06/2019 -
Mods icons: Graphic style

I had not planned to make two versions of the mods. But looking at the first I felt that I needed to go further in the theme. I am rather satisfied with this version, which corresponds more to the idea of the skin. In all cases, both versions will be available !

Gameplay: Galaxy hitcercle

The heart of the gameplay. I admit to having spent a lot of time finding a hitcercle that is both easy to read, original and unique. After several gameplay tests, this is the final result.

Gameplay:Pass & Fail

I wanted something in the NEBULA theme and at the same time a bit different from what we are used to seeing. I found that clipping the signs in a circle was a good reference to the game itself ^^

05/06/2019 -
Gameplay: Clean hitcircle & Jewel hitcircle

It's funny to see that there is always improvisation in the realization of a project. During the creation of the hit circles I tried several variants, and these two have retained my attention in addition to the "galaxy hitcircle". One is clean which allows to better read the gameplay, the other remains discreet while bringing a nice gold texture.
Here are the 3 hitcircles which will be available for customization!

06/06/2019 -
Gameplay: Spinner

First I took a little time to understand the usefulness of some spinner files, but finally it's pretty simple. The spinner takes the theme of the skin, with a colorful center that does not interfere too much with the gameplay while providing visual feedback. I may make some changes!

Gameplay: Hitcircles sounds

I want hitcircles sounds to be pretty basic, but efficients. I chose 1 main, and 2 side ones that are often used but that I find very nice. Actually some beatmaps have a greater variety of sounds than others, and it's always cool to have a rhythm well worked. The problem is that on these maps, many skins mix sounds incoherently, which is rather unfortunate. I want to avoid that at all costs. So, after a long hour of testing, I managed to get a pretty nice harmony that adapts to the majority of maps! /o/
This will be the "enhanced version". For those who like simples hit sounds, there will be a "classique version" with only one hitsound available for customization.

07/06/2019 -
Gameplay: Hits 50 & 100

For the animation I wanted something simple but unique. This is clearly not the main element of the gameplay, so it must remain discreet. The numbers are small, white, with a small characteristic animation.

Ranking letters 2

These one can be found on the pannel ranking. I really had fun doing them! I wanted something that really feels like being rewarded. Something you say to yourself "Wow, I played so well that my -S- rank is gold plated and a galaxy is reflected in it."

Gameplay : Scorebar

For the scorebar I wanted it to remain both discreet not to interfere with the gameplay, but also visible from the corner of the eye. So I reduced it while keeping the theme colors that are quite saturated, and I think it works well. I have also integrated a folder with the font and the PSD, so it will be available for customization!

08/06/2019 -
Pause & fail screens

The pause and fails screens are quite simple and fit pretty well into the skin theme! I have hesitated a lot but I thought that the best was to take the idea of triangles found in the menu. For the fail screen I just lowered the overall saturation ^^

10/06/2019 -
Ranking panel

I did not expect to suffer so much on the ranking panel. The theme is, the colors, but I was afraid to do too much or not enough. I think I have arrived at a good compromise :)

ZakGamez
I'm looking forward to this skin. It looks really good. Keep it up. :)
Topic Starter
Senrey

ZakGamez wrote:

I'm looking forward to this skin. It looks really good. Keep it up. :)

Ty! I will do my best :)
SickOTF
Can't wait to test it i love colorful skins
NeeXxoR
These first images are very exciting, can't wait to discover the rest
_Pillow
Looking forward to this skin. Hope you make a mania variation
Ayayano
Holy shit this looks amazing! I cant wait for the gameplay!
vexsu
Looking good so far, can't wait to see the gameplay :)
vanilllaaa
cant wait
SebstiansGold
Amazing!!!
Mush Ao
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
5eba5
wait what
BelastendAF
The round back button looks kinda awful. It's like a 2013 skin. Please make it more seamless or more materialistic!
Topic Starter
Senrey

BelastendAF wrote:

The round back button looks kinda awful. It's like a 2013 skin. Please make it more seamless or more materialistic!

I take it in consideration! I Thanks for the feedback!
Merami Fox
will the hitcircle base off of combo color or will they be solid color always, based on the way they seem, combo color might not work for it, what do i know tho?
Topic Starter
Senrey

bommy985 wrote:

will the hitcircle base off of combo color or will they be solid color always, based on the way they seem, combo color might not work for it, what do i know tho?

They'll be 3 combo colors applied on. Blue, light green and purple ^^
DariusOMG3210
please do more fast,you where capting my attention,do it fast!Plzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FarrasNaufal
Amazing skin
SickOTF
Can we get some update? When we can expect skin to be released?
Topic Starter
Senrey

SickOTF wrote:

Can we get some update? When we can expect skin to be released?

I was quite busy yesterday so I could only work on it tonight. The time to polish some details, I think the skin will be released Wednesday !
Topic Starter
Senrey

Available! :)

Matt2e2
Amazing work for your first skin! Although, I could not help but find a few issues or nitpicks with it:
  1. Quite a weird word choice for mode-osu and mode-osu-med, in my opinion. I'd rather use STANDARD or OSU, although, I guess this is just a nitpick.
  2. I like the idea of making the buttons more compact so that they don't take as much space for no reason, but doing something like this can cause issues in the editor and beatmap options. As shown here. I'd suggest making them a bit larger or just normal size.
  3. The skin.ini Version is set to 2.0. Keep in mind, the version variable is NOT like the Name and Author variables. In short, skin.ini versions are there for compatibility purposes, so that osu! knows when you're using an older skin, which might've been meant for an older client. I recommend setting it to 2.5 or latest (it's pretty much the same thing as of now).
  4. Due to the fact that the skin.ini version is set to 2.0, there's no thumbnail support for the beatmap carrousel and the beatmap difficulty meter (the stars) looks different. Meaning it looks like this, when it probably should look like this. Also, on maps that have a small ranking letter on them, or that have a small mode icon on them, the text and stars are shifted, putting one of the stars outside the notch on the button background, like this.
  5. *More nitpicking incoming.* I like the way you've formatted the skin.ini file. But why are there only lines in between the sections under [General]? And under [Colours], you've set MenuGlow twice, meaning that only the bottom variable will be used. "//Menu//" has no spaces between the slashes and the section name. There isn't a blank line between "// Slider //" and "// Menu //". Neither in between the sections under [Fonts]. Before I list too many things, here's a fixed up skin.ini, if you want. (Doesn't affect much in-game, other than the version fix, but it helps with readability.)
  6. On the ranking panel, I've noticed that the hitbursts are aligned on the right side. This doesn't exactly look right in my opinion, since you don't read the text from right to left. I'd prefer it if the hitbursts were center-aligned or aligned on the left side. This is, again, probably just a nitpick though.
  7. I don't see why FAIL-BACKGROUND@2x is written with all-caps. The rest of the files all have lowercase letters.

These don't affect gameplay at all. But I think fixing them would benefit the skin quite a bit.
Topic Starter
Senrey

Matt2e2 wrote:

Amazing work for your first skin! Although, I could not help but find a few issues or nitpicks with it:
  1. Quite a weird word choice for mode-osu and mode-osu-med, in my opinion. I'd rather use STANDARD or OSU, although, I guess this is just a nitpick. I will change it!
  2. I like the idea of making the buttons more compact so that they don't take as much space for no reason, but doing something like this can cause issues in the editor and beatmap options. As shown here. I'd suggest making them a bit larger or just normal size. Agreed!
  3. The skin.ini Version is set to 2.0. Keep in mind, the version variable is NOT like the Name and Author variables. In short, skin.ini versions are there for compatibility purposes, so that osu! knows when you're using an older skin, which might've been meant for an older client. I recommend setting it to 2.5 or latest (it's pretty much the same thing as of now). I confess to having a little hesitation. From what I saw, 2.0 means that the new skin system is used. Above, the other modes are skinned but it is not the case ...
  4. Due to the fact that the skin.ini version is set to 2.0, there's no thumbnail support for the beatmap carrousel and the beatmap difficulty meter (the stars) looks different. Meaning it looks like this, when it probably should look like this. Also, on maps that have a small ranking letter on them, or that have a small mode icon on them, the text and stars are shifted, putting one of the stars outside the notch on the button background, like this.You're right. I did not know that the presence of thumbnails was related to the version of the skin. However I thought it was not that awkward to see circles superimposed on the overlay, so I left it
  5. *More nitpicking incoming.* I like the way you've formatted the skin.ini file. But why are there only lines in between the sections under [General]? And under [Colours], you've set MenuGlow twice, meaning that only the bottom variable will be used. "//Menu//" has no spaces between the slashes and the section name. There isn't a blank line between "// Slider //" and "// Menu //". Neither in between the sections under [Fonts]. Before I list too many things, here's a fixed up skin.ini, if you want. (Doesn't affect much in-game, other than the version fix, but it helps with readability.) Thanks for the file! Actually this is not my Skin.ini template, but Komori's N O E L V5's one since I found his file clear enough ^^'
  6. On the ranking panel, I've noticed that the hitbursts are aligned on the right side. This doesn't exactly look right in my opinion, since you don't read the text from right to left. I'd prefer it if the hitbursts were center-aligned or aligned on the left side. This is, again, probably just a nitpick though. Well seen
  7. I don't see why FAIL-BACKGROUND@2x is written with all-caps. The rest of the files all have lowercase letters. Surely a mistake x)

These don't affect gameplay at all. But I think fixing them would benefit the skin quite a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to check all these things <3
atturbo555
So it's looking nice eyes-candy skin. nice work.
POG
SanaeFrost_DELETED
owo
RockRoller
Here is my feedback aswell:
  1. the bar of the song selection buttons looks really uneven. Especially on the start of selection-options and wherer the frame around the userinfo ends.
  2. The toppart looks quite weird. you can see the default line of the toppart. The default map info buttons also doesn't fit well, you shold rather use a custom one. You can also clearly see where the glow ends, because it has a sharp edge. Its really noticeable on song with long titles
  3. custom boxes for search are nice, but they will [url=https://puu.sh/DF0nR/2f7427feaf.png]break[/url} once you actuall type something
  4. Matt allready said that short buttons don't work well. But the buttons itself just looks bad, no matter if long or short, yours doesn't really fit the theme.
  5. why is there a short part of the background of the bottompart visible
  6. The []url=https://puu.sh/DF0sF/d2d81665d5.png]text on the RP[/url] looks offcenter, its too high.
  7. the allignment of the hitbursts and the numbers is weird, mainly because the space between them is uneven.
  8. this little spike looks really weird, because it breaks the glow
  9. the back button has this weird glowing edge, which is really noticeable when you scroll on the RP.
  10. why has the menu-background an anime girl on it?
  11. the followpoints look really uneven, as if they are too short to fully reach eachother.
  12. the sound for hovering over the buttons on pause/failscreen is just awful
  13. I would prefer a default cursor that has a bigger contrast compared to the skin. It really blends in during gameplay imo
  14. there is no need for an @2x menu background. No matter what size it is, it will get scaled to the screens size anyways. Just delete the SD and remove the @2x from the 1080p one. This should bring the skin size down by a bit.
  15. don't use .wav files for long sounds like applause (53seconds and 18MB), Failsound (7seconds and 2.37MB). And don't use mp3 for these sounds. Interface sounds should always be .wav, unless they are long, then they should be mp3 to save some space. About 1/3 of your skins size if for sounds, you should try to minimize that a bit.
  16. You should try programms like pinga to get your filesize down in general. 122MB is quite a bit.

This should be everything, I hope I didn't overlooked some part.
Topic Starter
Senrey

RockRoller wrote:

Here is my feedback aswell:
  1. the bar of the song selection buttons looks really uneven. Especially on the start of selection-options and wherer the frame around the userinfo ends. I see what you mean. I wanted to simulate highlights but it could be better
  2. The toppart looks quite weird. you can see the default line of the toppart. The default map info buttons also doesn't fit well, you shold rather use a custom one. You can also clearly see where the glow ends, because it has a sharp edge. Its really noticeable on song with long titles Right. I don't know if I'll succeed to fix that though!
  3. custom boxes for search are nice, but they will [url=https://puu.sh/DF0nR/2f7427feaf.png]break[/url} once you actuall type something. Right
  4. Matt allready said that short buttons don't work well. But the buttons itself just looks bad, no matter if long or short, yours doesn't really fit the theme. Yup, I did not really care about that element but I'll fix it
  5. why is there a short part of the background of the bottompart visible I hid it with the back button but it broke the ranking panel. So I tried with the mode one without success. I'll have to try something else :)
  6. The []url=https://puu.sh/DF0sF/d2d81665d5.png]text on the RP[/url] looks offcenter, its too high. I'll fix it
  7. the allignment of the hitbursts and the numbers is weird, mainly because the space between them is uneven. I do not find it weird ^^ "
  8. this little spike looks really weird, because it breaks the glow There's glow on too!On the other hand maybe i should cut the transparent background
  9. the back button has this weird glowing edge, which is really noticeable when you scroll on the RP.
  10. why has the menu-background an anime girl on it? Why not? Customization folder has 5 others background whose 3 neutral one. Anime background are still in the colors theme though
  11. the followpoints look really uneven, as if they are too short to fully reach eachother. I'll add some .png
  12. the sound for hovering over the buttons on pause/failscreen is just awful Forgot to replace them ^^
  13. I would prefer a default cursor that has a bigger contrast compared to the skin. It really blends in during gameplay imo It's understandable, I said myself the same thing at first but after many tests with a friend, we had no problem on that side!
  14. there is no need for an @2x menu background. No matter what size it is, it will get scaled to the screens size anyways. Just delete the SD and remove the @2x from the 1080p one. This should bring the skin size down by a bit. k
  15. don't use .wav files for long sounds like applause (53seconds and 18MB), Failsound (7seconds and 2.37MB). And don't use mp3 for these sounds. Interface sounds should always be .wav, unless they are long, then they should be mp3 to save some space. About 1/3 of your skins size if for sounds, you should try to minimize that a bit. k
  16. You should try programms like pinga to get your filesize down in general. 122MB is quite a bit.
Do you have a link?

This should be everything, I hope I didn't overlooked some part.

Thanks for taking the time to write that feedback! (replies in the quote)
BetaTester704
Skin still does not display correctly.

Looks exactly like it did before.
Topic Starter
Senrey

BetaTester704 wrote:

Skin still does not display correctly.

Looks exactly like it did before.

What's your resolution? :/
Ayayano
Oh shit I forgot about this skin and didnt get a chance to try it, now I have to wait two weeks to get back to my pc by which time I will have forgotten again
:/
Edit: looks really premium I cant wait
Topic Starter
Senrey

[Arc] wrote:

Oh shit I forgot about this skin and didnt get a chance to try it, now I have to wait two weeks to get back to my pc by which time I will have forgotten again
:/
Edit: looks really premium I cant wait

Haha don't worry, still there! :p
DariusOMG3210
Ohh why you put the download at google drive????i can't download!

EDIT:oh,i get it,you release on 12.06.2019,sorry gl with the skin! ;)

I can't wait to see it,it's like the PS5 release!!!!!!!!!
LegitDiamond
It's already released. The 12.06.2019 is like that because Senrey uses a different date format. I'm not sure why you can't download it.
h3oCharles
let me uuh do some more rapid-fire as well

- big mode icons are mismatched
- literally everything is jagged like a cactus stick sharpened with a pencil sharpener or worse
- selection tab hitboxes overlap on each other - switch resolution to 1366x768, do some spam clicking and you get find spots where the same spot toggles between tabs? wtf?
- spinner wobbles
- input overlay is misaligned
- multiple files have HD/SD mismatched or there's no HD at all
- welcome_text -> welome
- black color in mode small is transparency
Topic Starter
Senrey

DariusOMG3210 wrote:

Ohh why you put the download at google drive????i can't download!

EDIT:oh,i get it,you release on 12.06.2019,sorry gl with the skin! ;)

I can't wait to see it,it's like the PS5 release!!!!!!!!!

Yes it has already been released! :) Idk why you can't download it on the google drive though!

h3oCharles ty for your feedback! Here are my responses:

h3oCharles wrote:

let me uuh do some more rapid-fire as well

- big mode icons are mismatched I don't see where it don't match ^^"
- literally everything is jagged like a cactus stick sharpened with a pencil sharpener or worse Which are the elements you are thinking about?
- selection tab hitboxes overlap on each other - switch resolution to 1366x768, do some spam clicking and you get find spots where the same spot toggles between tabs? wtf? Right. I'll fix that
- spinner wobbles I've already noticed that but did'nt manage to fix this issue. The center of the spinner is like 1 pixel left to the center of the file, and goes right when I move it. I'll try again.
- input overlay is misaligned. Gonna fix that
- multiple files have HD/SD mismatched or there's no HD at all Which one?
- welcome_text -> welome The logo of the skin make the C :)
- black color in mode small is transparency I know, that's why I left it since It helped me to create the design
h3oCharles
mode icons - standard says "CLASSIQUE", taiko says "MANIA", fruits says "CATCH", mania says "TAIKO" and it's two times smaller
jagged elements to name a few - ranking panel, score numbers, mod icons -> basically anything that you didn't give either a glow or a blur is jagged
Topic Starter
Senrey

h3oCharles wrote:

mode icons - standard says "CLASSIQUE", taiko says "MANIA", fruits says "CATCH", mania says "TAIKO" and it's two times smaller Right someone already noticed that, i'll rework the modes files anyway!
jagged elements to name a few - ranking panel, score numbers, mod icons -> basically anything that you didn't give either a glow or a blur is jagged Well I don't see where ranking panel or score numbers looks "jagged" ^^ Maybe your own feeling

Anyway ty for the feedback
noobneeder
total file size? i don't want large files makes my toaster to explode
Matt2e2

noobneeder wrote:

total file size? i don't want large files makes my toaster to explode

It should say on Google Drive when you're about to download it. If you can't spot it though, it's 106 MB compressed.
show more