forum

Add an "Are You Sure?" section after clicking retry when 50% of a map has been played

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +371
Topic Starter
malxsant
have accidentally clicked retry after pausing from an FC way too many times LOL
My Angel Susie
highly needed this
Lyawi
Would only bother me as I quit maps often and don't play for the pp, quitting by accident doesn't happen often to me lol
Flanster

Lyawi wrote:

Would only bother me as I quit maps often and don't play for the pp, quitting by accident doesn't happen often to me lol

I've only done this once or twice during my almost 9 year stay here. inb4 toggle plz.
xenal
Why pause so often in the first place if you are going to be mad about it. Remove pause option, problem fix :3

Not directly linked to request, but the fact that the ui is still active when it fades out is a more annoying part imo, tho I think ppy fixed it in lazer?
Topic Starter
malxsant

Lyawi wrote:

Flanster wrote:

I've only done this once or twice during my almost 9 year stay here. inb4 toggle plz.

Yes! Toggles are always a good idea :)
Keiga
Need this. I can play a lot of high level patterns but my stamina is legit trash. Had to pause about 6 times through my Galaxy Collapse pass. Didn't happen to me there, but it's really risky. :c

(This has only happened to me once in the recent past on Hoshi ga Furanai Machi... Felt really bleh, ngl.)

A toggle is a great idea too tho ^^
Hope to see this added!
MisakiSakaki

xenal wrote:

Why pause so often in the first place if you are going to be mad about it. Remove pause option, problem fix :3

Sometimes i had to do pee and i can't handle it at all so nukes the pause button stands for kills the fc in case that i pause for, because that's the point of the pause, to do something else of take a break in a long stream or idk.
-
Seems like a good idea, my first the violation pass was like 8 tryes smashing that fast that i had to pause at 7, chill out a sec and bub, retry :l
Tamaninja
Oh yes. Please.
ooq
I see the point, but I also would only ever support this as an idea if there were an option to disable it as well. I can see how it could help people, but personally I only ever pause if I really need to, usually to quit a map or to retry it anyways.
LegoTonix
should be only a options or show alert only if you retry with a full combo
The_Break
What about simply increasing the time required to hold the 'reset' button to restart the map?
'reset' button is the easiest way to restart the map and the least actions is required. Making extra pop up menu like "Are You Sure?" will make it the same as reset through the pause menu. Same amount of actions, same amount of time required to restart. That might kill the simplicity of the 'reset' button imo.

About 50% of played map: 50% is REALLY different between the maps. 50% of a 10 minute map? Sure, but what about theese 30 seconds farm maps? retrying via different sections every 15-20 seconds might be a struggle. It should be based on a specific time. 2 minute maps are short enough to be farmed, so accidental reset is not problematic. However 4-... minute map is hard to fc. This is where the reset button delay should be
DXPOHIHIHI
Yes! please
Ethereon
yes and another suggestion to this: make it toggable as an option
MeKu
+16
UserTaken
100% needs to be a toggle if implemented, but this is a great idea.

+12
Aurele
Doesn't sound bad at all :)
Topic Starter
malxsant

The_Break wrote:

What about simply increasing the time required to hold the 'reset' button to restart the map?
'reset' button is the easiest way to restart the map and the least actions is required. Making extra pop up menu like "Are You Sure?" will make it the same as reset through the pause menu. Same amount of actions, same amount of time required to restart. That might kill the simplicity of the 'reset' button imo.

To me it feels more of a deliberate action to press the reset button as the player will have likely already missed and decided to press and hold the button. However, I believe it is easier for the player to accidentally have their fingers slip and press their pause key and accidentally press the retry button by accident as well (as it has happened to me sometimes).

The_Break wrote:

About 50% of played map: 50% is REALLY different between the maps. 50% of a 10 minute map? Sure, but what about theese 30 seconds farm maps? retrying via different sections every 15-20 seconds might be a struggle. It should be based on a specific time. 2 minute maps are short enough to be farmed, so accidental reset is not problematic. However 4-... minute map is hard to fc. This is where the reset button delay should be

I wholeheartedly agree with this and didn't think of this when suggesting this addition. Maybe having a slider (similar to filtering star rating) dedicated to adjusting the seconds/minutes the player wants the menu to appear.
Hitoki

malxsant wrote:

have accidentally clicked retry after pausing from an FC way too many times LOL

maybe at 25%
ASHIQUL
highly needed
tho i have not done this, it looks like a pretty important thingy
lol