show more
Cami
im mad because i get pinged in every single mapping server for this
Nyxa
Big pog
Peter
Zzzz
Ashton
There is no black dot before rock/metal on the list.
Aiseca
Yush~
Ciyus Miapah
rekt bitch
Creamy Candy
oof
Pachiru
The logo of this contest is really neat I like that, aswell as the ideas of rounds
Kawashiro
pog
LosPedros
When you do not have anyone to participate with... :I
tomadoi
den
Altai
den
TheKingHenry
help I'm being forced to participate

EDIT: "A reasonable spread, in this case, means following the RC spread rules, but also having no duplicated difficulties. As such, you may have only one of each difficulty amongst: Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra, Ultra."

Maybe your song choices don't allow for this scenario within the bounds of "reasonable" mapping, but in a hypothetical situation where your top diff ends up being like 8* or just otherwise high end (you get the idea), I don't think you can create a reasonable spread with these rules. Thus I think this is possibly unnecessarily restricting the mappers, perhaps even unhealthily so.

Second showerthought; perhaps subjective (and your contest, your rules), but I don't see why you're enforcing Easy in the set. As far as representing your mapping skills, Normal will do mostly the same job, and RC doesn't require having Easy in any kind of sets nowadays either. Thus I don't see how demanding Easy in the set greatly benefits either the contest results or the future of the mapset afterwards.

In combination these two make me a bit confused about what you're aiming for here. Though as slightly referenced earlier, I guess song choices can either make or break this kind of rule in practice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Uberzolik
"At most"
GoldenWolf
@TKH Perhaps we didn't word it the best way, but aren't forcing mappers to map an Easy. The first round is one difficulty only, as for the second round, since the set has to follow the RC in order to make it rankable, it also means an easy or normal is not an absolute necessity, as the songs will be 3:30 to 4:00 in length. The rules only state it has to be at most 5 difficulties, not at least.
TheKingHenry
First round rules are indeed obvious enough, but thank you for the clarification on the second round rules, apparently I can't read. Since it does anyway forbid duplicates though, this doesn't exactly still, however, clear my concern regarding possible high end difficulties, but perhaps the song choices indeed then cover that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GoldenWolf
I don't think there is a song that would reasonably allow for an 8*+, though this is but my humble opinion.
TheKingHenry
rip some song types then I see

Good to hear. The validity of your humble opinion aside, the fact that you have such opinion already tells that the songs at the very least should not be encouraging mapsets that break the currently set rules.

Aka all cool it seems. Hopefully :^)
Ciyus Miapah

GoldenWolf wrote:

I don't think there is a song that would reasonably allow for an 8*+, though this is but my humble opinion.

good boy
AxNae
OH BOI if only I was a half decent mapper
Topic Starter
Rizen

Information for Round One Contestants

Google Docs
osu!International Mapping Contest #3 Information for Round One Contestants

Songs Selection:
Remember that you are only required to pick one song from one genre and make a map from that. At most, you can only submit one difficulty for your chosen song.

Rock/Metal
  1. JINJER - Beggar's Dance
    puu.sh / mega / Google Drive
  2. Persefone - Upward Explosion
  3. Asuza Tadokoro - 涙 one of them

Electronic
  1. onoken - Amnolys
  2. wxs ft.spiLa - prompt
  3. kanone - CO5M1C R4ILR0AD

J-Pop
  1. THE ORAL CIGARETTES - Stay One
  2. Hanatan - Hajimete no Oto
  3. yuikonnu - Innocence

When you have finished your entry:

Please send a forum PM (NOT: ingame pm, discord, new site chat message) of your single .osu file (via. puush, pastebin, direct text in [code], etc.) to Rizen. Make sure everything is finalised before sending, because you can only submit your entry ONCE.

The layout of the forum PM should resemble:

Please Remember

1. The Team Captain has to be the one to submit your team’s entries.
  2. Submit One Difficulty and name them your team’s name plus the difficulty level.
  3. You cannot have a custom background (because only the .osu should be linked).
  4. Your entry must adhere to the Ranking Criteria (except for the spread rule).
  5. You may use custom combo colours.
  6. You may choose to use all, a few, or none of the custom hitsounds included in the .osz. You cannot use custom hitsounds we have not provided.
  7. You cannot share anything (streaming/screenshots/videos/informations/etc...) about your entries anywhere, with non-team members, until the round judging phase is complete. Doing so will disqualify you from the contest.
  8. You may not create a storyboard.
  9. You must submit your entry before the round mapping phase finishes.

The contest ends 2 weeks from now, at
15th June 12:00 UTC/GMT +0
Topic Starter
Rizen

Teams List

(Team Tag) Team Name
Team Captain, Team Member..., (Team Reserve Member)

1. (:3c) Moeriko
    Acyl, Necho, Moecho, Len
  2. (<33) blobheart<3<3
    - Frontier -, Deppyforce, _Epreus
  3. (AET) Aguante El Trap
    Cris-, Cosmolade, Tatan, pkhg
  4. (ANM) aniem
    Agatsu, Fixxis, Gillstar, Amity
  5. (BFG) Big Fans
    Cherry Blossom, PaRaDogi, Respirte, Dirty Farmer, (Antares-)
  6. (BJL) bacon juice
    -Tatsuo, Never Log Off
  7. (BRM) bros mad
    Maffe, ahegao
  8. (CTR) CuteRin
    Iljaaz, DeviousPanda, Shizuku-, Kowari
  9. (D1N) den 1
    Realazy, Regou, how2miss, Karen
  10. (D2N) den 2
    xLolicore-, Starrstyx, Chaoslitz, yf_bmp, (Ulysses)
  11. (D3N) den 3
    J1_, toybot, ScubDomino, byfar, (Sing)
  12. (D4N) den 4
    Kalibe, Ryuusei Aika, Irohas, tomadoi
  13. (D5N) den 5
    KKipalt, UndeadPhoneGuy, Sulfur, Himekawa, (FoxyGrandpa)
  14. (D6N) den 6
    deadcode, jezag
  15. (DEG) OSU Degenerates
    Cubbby, Monarch, Byakuya, Yooh, (-nanako-)
  16. (GAM) Gamers
    FrenZ396, Dementation
  17. (HTQ) team quanhitters
    Cami, Canderos, harepascals, [[Pika]], (leann)
  18. (INT) Illusive Nipple Teasers
    Rhonen, Shademphrik
  19. (JP2) Watykan Warriors
    Venix, Alphabet, Rolniczy, Peter
  20. (KMS) Kirito's Male Sword
    Amiya, Eiri-, Lafayla, Trynna
  21. (LWS) lolwesuck
    Euyale, Zxcvbnmkl, manmathew, (Stoats)
  22. (MBR) MINDBREAK
    Ciyus Miapah, Uta, Haruto, AncuL, (Ameth Rianno)
  23. (MPD) Mapping Drama
    Mohab500, Ashton
  24. (MPG) map gang
    -Tynamo, BoshyMan741, Nagatoro, Renumi
  25. (MTR) Monsters
    genga, Tanzeem
  26. (NES) No Effort Squad
    Minorsonek, CptSqBany, SquareTude, Apo11o, (RVMathew)
  27. (NFD) not from den
    xChorse, Fursum, Smug Nanachi, Xenon-, (Osatia)
  28. (NYA) Nekos With Attitudes
    Nyxa, Mun
  29. (OOF) yikes oof
    -Akito, Deca, (cococolaco)
  30. (OSU) the anti-den association
    -Asterisks-, Nite, Ikikaera, Knightc0re, (NyarkoO)
  31. (OwO) Pedalowo
    Mir, Lasse
  32. (POG) lmao thicce
    Icekalt, celerih, LMT, Mao
  33. (pp.) Peppermint Powerhouse
    Milan-, pishifat
  34. (RLC) Twin Stars
    Skystar, Crystal
  35. (しろ) K.Shiro
    Kawashiro, Kyshiro
  36. (もす) Chibimoth
    CXu, xChippy
Ashton
Just so everybody knows we had to choose a sub-par name because baka team captain didn’t want “This is a Veto.”
ASHIQUL
if only i new about this earlier
peppy,this kind of stuff should appear in the news section
we noobs miss out on everything'sad face'
Topic Starter
Rizen

Round One Results

Hello there! We are pleased to announce the results for the first round of this contest!

Congratulations to the top 8 winning entries! Your team captain will be PM'd shortly with the invitation for your team to advance to the second round.

We'd also like to thank the judges for their time, and everyone who participated! The second round will start on July 8th, 12:00 UTC.

Below you will find links to the judge scores, alternative .xlsx and .pdf files, as well as the submissions!

1. Results (Google Sheets)
    Google Sheets
  2. Results (PDF)
  3. Results (XLSX/Microsoft Excel)
  4. Round 1 Submissions (30MB)

edit: Max for Hitsounds is 5 not 10
Topic Starter
Rizen

Information for Round Two Contestants

Google Docs
osu!International Mapping Contest #3 Information for Round Two Contestants

Note: Only the top 8 teams from the previous round may participate in this round!

Songs Selection:
Remember that you are only required to pick one song from one genre and make a beatmapset from that. Remember that you must make a full beatmapset in accordance to the Ranking Criteria.

Rock/Metal
  1. JINJER - Words of Wisdom
  2. MISTERYCIRCLE - Area51
  3. Buta-Otome - Yurameita Homura

Electronic
  1. Camellia - Syzygia
  2. Sakuzyo - Irondust
  3. TORIENA - RAT RACE

J-Pop
  1. Hatsuki Yura - Necrophilia Romancer
  2. KANA-BOON - talking
  3. Rigel Theatre - SOLROS -Eternal Memory- (# Vocal Track)

When you have finished your entry:

Please send a forum PM (NOT: ingame pm, discord, new site chat message) of your multiple .osu files (via. puush, direct text in [code], etc.) to Rizen. Make sure everything is finalised before sending, because you can only submit your entry ONCE.

The layout of the forum PM should resemble:

Please Remember

1. The Team Captain has to be the one to submit your team’s entries.
  2. Name your difficulties their corresponding difficulty level.
  3. You cannot have a custom background ([i]because only the .osu should be linked).
  4. Your entry must adhere to the Ranking Criteria (except for the spread rule).
  5. You may use custom combo colours.
  6. You may choose to use all, a few, or none of the custom hitsounds included in the .osz. You cannot use custom hitsounds we have not provided.
  7. You cannot share anything (streaming/screenshots/videos/informations/etc...) about your entries anywhere, with non-team members, until the round judging phase is complete. Doing so will disqualify you from the contest.
  8. You may not create a storyboard.
  9. You must submit your entry before the round mapping phase finishes.

The contest ends 3 weeks from now, at
29th July 12:00 UTC/GMT +0
Topic Starter
Rizen

Community Voting

Community Voting for o!IMC #3 has now started!
Download link to all mapsets: https://puu.sh/E2iXN/c6f6918a41.zip

When viewing the submitted beatmapsets, it is recommended to isolate it by putting in the team name in the search field.

To make your vote, please forum PM Rizen with the name of the team in the SUBJECT FIELD. Anything can go inside the message field.

Voting will end 20th August 00:00:00 UTC (when the 19th ends)

Teams:
  1. Magnanimous Panda
  2. Immaculate Marmoset
  3. Promiscuous Elk
  4. Delirious Rooster

Liiraye
Wow teams are stacked. Sad I had no time to join in on the fun 😭
Topic Starter
Rizen

Results Sheet (Google Sheets) / PDF (puu.sh)

First off, we would like to thank everyone for participating in this contest! We would like to give our sincere thanks to the judges for their selflessness and their hard work, and to Sing for their graphics design work.

In 1st Place with a score of 45.5 we have den1 composing of team members Realazy, how2miss, Karen, and Regou. Their entry for Syzygia - Camellia really resonated with the judges, scoring the top marks of two judges! A well deserved entry for well deserving prizes which includes $100USD split between team members, 6 months osu!supporter for each team member, a profile badge, and their beatmapset getting pushed for ranked!

In 2nd Place we have Moeriko with a score of 43.5. With team members of Acyl, Necho, Moecho, and Len, they deviated away from the meta and chose Rat Race - TORIENA for their entry! A commendable effort, reaping the prizes of 4 months osu!supporter for each team member.

Last but not least we have Pedalowo in 3rd Place with a score of 41.1. Congratulations to team members Lasse and Mir!

For this iteration of the contest, we have a community vote where members of the osu! community may vote for their favourite entry. We had come to the unusual situation where there are two entries in first place with equal votes. Because one of these teams have already won the main prize, the winner of this category is Moeriko! They will be running away with a profile badge, 2 months osu!supporter for each team member, and their beatmapset getting pushed for ranked!

With that we now come to the end of the 3rd and final iteration of the osu!International Contest! Detailed results can be found below the banner of this notice/category.

Although participation rates were not as high as we expected, the contest was still fun and we ended up with multiple high quality beatmapsets. Until next time.

- osu!International Mapping Contest #3 Staff
Pachiru
Gratz!
Stefan
Moved to Completed Projects.