forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Recoil_CSGO
i found it on YouTube not so long ago. even though it wasn't actual game play (it was a compilation of songs (osu - memories)). and from then i checked out the game and boom, loved it.
immortal_flint
Re-L_old_1
my ex-friend introduced osu! to me
Journal
Ex introduced it
TestyBeat
Found the game through one of Jolene's videos.
I'm pretty sure it's also thanks to her that I got into making osu! skins.
Sindyrsal
I was playing a rhythm game on my phone and I couldn't find it anymore after I switched phones *not even to this day* and then I searched more and more games like it and so I discovered Osu ,which by the way, was getting on my nerves in the beginning.
Now is like my new way to kill time,and the fact that I can play offline is awesome!
tomonosu
Some rando on discord a couple years back, the first time i played it i quit and came back earlier in 2018
Kyno
My cousin played it, so now I'm here and back after god knows how long
Marc_Okubo
twitch
ScottishTaken
One of my friends was playing osu and told me get into it, I played for about 20 mins and then forgot about the game, 2 months-ish later I was watching YouTube and a BeasttrollMC recommendation came up and it was osu, so I decided to give the game a shot and I've been playing since
Duran38
"this game will improve your aim" lmao
the ball man
I discovered it because this Italian youtuber called Ratorix made a video about it and i completely fell in love with it
MinhChiz

Duran38 wrote:

"this game will improve your aim" lmao

yeah same
- EdgarNitroX
I see some videos and my last account i forget the password xD im 2012 player
Flyy
I was playing cs:go and my friend had linked osu to his steam account so it showed that he was playing osu. I was super confused and decided to google it for myself. welp im addicted now but i love the game and community owo
- Roman -
saw this video on my recommended on yt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRagiT78NsY
churrles

Sachima Erika wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!

I discovered osu through this one game called RoBeats. From there, I've been stuck playing this game for almost a year now.
-Shikki
A friend from IMVU said that she want's to play osu! with us. And that's how i discovered this drug. Aham.. game >.>
[LS]PositoniX
I played another rhythm game and everyone playing it also played osu.
Ynotdat
I actually found osu while my friend was staying the night at my house in 2013, we played for like 4 hours trying to do this one 3 star map and when we eventually did it, i was hooked. Been playing on and off ever since
UrAt1013
I was typing random letters on my keyboard
Zech
i was watching Youtube and i saw a video of Cookiezi playing osu! lol
MoltenMango
Saw WWW's video on my Youtube recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am9_bXZEWV4
- EdgarNitroX
i saw the impossible osu song with WWW XD
My Angel Nilou
i saw this video on my recomended lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvBlCGK-STs
after that i came to osu just to play mania XD
puvvish
Seems like most people discover osu! through YouTube, my story is kinda different.

I have one close friend in class (he's also a weeb), one day, when we're on a group project, after the project finished, he opened his laptop and decided to play some osu!mania on his laptop (cool the fact that osu! runs smoothly on his good old Pentium laptop).
So I asked "what's that? Another rhythm game?" then he showed me Hikaru Nara (one of my favorites). Then I just got hooked into osu!mania and played it almost everyday on my laptop.

Spent the last month trying to climb to #200K
Ayayano
Fortnite servers were down; best thing that happened me in my gaming career lmao.
l1mi
I discoverd osu! after downloading it from a torrent site (The old BitGamer, not the new one).. had no idea the game was free to download and play. Eight years later I still smile when I think about it.
McDonalds
I was a sad kid and my friend forced me to play osu!. The end now I am addicted
Oweeen
jolene/tokaku
and squashyboy

i watched them. they inspired me.
Tomninis
good one, i never knew osu, i actually got to play it because a hungarian guy i met in league introduced me to it, i picked it up pretty quick
-PastaSlayer
I hadn't heard of osu before but then one day my friend asked me to give it a go and here we are :P
Myshiro Neko
I only saw osu before in that rockstreet papanese meme video and in a highlight of boxbox's stream, but who asked me to play this game was a friend, he stopped playing, actually, he didn't reached 1k play count, but I just loved the game and play it since then.
LmaoWhatsUp
I found this game by looking at my brother playing it. Hearing him spam the keys on his keyboard made me curious about this game and i tried it out. Started out on osuMania then moved to OsuStandard.
Now all the noise coming from my room is just me clicking my keyboard hoping it doesn't break
accent
Before I got into osu I played CS:GO quite a bit. Like a few people, I thought osu could help me train my aim, so I casually played it on the side. Now I'm pretty hooked into the game xD
thyme_old_1
through etterna and jakads
Nagaraia
friend
ddeku
I asked in a group chat what games I should play and someone said osu was one of their favorite games so I tried it out, and here I am
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
My first time seeing osu was when I was watching auto playing Centipede on youtube and since then I keep diving into this downward spiral
Arachnid
Last year, I was in a Discord call with my friendios. We all share a neverending love for rhythm games, and we were discussing some of our favourite games- someone said that Osu! was a good one, then we decided it'd be fun for all of us to play. That was real fun.
show more