abraker: *exists*

coldtooth: °•°
Westonini
abraker: "abraker"

ColdTooth: abraker: °•°

*exists* What scares you the most?

- abraker
abraker
what kind of amalgamation of a meme is that?
abraker
levesterz
That pic of blavkey holey look like eye of sauron
levesterz
And i do some digging looks like i am not the only one thinking that.
levesterz
New theory: lord of the ring is rea........
TeeArctic1
I mean, if we go for the multiverse theory, then yes, there exists a universe where LOTR is reality
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

abraker wrote:

imagine black hole is going towards our solar system
dung eater
Where do i sigh up? never thought you csn get so flexible in just days
Ryoid
they are two black hole under my nose
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

hmm
Ashton

TheLegendaryHD wrote:

hmm

He actually stated in a tweet that he did not write 850k lines of code.
LazerLove
Black holes can say the N word
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

Ashton wrote:

TheLegendaryHD wrote:

hmm

He actually stated in a tweet that he did not write 850k lines of code.

yeah i just noticed it right now

and this

but i still have a suspect that Andrew Chael is still the actual man behind the black holes image because he literally wrote most codes, even though katie was a huge part the collaboration at every step but this man wrote every codes, and that is just my speculation and opinion

they do this to defense katie from the people that attacked her
abraker
Why do people measure how great some one is in the amount of things they have done. That's not how it works. There are dependencies and only dependencies. One person is being depended upon to use their specialized skill set to help solve part of the the problem. Amount of work they put into solving the problem should be irrelevant. What is relevant is that they are being counted on to do it and it's not a task not many can do.
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

abraker wrote:

Why do people measure how great some one is in the amount of things they have done. That's not how it works. There are dependencies and only dependencies. One person is being depended upon to use their specialized skill set to help solve part of the the problem. Amount of work they put into solving the problem should be irrelevant. What is relevant is that they are being counted on to do it and it's not a task not many can do.

this sudden fame for a young woman in a male-dominated field couldn’t stand. A corrective was quickly found in Andrew Chael, another member of the Event Horizon Telescope team, who, not coincidentally, is white and male

because there are some male who value their gender more than female, and by seeing a female just did an amazing things in science for capturing a picture of a black hole they cant just accept it right away, and they will find every possible hoaxes or hole to make the female embarrassed and spread it

without katie they cant do all of this shit, and yet people cant just accept that it was done by a female
B1rd
They really need to use a high-res camera.
abraker
I agree. A camera the size of our planet is not enough. We need to launch radio telescopes into space and make it the size of the solar system
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

B1rd wrote:

They really need to use a high-res camera.

the reason is because event horizon telescope captured it from 55 million light year distance
and the reason why the telescope can see it because its big, as big as our solar system

more zoom = less quality and resolution

with current technology, thats the highest resolution achievable, considering they are imaging a black hole 55 million light-years away, thats incredibly impressive

abraker wrote:

I agree. A camera the size of our planet is not enough. We need to launch radio telescopes into space and make it the size of the solar system

but sure a telescope the size of our solar system could fix the quality problem and zooming more
kai99
we're looking at light that's 55 million years old tbh we gotta go quicker
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
imagine our sun dies and scientist tell us right after it dies, but we didnt believe it since it took 8 minutes to travel to earth while scientist are using telescope
kai99

TheLegendaryHD wrote:

imagine our sun dies and scientist tell us right after it dies, but we didnt believe it since it took 8 minutes to travel to earth while scientist are using telescope

This is very yikers to think about
abraker
@TheLegndary That's not how it works at all lmao

sun dies you wouldn't see it with a telescope until 8 minutes after. Same goes for everyone else. Light takes 8 minutes to travel from the sun to earth and there is nothing that travels faster, nothing you can do to make it arrive faster (unless you compressed the distance of spacetime between earth and sun, in which case you will have to figure out how to deal with the gamma radiation since that would decrease the light's wavelengths)
TeeArctic1

abraker wrote:

sun dies you wouldn't see it with a telescope until 8 minutes after. Same goes for everyone else. Light takes 8 minutes to travel from the sun to earth and there is nothing that travels faster, nothing you can do to make it arrive faster (unless you compressed the distance of spacetime between earth and sun, in which case you will have to figure out how to deal with the gamma radiation since that would decrease the light's wavelengths)

But if the telescope was closer to the sun, i.e in space, it would be able to see it slightly faster than we do at Earth, right?
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

abraker wrote:

you are right, then the only possible answer for this is teleport
abraker
@TeeArctic1
Right, the telescope would see it first. We still wouldn't see it any sooner than 8 min, however, as the signal from the telescope still needs to make up the difference in distance to Earth.

@TheLegendaryHD
Teleportation would still be subject to the speed of light as it's transmitting the signal through space. In fact teleportation is no different than radio, you are just transmitting matter in some form of energy instead of music (with some conversion processes from and to matter involved). Nothing that travels through spacetime can travel faster than the speed of light.
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
@TeeArtic1
even when it closer to the sun, it still need for the information to send through radio waves which has the same speed as light to the earth, so its still the same principle as sun light
no information in this universe that moves faster than light

@abraker
well as i can see in a science fiction movie teleportation is to break an object down into its component energy and set a coordination then it would teleport instantly with infinite speed as x distance is covered in 0 seconds, so distance per time would be dividing by zero, and too big to calculate, or "Not a Number" thus why its infinite

and what you stated there is another principle i think if it is simply extremely fast movement being regarded as teleportation then it will have a speed, but i think i agree more with this since the definition of teleportation is "Teleportation is the theoretical transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them." you need to break an object into matter or energy and set the coordination and moves at the speed of light, but the matter one cannot move at the same speed of light since its still has mass, but energy one can

so teleportation is like the same thing as super speed, imagine you can move at the speed of light but since your body has mass that could prevent you to move at the speed of light but the way teleportation theorically works it can be able to move you at the same speed of light because it breaks your body to energy first and send the code to another x

alright so the best solution to know right away when sun dies is to use wormhole
abraker
The only way you can possibly reach some distant point within shorter period of time than it would take light to reach is if you warped spacetime itself. However even when warping, it can't be warped instantaneously, there always needs to be a a period of transition from on state to another. So instantaneous teleportation is prohibitive in our reality.

Also a recent paper came out saying that wormholes are not shortcuts and actually take longer to travel through
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6929749/Wormholes-NOT-shortcut-Study-says-using-portals-longer-routes.html
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
'From the outside perspective, travel through the wormhole is equivalent to quantum teleportation using entangled black holes,' Jafferis said.

well that means we can only transit below the speed of light or at the same speed of light

i dont really understand why he said it wouldnt work since the data is so confusing for me, but he said that teleport through wormhole is not bound the space from coordination x to y by infinite distance but rather using infinite distance too but the teleportation need a light too, so it would take the same speed as quantum teleportation

well its still a theory, but if its true then that means
we will never or cannot move between space at infinite distance, because nothing moves faster than light, i dont think so we are that primitive if thats happen then it take million years just to move between galaxies
abraker
It will definitely take manipulation of spacetime to get somewhere faster than light would propagating through spacetime naturally

Tho I have to say, curving spacetime like a blackhole so things would accelerate faster would work either. If you take a light packet, sure its tip going in first would technically travel faster than light, but its entirety is being stretched out as its tail will always be exponentially slower than its tip. That's essentially equivalent to slowing down time around you to go faster.

The only way it could be possible if you could take a bubble of flat spacetime and warp all of the spacetime between it and the destination around it. Much like the Alcubierre drive.
abraker
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

have you watch this?
this shit is masterpiece
kai99
Did we ever get the image of the other black hole
abraker
No, but we will. We had to put the one at center of milky way on hold due to one of the stars orbiting it deciding to flare up