weeb friend showed me, been playing casually since then
singulier
i saw the game from some stepmania and tag4 vids
_extrapotato
search "rhythm games pc" on google in 2014
Aretz132
my friends recommend me that, its good
Roku - Ban
About 8 years ago,I played a game in nds called 押忍!闘え!応援団 which is similar with osu,and felt interested.I find a video that introduce osu in 2012 and I started to play osu :D
byek
I
tomonosu
I got shown the game by a friend a VERY long time ago, i dont even remember my old accounts name. I came in and used the #osu chat and said "Hi, is this game worth playing im new" 4 pepole said no and i never played it again until recently a few months ago, ever since ive been obsessed
-M1racle
Someone on an old forum site I used to visit posted a video of himself playing (I remember it was Byoumei Koiwazurai) and I thought it looked pretty cool. I didn't actually start playing until at least like two/three years after that (or maybe less I'm not sure) when I checked his channel randomly to see if he had any more videos of osu. He did, and after I watched that one, I saw the legendary 800PP Freedom Dive in my recommended, watched that, and here I am.
Still a bit of an off/on game though, there's are periods where I just don't play.
donghans
my friend showed me cookiezi's gameplays
rexdo206

Arbusion wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!
I found it via wubwubwolf www #1 in our hearts
Admiral_Rogue
I found this game called opsu in the play store. The, i found this in the description.
"Opsu is an open-source version of osu! written in java and it is now on the play store"

See the bold text? It was makes me curious. So, i google it. Then, i find it. Unfortunately, i was don't have a laptop at the time.

Then, when I went up to second grade (highschool), my uncle bought this laptop. A cheap standard one, office grade, 4 gigs ram, amd a6, 128mb VRAM (maybe), around $350-$420. After that, i decide to download this game. I suddenly fall in love with o!m 4k though i'm noob (i'm just a casual player anyway). Then, recently at the time i'm writing this, i just started to play std.

I really-really want to put my hand on lazer now. (Yes, i did it. But, it's highly unoptimized. So, i will just wait the official release then)
YYZ
A girl I dated played and so I started to play too. She's married now, not to me but I have more PP so I guess I came out ahead.
GOLninja717
Came across it one day in college, everyone just used to use the computers to play games or whatever a lot of the time, so a few of us ended up giving it a go, making our own multiplayer lobby and playing during lunch. Kind of weird to think about it cos I feel like everyone but me stopped playing after that, but who knows
DavidStojke
I actually found about osu because of osu!mania lmao. Tho i never played it. I stayed loyal to step mania. Im not really sure how i got into playing osu!std tho.
Nijisanji
mm
Recoil_CSGO
i found it on YouTube not so long ago. even though it wasn't actual game play (it was a compilation of songs (osu - memories)). and from then i checked out the game and boom, loved it.
immortal_flint
Re-L_old_1
my ex-friend introduced osu! to me
Journal
Ex introduced it
TestyBeat
Found the game through one of Jolene's videos.
I'm pretty sure it's also thanks to her that I got into making osu! skins.
Sindyrsal
I was playing a rhythm game on my phone and I couldn't find it anymore after I switched phones *not even to this day* and then I searched more and more games like it and so I discovered Osu ,which by the way, was getting on my nerves in the beginning.
Now is like my new way to kill time,and the fact that I can play offline is awesome!
tomonosu
Some rando on discord a couple years back, the first time i played it i quit and came back earlier in 2018
Kyno
My cousin played it, so now I'm here and back after god knows how long
Marc_Okubo
twitch
ScottishTaken
One of my friends was playing osu and told me get into it, I played for about 20 mins and then forgot about the game, 2 months-ish later I was watching YouTube and a BeasttrollMC recommendation came up and it was osu, so I decided to give the game a shot and I've been playing since
Duran38
"this game will improve your aim" lmao
the ball man
I discovered it because this Italian youtuber called Ratorix made a video about it and i completely fell in love with it
MinhChiz

Duran38 wrote:

"this game will improve your aim" lmao

yeah same
- EdgarNitroX
I see some videos and my last account i forget the password xD im 2012 player
Flyy
I was playing cs:go and my friend had linked osu to his steam account so it showed that he was playing osu. I was super confused and decided to google it for myself. welp im addicted now but i love the game and community owo
- Roman -
saw this video on my recommended on yt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRagiT78NsY
churrles

Sachima Erika wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!

I discovered osu through this one game called RoBeats. From there, I've been stuck playing this game for almost a year now.
-Shikki
A friend from IMVU said that she want's to play osu! with us. And that's how i discovered this drug. Aham.. game >.>
[LS]PositoniX
I played another rhythm game and everyone playing it also played osu.
Ynotdat
I actually found osu while my friend was staying the night at my house in 2013, we played for like 4 hours trying to do this one 3 star map and when we eventually did it, i was hooked. Been playing on and off ever since
UrAt1013
I was typing random letters on my keyboard
Zech
i was watching Youtube and i saw a video of Cookiezi playing osu! lol
MoltenMango
Saw WWW's video on my Youtube recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am9_bXZEWV4
- EdgarNitroX
i saw the impossible osu song with WWW XD
show more