forum

Huion H420 or XP-Pen G430

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qmaz
So im stuck between huion h420 and xp-pen g430, dont really know which one should i get.
The huion one has more reputation, xp-pen has baterry-less pen, a little bit bigger active area size and a better responsiveness.
I never owned a graphics tablet before so i thought it would be cool to try if it feels better than a mouse.
What do you guys think? Which one do you own (and why you like it)?

Sorri for bad london mi frend, me not from englando, ok?. ;-;
mizuki-chan
i dont have any of them , i bought a wacom ctl-480 and its my first tablet too.
just want to tell you thats not as easy as you might think. it will take a while until you get used to a tablet... i changed the active tablet area quite often and the way how should i hold my pen...it feels everything different but not comfortable the first days/weeks

i think for playing osu any of the tablets should be good enough.
just take in consideration:
- how much are you willing to spend for osu (tablet)?
- are you okay with changing batteries from time to time or prefer not needing of them at all?
- do you want big tablet area (which you can still adjust to a smaller one,at least for wacom i know) or is small enough?
vinnicci
veepari
There is also a bigger version of the XP-Pen https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GH ... _bw_c_x_10
LERUfic
I recommend G430
H420 has battery in its pen so it makes my movement a little bit heavy

but if you want to buy H420.. just wait the upcoming osu! tablet :)

PS: sorry for my bad english
Attenox
From own experience I can say the Huion H420 is pretty good. Lasted over 10 months just had problems with the pen several times and in the end it stopped working entirely but it was alright tbh, the pen was the only problem.
Topic Starter
qmaz
Ty for opinions guys.
I think I'm buying G540(ty veepari), It has probably 2times bigger active area size and looks much sturdier than G430.
I wont be getting huion h420 because It has really small active area size. +I saw many complains about how heavy the pen with battery is.
NapsterGastly
I don't have the XP-PEN G430, but I do have the XP-PEN Star G640, and it's a really darn good tablet, especially for it's price at only $39.99 USD on the XP-Pen website. I don't know how it compares to the XP-Pen G430, or the Huion H420, but I will say this; since the pen itself doesn't need batteries, it's lighter, and more comfortable than my old Wacom Bamboo tablet. It's also more convenient since you don't need to constantly switch out the batteries; Just plug in the tablet, grab the pen, boot up Osu! and you're done! The tablet itself also just looks really nice and clean, and goes really well with my admittedly crappy since it's also just my normal desk setup since the black meshes nice with my Logitech keyboard.

But the choice of which tablet to get is up to you, but personally based on my experience, I'd say get the XP-Pen.
Brainage

NapsterGastly wrote:

I don't have the XP-PEN G430, but I do have the XP-PEN Star G640, and it's a really darn good tablet, especially for it's price at only $39.99 USD on the XP-Pen website. I don't know how it compares to the XP-Pen G430, or the Huion H420, but I will say this; since the pen itself doesn't need batteries, it's lighter, and more comfortable than my old Wacom Bamboo tablet. It's also more convenient since you don't need to constantly switch out the batteries; Just plug in the tablet, grab the pen, boot up Osu! and you're done! The tablet itself also just looks really nice and clean, and goes really well with my admittedly crappy since it's also just my normal desk setup since the black meshes nice with my Logitech keyboard.

But the choice of which tablet to get is up to you, but personally based on my experience, I'd say get the XP-Pen.

Same dude, I have the G640 and it's amazing performance for its price tag.
Hotel_
I had the huion h420 I felt good at the beginning but then starting with the 5-star or 6-star maps
i started to lose the combo very often looking at my replays I noticed that my cursor was shaking I tried to keep the pen still and the cursor was shaking the same I do not know if it is a problem of my tablet or what but the discourage for those who want to play difficult maps I'm taking the decision to buy the xp pen g430s having the hope that the cursor stops shaking and I hope not to lose more the combo continuously what do you recommend?
DXPOHIHIHI
Choost the xp pen g430, because it's alot cheaper and I doubt you will even use full area for your tablet
capefear56
The Huion 420 pen freezes constantly, and it's not due to the battery either (I bought a non-battery pen and this still happened). According to some people it's because the 420 has a "sleep mode" that it automatically goes into after 5 minutes if you don't click on something with the pen tip, or activate any of the pen's buttons. I've been using the G430 for about six months and haven't encountered any issues.
valdis11

NapsterGastly wrote:

Okay, I will tell you my story about tablets! So the very first tablet I bought was HuionH420, which was way better than my office Logitech mouse! I had long experience with it too, but not as long like with HuionH420! Every day wasn't a waste, because I had difficulties to adapt to my new tablet, so I kept playing more till I got myself this new tablet - XP G640 (Few days ago)! Comparing to my Huion tablet it's trash in my point of view! It's surface is the most annoying thing which I hate the most, it makes my hand drift across it and as a result, it gets sweaty! And when I drag with it, it gets scratched pretty fast, so I got to a conclusion that I must hover with that tiny pen, but eventually neither that works! What should I do, should I keep hovering with my new XP tablet or just stick with HuionH420 because I have at least some experience with it(3 years)!?
Celine
ive heard way less complaint from g430
the ball man
I used the g430s and it's freaking trash, the pen broke after 2 days, you're better off with the Veikk tablet because the huion is also trash

Also mouse is better
PaintedKoaIa

- Yoshi - wrote:

I had the huion h420 I felt good at the beginning but then starting with the 5-star or 6-star maps
i started to lose the combo very often looking at my replays I noticed that my cursor was shaking I tried to keep the pen still and the cursor was shaking the same I do not know if it is a problem of my tablet or what but the discourage for those who want to play difficult maps I'm taking the decision to buy the xp pen g430s having the hope that the cursor stops shaking and I hope not to lose more the combo continuously what do you recommend?

It might be an issue with the drivers try using the Hawku drivers.
axuw

- Yoshi - wrote:

How have your experiences with the xp pen g430s been? I'm having similar problems with the huion tablet.
mon_
lol I have G640 and I use a small area so I could've gotten the smaller one