forum

Mouse position help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
subahibi
When i started doing my first 5.5* maps i realized that mouse drift exist and beacouse of that i can't find now proper mouse position. Best position i tryed(in top-right corner of mousepad) is unusable beacouse my mouse is going off the desk/hit wall. When i keep it on the centre i either hit my keyboard or go into weird position and miss, anyone can help?

also my mousebag is big
Juuuuuuuuul
Blame mappers, mapping with mouse drift in mind to balance drift is doable but they don't care about it.
They prefer to make visually eye candy blankets and burai, or buzz-sliders making you combo-break even if hit in late 300 hit-window instead of thinking about playability.

What i've heard about this issue :

- trying to not curve wrist (because it make mouse rotation) can help.
i tried and it's true but it's not totally fixing it, it's only reducing it.

- a good gaming mouse can help.
i did not test a gaming mouse and i'm still playing with an office noname one.

The best you can do, is to reposition fast as soon as you can, don't wait for a break.
dung eater
Use the middle of your pad and learn to reposition. If the top right corner is most comfy now, move your pad so that place is in the middle of pad. Move your table, chair, monitor etc if need be. Try another chair or table if you feel that's a problem. Get a bigger pad, over double what you use for aim (triple width/height was good for me).

How and in which direction drift happens is personal. Learn to reposition. Learning to aim some pattern without drifting is possible, too.

After playing more the only maps that gave problems were the currently fast/hard maps. The old 4-6* maps that were a problem feel drift free when you can play 7*.

Mappers should just map how they want. If they want to make it easier or more effortless in some aspect they can. The maps are as difficult as they are in differend ways and it doesn't have to match the star rating or pp you get. The perfomance point system's job is to evaluate maps. Mapper's job is not to make sure some map matches the (expected, as in similiar to other maps player has playez of that rating) rating it's given.
illyTheKid

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

Blame mappers

That doesn't make any sense. Next you're going to blame mappers for making maps that don't fit your playstyle.
lewski

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

Blame mappers

Celine
maps r meant to be played
Juuuuuuuuul
Blame lack of humor instead. :p

edit, i'll quote myself to show what was the important point in my post :

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

The best you can do, is to reposition fast as soon as you can, don't wait for a break.
Bookworm
Some people try to practice playing in uncomfortable areas on there pad to get used to mouse drift. I personally found that method to be terrible, but it might work for you. Here are the tips that I use in my play and have seen top mouse players use for success.

*Play in the center of my mouse pad

*Do slight cursor dance in opposite direction of mouse drift. (Find out where your mouse tends to drift. Mine drifts left when I move counter-clock wise and moves right when going clock wise. Cursor dancing in curves can counter act mouse drift on some maps. Usually in long maps with out breaks.)

*Lifting your mouse quickly and moving back to a neutral position (whats comfortable). I tilt mouse to the side slightly and move back to neutral and continue playing. This is not always possible though

*This is difficult and not recomended, but getting a large mouse pad and moving your arm with the mouse drift. (only works if you wrist aim.)

* Remembering to reset to a neutral position during breaks and completed spinners. (you don't need 1000 more points over an fc)
Juuuuuuuuul

proteanhorse wrote:

*Do slight cursor dance in opposite direction of mouse drift. (Find out where your mouse tends to drift. Mine drifts left when I move counter-clock wise and moves right when going clock wise. Cursor dancing in curves can counter act mouse drift on some maps. Usually in long maps with out breaks.)
Nice idea, i'll try it too !
NimbleBiter
If you don't want to spend any money then learn to keep a strong grip and move the mouse accordingly, also set your hand in a big mouse pad in the middle.

money could go into this tho and something like a final mouse is super light and amazing tracking for good aim.
can't say much about drift tho because I don't have experience in that, and from what I can tell it can't be fixed in certain maps.
vSanguine
If you have a high sensitivity, you could holding your mouse so that the angle between your forearm and upper arm at the elbow is obtuse. Works like a charm for me
Topic Starter
subahibi

jaaakb wrote:

Use the middle of your pad and learn to reposition. If the top right corner is most comfy now, move your pad so that place is in the middle of pad. Move your table, chair, monitor etc if need be. Try another chair or table if you feel that's a problem. Get a bigger pad, over double what you use for aim (triple width/height was good for me).

Yea i will try that, maybe if i move monitor and chair a bit, i will have more space for my mouse on desk.

proteanhorse wrote:

That can be good idea, i will try that, though i am not sure if it will be good on harder maps

Thanks for response