forum

Hit a brick wall in skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jamie_
Hey,
recently I've been playing osu! on and off for a bit and have finally been playing consistently again for the past few weeks. Before, when I was at my peak and got all my top scores I was consistently improving and getting better at a good pace that I could feel. But recently I've not been able to fc anything, in the past few weeks I've had 1 play above 150pp. Since I used to be able to get 200+ pp when I was playing well its trashed my motivation to play a lot so I decided to try to get better at streaming, this is helping as my streaming skill has drastically improved from what it used to be but I still choke on 99% of maps that I play. I feel as if I've hit a brick wall in terms of fc ability and am here to ask if anyone has any advice they can give for overcoming a slump and getting back to my old form.

tldr; Took a short ish break, came back, played for a few weeks and not able to get many scores over 150pp. Need help to get back to old form.

Thanks for any help!
-CasualJam
Rikii
Up until last month, I was playing for like nothing. My top play was from last year so I also thought if I was stuck at that point. But then I got restricted(:p) and started going solo every night since I couldn't go multi.

I wasn't grinding, no. I was just playing the map for fun, didn't restart more than 5 times and just play like any kind of map that I enjoy listening to. Eventually I got more and more highscores in a month and gained like 20k rank. So yeah, my biggest tips is to play for fun.

For motivation I would say try to go for the FC even if it less than 200pp. I gained my first 200pp play when I'm at 50k, so I believe there are enough rooms for those pp. You get more pp, you get more rank. Game become more enjoyable and you will bet better.

PS: changing skin may give you a placebo effect of playing better, so feel free to try it.
Topic Starter
Jamie_
ok, thanks for the advice :P
Celine
nerve problems arent raw skill problems just care less about scores when playing and just focus on hitting stuffs or smth
Gasterus
I tried to take a break for a while and it sure helped me.
UnnamedBeast
learn to acc
My Angel Jeremy
play harder maps
the ball man
Here we have another 5 digit that doesn't know what to do with his life and asks thing on the forum hoping someone from the 3 digits could help them.
If you "hit a wall" stop playing and then come back after your 2-3 weeks break,try playing other games, osu! isn't the only game in the world
Celine

ItzJustAlex wrote:

Here we have another 5 digit that doesn't know what to do with his life and asks thing on the forum hoping someone from the 3 digits could help them.
If you "hit a wall" stop playing and then come back after your 2-3 weeks break,try playing other games, osu! isn't the only game in the world
or you can just be self concious and figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it and have said 2 weeks used to try to improve