forum

how did u discover osu and when did you realise you were addicted?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LordBravery
the perfect question, how did u discover osu and when did you realise you were addicted?
Achromalia
I don't exactly recall how exactly I got into osu!, but once I saw all the different songs and genres of music, and the fun there was in interacting with music in its rhythm, i was pretty hooked.
Tad Fibonacci
I think there's already a thread similar to this on GD.

But to answer your question, I first discovered Osu! by playing the iOS version on my iPad. It was quite fun but the songs are really limited and was pretty overpriced. Later I found out there's a PC version so I downloaded it and tried it out.

I wouldn't say that I'm addicted though. I do play regularly, albeit a lot less lately. I do enjoy Osu but I was never addicted to it.
levesterz
Let see how it started. Hmm ....... It all started 9 years ago when i
I was just browsing mindlessly in the depth of the site that name Youtube
I was searching for some game review and stuff . Then I stumble one youtuber is reviewing Osu and some gameplay footage . The song thst he was playing is very nice and such so I click on the link they provide and oh boy was it a huge mistake. Been stuck in here ever since.
Plini
discovered osu 9 years ago, I was 10 and some of my friends said that it improved aim in CS1.6, we used to play that a lot in computing classes.

i keep playing from time to time, it didn't improve my aim but holy shit it was lots of fun.

that's when I discovered some cookie that fced freedom dive and hommarju DTHD and got banned because of hacks lol, at that time I used to watch his live plays and I thought that playing osu with a tablet could be a lot funnier.

when I bought my 1st tablet in 2015 I couldn't go back, it was like a new game and since then I haven't really dropped this game.

also im a weeb because of this game
abraker
In internet, a gamer. Pathetic looser.
No leaderboard. One day, friend show new game.
I try game. But, mistake! I beat friend! No longer friend.
I look around, come to forums. No experience, know nobody, no shit.
OT give me place. Now I have something. OT friends and new addiction: OT give meaning.
My big secret: I hate this game. I bad gamer. The worst!
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

OT give me place. Now I have something. OT friends and new addiction: OT give meaning.
xDDDD oopsie woopsie i fucky wucky appwove of dis xPPPP u all awe vewy vewy shitposty OwO!!!
Achromalia

ColdTooth wrote:

abraker wrote:

xDDDD oopsie woopsie i fucky wucky appwove of dis xPPPP u all awe vewy vewy shitposty OwO!!!
idda bwewy bwewy fuwnny shitpowhst, i suppowt yow appwoovel of this powhst uwu uwu uwu!!!

*cough*

help.
Dawns
osu got posted to a forum board i frequented in 09. i checked it out, played it a bit.

i havent realized im addicted yet
keremaru
osu! appeared in recommended on youtube tv (watched shit ton of nightcore back in 13-year old land)
looked fun, watched caramel heaven insane fc
cool, forgot about it until a year ago
classmate in english class playing guitar hero-like game
me ask
"what game"
he say
"osu"
i go
"that osu?"
he go
"ye"
i download game, get ahri pfp
switch to bard
back to ahri
make first forum post in type until get error thread
get called idot by cynp-zy
become affiliated with ot
play osu!mania
play osu!std
play osu!taiko
play osu!ctb for next 10 months
past the 7-month mark i knew i addict osu
now i year old and hate fc'ing ctb
TheLegendaryHD
i discovered osu while watching sodapoppin stream when he was reacted to jhlee0133 plays a fool moon night which i think impossible for normal human being to do that shit, so i got interested in osu and try to download it and play some mania bois

i realized i was addicted to osu is when i dreamed about getting 95% accuracy on galaxy collapse
Radiohead
one time, i was at my grandma's house for the weekend and i was really wanting to find a rhythm/music video game and my uncle (which he was there at the time, and he's a gamer by the way)
he introduced me to this game called osu!

i was like "wot is that" and he showed me the game
after playing for a little bit, i knew i liked the game.
played it ever since.

i realized i was addicted to osu! was when I was playing the game every day for 3 months straight.
Serraionga
found it through some youtuber who is inactive now

this game was completely different compared to anything i played throughout my life (never played rhythm games before), and when i heard you could play with a fucking tablet—of all things—it just sparked my interest even more

however, as it happens with every game i play, i get bored of it after a while, i find better games to play and i don't come back to it after an extensive amount of time (or never, if the game has like no replayability at all).

Also, my days of addiction are long gone.

But I might come back.
Vuelo Eluko
how is 25 hrs in a year addicted
did i miss something
Zekks
my good friend Zersana and Numeel began playing it so i decided to check it out, i found out i was addicted when i got my tablet
roshan117
I watched a video of an undertale beatmap and was intrigued

IDK when I realized I was addicted
Nigrod
My friend told me about this game.
I said that’s pretty cool
So I downloaded the game
And an month in I’m somewhat addicted
that’s nice.

See this question s like the one in GD but adds the addicted part.
Journal
Ex showed me this game around 6 years ago on Google+, made an account after the constant videos of him playing being sent in the group chats, stopped playing after a month, forgot my password, and here I am again addicted...with a new account. Orz
TheLegendaryHD

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

how is 25 hrs in a year addicted
did i miss something

exactly what i thought
Nikolai
since the first circle
MisakiTobisawa-
I knew about this game for a long time but it looked hard as fuck. One day, I picked it up out of boredom. I already knew I would be addicted when I started because that's what happens to me with every rhythm game, or at least until it becomes too easy. That will never happen for a game like this, though. Fortunately, my parents want me to study, so I don't waste my whole life on this game.
Serraionga

Journal wrote:

with a new account
abraker
oof what a slip
Aiseca

Serraionga wrote:

Journal wrote:

with a new account

Hmm... I can see gray color looming over the horizon..
show more