ᎶᎧᏉᏋᏒᏁᎷᏋᏁᏖ ᏗᏕᏕᏋᎷᏰᏝᏋ

posted
Total Posts
show more
Achromalia

johnmedina999 wrote:

abraker wrote:

Also term limits. What are they?

I say one year per term. That's a whole lot of time on the internet. One or two terms only.

Fine by me -w-
johnmedina999
Today is the day. Let us begin our Constitutional Convention (temporary name)!
abraker
Place looks empty. Am I early?
Aiseca
No, you're on the wrong universe...
levesterz
Waaaaaaaaaat?
ColdTooth
hold on why the fuck is my name written in purple
abraker
is it now?

also what was your 1000th post?
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

also what was your 1000th post?
HOL' UP

I DELETED THAT ONE
Aiseca
It's about Westonini's bananas
abraker
lol old forum is still showing 1000
abraker
ok we are in a dire need of an update

the fuck is going on?
Sosteneshion

TeeArctic1 wrote:

which will be arranged here in OT in 3 days.
still waiting
Tad Fibonacci
Um... Tee? President Achro?

Anyone? Just me?

Ok.
Achromalia
TeeArctic help ;w;

In the meantime, I'm trying to summarize some talking points:

Forum Immigration Policy - What's to be done regarding the influx of foreign denizens from foreign forums who are seemingly displaced?

Open Borders or Hard Borders - Should we accept the integration of various forums as a temporary/permanent refuge, or strictly keep foreigners outside and direct them to a relevant forum?

Duck v Penguin Campaigns - Should we allow this? To what point would it be considered destructive zealotry? How will this be better regulated in order to prevent potential pro-animal rioting?

Further points to come.
Tad Fibonacci
I would like to state my opinion on the matters that mister president had brought up.

Regarding the immigration policy, In my opinion, OT is a free land of democratic shitposting and anyone should be allowed to participate in it's activities.
However, in recent times it would seems that numerous individuals from other forums have been migrating to OT in search of a more quality forum board.

That in itself isn't really a bad thing, but the threads that they have made are not of the OT standards and in my opinion, those threads can potentially severely damage OT threads's quality.
I think it's fine to welcome new denizens. In fact, I think OT is the most welcoming land on Osu! forums!
But to preserve out heritage and quality, we must not let OT to be filled with threads of GD's, Help's, G&R's or any other forums's quality.

OT's threads are unique, that's why the neighboring forum - GD has always been envious of us.
Where else on the Osu! forums can we get leg threads, arm threads, banana threads, waifu threads, etc?
Where else on the Osu! forums can we elect our own president?
What we have here is unique and I would like to preserve that.

In short, I have no problems with new denizens. But I think we should strictly direct foreigners from other forums to their relevant forum.

About the duck vs penguin campaign.
For now, although there were some light verbal insults, the campaign have been organised with a civilized manner.
We can maybe even open a poll for denizens to vote for their favorite bird, and make said bird to be OT's national animal. (Like how the bald eagle is the US's national animal)
But if things escalate into something more serious, then I think we should have the OT Police forces to ensure the security of OT by having appropriate actions.
abraker
I think new denizens here is a good thing, but misguided ones often disturb the quality we try to achieve. I think creating a department solely for handling such cases would be a good step forward. Its purpose would be to notify the proper foreign authorities to retrieve the content and denizen to the proper place. The ones part of that department would need to be those with connections to the foreign authorities.

Regarding the duck vs penguin campaign, I think the duck party is mostly composed of radicalists aiming to inject its agendas into everyday denizen affairs. We have no need for such. The penguins in OT must live in peace.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

Karhu wrote:

TeeArctic1 wrote:

which will be arranged here in OT in 3 days.

still waiting

H e h, yeah I'm actually spending too much time making an actual constitution that started as a joke and now I've come so far that I can't stop and I feel everlasting anxiety about releasing the draft in case I forgot some obvious parliamentary stuff so I may have been spending the last days reading through actual constitutions heh yeah

OT: In addition to the talking points already summarised by the President, which primarily consist of politcal matters, we also need to decide upon the following:

-Election process
-Denizen rights
-Economical foundation and plan
-Parliament structure
-Punishable acts
-Transportation and infrastructure policy

Amongst other things. I'll be back with all talking points when I've finished the draft
abraker

That's one yikes from me, dawg
Achromalia

abraker wrote:

That's one yikes from me, dawg

I noticed this exact line as well.

How curious.
abraker
WHERE IS DA DRAFT
Nigrod

abraker wrote:

WHERE IS DA DRAFT

The Military Draft?
Achromalia

abraker wrote:

ok we are in a dire need of an update

the fuck is going on?
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
Ey, I did a thing, here's the first part of the constitution, tell me what you think!

A. Concerning the citizen rights and legislative power.

I. The people shall practice their legislative powers through the OTParliament, wherein the representatives are chosen through free and secret elections. The denizens have the right to rule over local and personal threads as they see fit, as long as the reign does not conflict with the instructions provided by OTLaw.

I.b. The denizens may also choose one representative which shall act as president, and serve as chief in command and head of state.

II. Elections shall be held each year, where the president may serve for a maximum of two consecutive periods.

III.a. The right to vote in the elections is reserved for denizens who have aquired denizenship or will be aquiring denizenship by the month the elections take place.

III.b. In which cases denizens settled in other forums at the time of the elections, but otherwise fulfill the aforementioned requirements, should have the right to vote, shall be stated in OTLaw.

III.c. In which cases denizens who are otherwise considered clean of trashipitus, but whom, on the day of the election have been infected, shall be stated in OTLaw.

IV. Rules for census guiding and introduction of denizens eligible for voting into the census, shall be stated in OTLaw.

V. The right to vote shall be removed if;
a) A denizen has been bwoah'ed out of existence or has comitted a seriously punishable act in accordance to OTLaw.
b) Denizens which leave to serve other forums without the approval of the OTParliament.

VI. Elections shall be run as stated in OTLaw. Complaints concerning disputed right to vote, may be sent to the OTParliament.

VII. There shall be elected 7 representatives into the OTParliament, wherein one of them serves as the president.

VIII. The representatives may also choose one substitute member of parliament which shall overtake the duties of the representative should they not be capable of performing them themselves.

IX. In cases where the OTParliament are unable to decide upon an action, the President's vote shall count as two votes.

X. No representatives may be elected without being eligible to vote.

XI. The representatives shall remain elected for a period of one year.

XII. The OTParliament has the duty to:
a) Give and absolve laws; set taxes, fees, tolls and other official burdens.
b) Open and manage loans on the forum's behalf.
c) Keep track of the forum's finances and resources.
d) Manage the expenses which are necessary to keep the forums running.
e) administrate the enforcement of OTLaw by the OTPD
f) Ensure quality remains within the forums.

XIII.a. Presentations of new laws, changing of laws or absolving of laws must be done in the OTParliament through gifs or memes, either from a representative or a denizen.

XIII.b. After the idea has been suggested, the representatives shall review the law and either give it a Royal Society stamp of approval or condemn it to shitposting hell to be locked.

XIII.c. If the suggestion is condemned, it shall be reviewed once more with lower standards whilst provided with constructive criticism. If the law remains shit, it shall be locked and ignored. If it becomes better after the criticism, the OTParliament may vote over it once more.

XIII.d. Between each review, there must be at least five new threads.

XIV. If the OTParliament accepts the law, it shall be sent onwards to the president which chooses whether or not he or she will bump the law, integrating it into OTLaw.
Achromalia

TeeArctic1 wrote:

Ey, I did a thing, here's the first part of the constitution, tell me what you think!

A. Concerning the citizen rights and legislative power.

I. The people shall practice their legislative powers through the OTParliament, wherein the representatives are chosen through free and secret elections. The denizens have the right to rule over local and personal threads as they see fit, as long as the reign does not conflict with the instructions provided by OTLaw.

I.b. The denizens may also choose one representative which shall act as president, and serve as chief in command and head of state.

II. Elections shall be held each year, where the president may serve for a maximum of two consecutive periods.

III.a. The right to vote in the elections is reserved for denizens who have aquired denizenship or will be aquiring denizenship by the month the elections take place.

III.b. In which cases denizens settled in other forums at the time of the elections, but otherwise fulfill the aforementioned requirements, should have the right to vote, shall be stated in OTLaw.

III.c. In which cases denizens who are otherwise considered clean of trashipitus, but whom, on the day of the election have been infected, shall be stated in OTLaw.

IV. Rules for census guiding and introduction of denizens eligible for voting into the census, shall be stated in OTLaw.

V. The right to vote shall be removed if;
a) A denizen has been bwoah'ed out of existence or has comitted a seriously punishable act in accordance to OTLaw.
b) Denizens which leave to serve other forums without the approval of the OTParliament.

VI. Elections shall be run as stated in OTLaw. Complaints concerning disputed right to vote, may be sent to the OTParliament.

VII. There shall be elected 7 representatives into the OTParliament, wherein one of them serves as the president.

VIII. The representatives may also choose one substitute member of parliament which shall overtake the duties of the representative should they not be capable of performing them themselves.

IX. In cases where the OTParliament are unable to decide upon an action, the President's vote shall count as two votes.

X. No representatives may be elected without being eligible to vote.

XI. The representatives shall remain elected for a period of one year.

b) Open and manage loans on the forum's behalf.
c) Keep track of the forum's finances and resources.
d) Manage the expenses which are necessary to keep the forums running.
e) administrate the enforcement of OTLaw by the OTPD
f) Ensure quality remains within the forums.

XIII.a. Presentations of new laws, changing of laws or absolving of laws must be done in the OTParliament through gifs or memes, either from a representative or a denizen.

XIII.b. After the idea has been suggested, the representatives shall review the law and either give it a Royal Society stamp of approval or condemn it to shitposting hell to be locked.

XIII.c. If the suggestion is condemned, it shall be reviewed once more with lower standards whilst provided with constructive criticism. If the law remains shit, it shall be locked and ignored. If it becomes better after the criticism, the OTParliament may vote over it once more.

XIII.d. Between each review, there must be at least five new threads.

XIV. If the OTParliament accepts the law, it shall be sent onwards to the president which chooses whether or not he or she will bump the law, integrating it into OTLaw.
Well, damn. This was actually kinda cool to read.

Though this seems more fitting for abraker's ideology for quality, it's really quite good.

I don't think I have much else to say to it. But I'm willing to see what the rest of you guys think.
Tad Fibonacci
I have some questions about the constitution.

TeeArctic1 wrote:

So will there be another election for said positions? If yes then when will it take place and who can enter?
And can I get more details about what the seven representatives's duties are?

TeeArctic1 wrote:

We have to pay taxes?
Will it be in Peppy coins or any other currency?
abraker
Ok this is a shipwreck. Let me voice my thoughts on each point.

I. - What does "secret" mean in this context? That elections will be conducted by some group of people secret from many denizens of OT? Hell no. Denizens must know when elections take place and be able to respond to them.

I.b. - Keyword "may". Which means not only denizens can choose, and furthermore doesn't specify it being specifically denizens of OT.

II. - ok

III.a. - How is denizenship determined? Historically, the OT Royal Society of Quality has automatically registered denizens for denizenship as soon as they meet the activeness requirement for joining the OT Royal Society of Quality, "You must have been present in the land of OT for no less than sixty days and have participated in this land's activities enough to present a ten page history of your participation". We'll need to discuss this separately.

III.b. - aka duel denizenship. ok. What does the "shall be stated in OTLaw" part mean?

III.c. - What does the "shall be stated in OTLaw" part mean?

IV. - What does the "shall be stated in OTLaw" part mean?

V. a) - At least a few denizens qualify for this. There should be a forgiveness clause.

V. b) - I would extend this only as far as G&R and GD tbh. We never had as bad of runins with other subforums.

VI. - Is this a duplicate of one of the first few points? This point needs clarification of its purpose.

VII. - And if there is not enough willing denizens for 7?

IX. - The OT Royal Society would like a word on this one.

X. - Ok, how about we group all the election related votes and organize the order of this whole thing? Many related points are scattered all over the place

IX. - "for no more than one year" smh

XII. a) - ok.

XII. b) - ehhhh unless anyone has anything to say about this.

XII. c) - At this point I have to ask what checks upon the OTParliament to do its job?

XII. d) - ok.

XII. e) - This should be headed by the members of OTParliament with connections to people with power to do so as granted by the overlords.

XII. f) - OT Royal Society of Quality shall be the sole entity responsible of managing the forum quality. The OT Royal Society of Quality shall also work with the OTParliament to accept members dedicated for managing forum quality.

XIII.a. - ok, but how and where does the OTParliament operate?

XIII.b. - ok.

XIII.c. - ok

XIII.d. - odd, but ok.

XIV. - ok

@Tad Fibonacci there is a weakly established unit of exchange as of right now, be it peppy coins or OT bucks, but I can see in the future that a more centralized system might be implemented. Currently a lot of the infrastructure for that is not in place and further discussion will need to happen to determine how everything will work.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

abraker wrote:

Ok this is a shipwreck. Let me voice my thoughts on each point.

I. - What does "secret" mean in this context? That elections will be conducted by some group of people secret from many denizens of OT? Hell no. Denizens must know when elections take place and be able to respond to them.

I.b. - Keyword "may". Which means not only denizens can choose, and furthermore doesn't specify it being specifically denizens of OT.

II. - ok

III.a. - How is denizenship determined? Historically, the OT Royal Society of Quality has automatically registered denizens for denizenship as soon as they meet the activeness requirement for joining the OT Royal Society of Quality, "You must have been present in the land of OT for no less than sixty days and have participated in this land's activities enough to present a ten page history of your participation". We'll need to discuss this separately.

III.b. - aka duel denizenship. ok. What does the "shall be stated in OTLaw" part mean?

III.c. - What does the "shall be stated in OTLaw" part mean?

IV. - What does the "shall be stated in OTLaw" part mean?

V. a) - At least a few denizens qualify for this. There should be a forgiveness clause.

V. b) - I would extend this only as far as G&R and GD tbh. We never had as bad of runins with other subforums.

VI. - Is this a duplicate of one of the first few points? This point needs clarification of its purpose.

VII. - And if there is not enough willing denizens for 7?

IX. - The OT Royal Society would like a word on this one.

X. - Ok, how about we group all the election related votes and organize the order of this whole thing? Many related points are scattered all over the place

IX. - "for no more than one year" smh

XII. a) - ok.

XII. b) - ehhhh unless anyone has anything to say about this.

XII. c) - At this point I have to ask what checks upon the OTParliament to do its job?

XII. d) - ok.

XII. e) - This should be headed by the members of OTParliament with connections to people with power to do so as granted by the overlords.

XII. f) - OT Royal Society of Quality shall be the sole entity responsible of managing the forum quality. The OT Royal Society of Quality shall also work with the OTParliament to accept members dedicated for managing forum quality.

XIII.a. - ok, but how and where does the OTParliament operate?

XIII.b. - ok.

XIII.c. - ok

XIII.d. - odd, but ok.

XIV. - ok

@Tad Fibonacci there is a weakly established unit of exchange as of right now, be it peppy coins or OT bucks, but I can see in the future that a more centralized system might be implemented. Currently a lot of the infrastructure for that is not in place and further discussion will need to happen to determine how everything will work.

I'll rework it, nevertheless, keep in mind that this is just the first part, not the entire constitution, and that a constitution is not law, that's for us to discuss afterwards.

Also I'll address some of the points you raised with suggestions.

I. Secret in this context means that your vote isn't open to the public, not that the election itself is secret, but maybe confidential would be a better word?

I.b will be changed to shall

II. Yeah, I agree, I can add that point, although I would question whether or how to qualify for denizenship should be stated in legislative rather than law.

III.b -IV: OTLaw is what should be our lawbook and more where politics come into place whereas the constitution functions more as statutes or guidelines for how the state works and so on. Seeing as we have no lawbook atm, this would be something to discuss later.

V.a Forgiveness clause suggestions are much appreciated. Maybe a plea is required?

V.b But that could change over time, if the constitution is going to remain over time, wouldn't it be better not to exclude specific forums just because of status today?

VI. This point has to do with the practical execution of an election, from how you can give your vote, what a voting bill should look like, how the results should be announced and so forth, which in itself contains so many details, I find it better to state those rules in a lawbook.

VII. The specific number could be changed, although I thought that 7 would be small enough, yet large enough that it could be feasible yet democratic. But by all means, could be lower.

IX. What do you suggest, that the royal society is allowed a tiebreaker in matters of parliament? That it's an independent organ? Please clarify.

X. Fair, it could be organised under subcategories so it's easier to navigate.

XI. It doesn't say for no more than one year, it says they're elected for one period, which doesn't mean they can't run again, rather that they have to run again to be re-elected.

XIII.a I think I'll clarify that and other purely structural points in other parts. I could include a section about meetings and so on here though.

I'm working on the judicial part of the constitution now which should solve some of the issues raised, but there's a reason why I like the input
abraker
I. - "wherein the representatives being voted for are voted through free elections for which each individual's vote shall be classified as confidential information."

V. - To be discussed

V.b - What qualifies as leaving OT for other sunforums?

IX. - Tiebreaker

XI. - The terms of representatives shall last one year
ColdTooth
lol
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
Fair changes, although I'm still on the fence regarding giving the royal society a tiebreaker, if there are no more comments on the legislative part, I'll move on to the other parts, then maybe reviewing when it all comes together
abraker
a go ahead from me
abraker
bumping this

we need to have this going

why do governments always work so slowly?
Achromalia
Perhaps we need a multitude of congressional members, as opposed to only one guy working on the whole thing.
Tad Fibonacci

Achromalia wrote:

Perhaps we need a multitude of congressional members, as opposed to only one guy working on the whole thing.
Well, this call for a recruiting thread then.

As president, you should start one yourself.
Aiseca
Any ideas for immigration and border security. It seems to me like OT is very open against random attacks from outside. Does the government have enough money to spend on security equipments?

Sending this thread up, so the dead threads sink further......
abraker
Obviously there will be randoms incoming from time to time which cause a disturbance. I would better want to know what most of those people ended up doing after posting. I don't see many of them follow up, and I think that is the frustrating part.
Achromalia

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Well, this call for a recruiting thread then.

As president, you should start one yourself.
Alright.

We'll have to consider some things first, something we probably should've worked together on with the Presidential election and whatnot before any of it even happened.

For now, we'll just need a congressional group of sorts who can handle the law-keeping, governance, whatever. Qualified™ people.

We could formulate what this congressional committee is in a few different ways. At the moment, I'm thinking of something along the lines of a committee that will come with ideas and debate amongst one another on shit.

So how do we judge this? Is this recruitment, or is this another form of election?

I'm just throwing some ideas out here. I'm not sure of what the hell I'm doing so I might as well get feedback.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
Yeah, I've sort of been busy last few days with real-life elections/conferences/politics and sickness, so haven't had much time to write this constitution, but having more help would certainly help.

At the moment, what I struggle with the most is writing down all the relevant points from actual constitutions and transforming them into points that would work for a forum like this one, as well as organising the constitution to be easy to navigate. I should have a lot of time the next two days though, so I should be good to work on it a lot then.

I think help would be best organised through either a discord group or a spreadsheet/document which can be edited and added to in real time so the entire thing is easier to work with.
abraker
what do you guys feel about an exclusive channel for such?
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

abraker wrote:

what do you guys feel about an exclusive channel for such?

On the OT discord?
show more