forum

Ask the person below you anything

posted
Total Posts
show more
Achromalia
i'm not in the mood to properly answer the question. it's a good question. you'd know why i asked the second part had you taken a look around, i guess.

it's a bit of both, i'd guess, but

more along the lines of change through experience.

sq.
Tad Fibonacci
The way I see it, living conditions do affect human's personality. But i feel like our personalities have already been decided the day of our birth.
For example, twins even though they are born into the same family, the same date and time, their experiences in life are still different to an extent but they are quite similar in living conditions, yet their personalities can be vastly different.
They can be born in the same environment and have similar experiences but they like and hate different things, and develop different personalities.

What are your opinions on wars, especially the 2 world wars.
45Traeath

Achromalia wrote:

45Traeath wrote:

<2nd part.>
Not necessarily what I meant by the question. In my usage of humanity's state of being, I'm referring to "the fact or state of existing; being", and "the fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth". In the scope of the past and future-- well, we're pretty damn temporary, so any sort of great future seems unlikely with things considered as to how things are now. That, and that us humans cannot exactly say with certainty how we got here. We can only make claims.
- - -
OT: "Extreme luck" moment? That's a strange phrase, but ehm... I'm not sure, really. I may have, by some chance in the chaotic timeline that is life, but I don't have a particular experience I can point to.
In that sense, it's to me surprising that we, as a whole, are still here.
That's at a first thought. On the second one, it seems... "Simple"? "Bland"?
The fact that "we are temporary" kind of loses importance, in my mind; I just can't feel that surprise anymore because ofthe next generations take over part of our "roles/work", "aptitudes".
- - - -
Well, it could either be someone or something, that came out of nowhere and saved you in any way.
Or any event that has a mathematical chance of below 0.1% to happen in your favor.
I only dropped that question out of... Distress? Eh.

*One day later*

Yeh, kind of, "distress".
It just pains me when I'm just not running into the right Pokemon at the right levels. (Sure, "nothing important", I would understand.)
30% is still too low for someone like me, it seems.
Wars as a whole...
Given that we were scattered around this huge field (planet) from the beginning, it feels like they were bound to happen due to us having different visions/opinions, which was due to the surroundings not being the same around all of us.
In a nutshell: I would forgive them for happening, but come on now.
(I wonder what kind of BS I would have written, if I didn't understand the logic of "differences and choices can lead to conflicts".)
WW1...
I forgot the context XD
WW2...
According to my memories from school, it began after a long setup by that racist and antisem' who was quite disgusted by the defeat during WW1 and the fact that his country just went with it.
I forgot the things I had researched about him, during the year I passed in uni', but eh.
So, my thoughts...
WW2 was the most pointless event that could have happened ever.
At least, lessons were learnt and countermeasures were taken afterwards, I guess.
Maybe this was the best way to make us aware of some stuff, which made us ("humanity") try to walk towards the right direction. That's what I'd like to believe.

After thinking about this answer, I kind of feel like I was born in the wrong time again, seeing how the bar is getting raised in Paris.
I'm not sure of the wording, so I'll just write another phrase: living there feels even more difficult than years ago.
Maybe because of whatever I've learnt so far.
How's that feeling, in your case?
TeeArctic1
In my case, I don't really think about being born in another time. I really make do with reality as it's presented, and strive to make the present as good as it can get. The 21st century brings a lot of advantages, and a lot of disadvantages though. Looking at myself, I probably wouldn't have minded being born earlier though, would give me more time to tackle big issues like climate.
I do feel like a 70-year old man sometimes, and have, much to my astonishment, caught myself saying things like "Youths nowadays..." begrudgingly, although I myself belong to that group.
But yeah, I'm fine where I am, led me to become who I am now.

Should we start using humans as resources?
Intricate matter, but some friends and me thought of why we don't make human leather from skin, or string from hair, or feed from the meat. What's your take on it ethically, societally,usage-wise and naturally?
Tad Fibonacci
Well, in a sense humans are resources. But just not in the way that you've said.
Ethically, it is obviously wrong but to be honest, I don't think that human parts are of good enough quality to be made into other produces.
Like, instead of using human skin to make leather, why not just use pig's skin or cow's skin? They mature much quicker than humans, easier to farm and their skin is of higher quality and quantity.
And by using humans as actual resources, you'd miss out on another invaluable resource - work resources.
Humans can be considered as a resource in the work force, in military and/or other.
So killing of humans just for their skins or bones is a waste in my opinion.

---

Same question
Achromalia
Ahhh, my lack of a solidly grounded opinion in most things regarding ethics, and my unfamiliarity with society and nature.

A good time to show my weird trains of thought before I sleep.

Cannibalism? If you've not the resources, like Russia's famine thing at some vague point in time and place since I don't remember dates or sources, then there isn't a whole lot you can do. In these cases, I suppose it would be a matter of governmental responsibility if taking care of their citizens is what they'd handle, of course. Eating the meat of a fellow human would be admittedly pretty fucking strange. Essentially, eating a sentient and intelligent being, seems like it'd be pretty fucking strange. Society, in its umbrella-term usage, generally sees this as rather immoral and inhumane.

Utility? I find it difficult that human bodies would be of a whole lot of use. I've yet to develop much else to say with this.

Naturally? What would that mean?

...Hmm. My thoughts aren't very well fleshed out as of right now.

- - -

What's your stance on the voting process or other stuff in OT for the presidential election?
Tad Fibonacci
I'm hosting the election and to be honest, it could've ran much smoother.
I kinda hate the fact that I had to reset the 3rd phase to make it work better.
Well, the voting method is quite okay now but I messed up too many times to make it so.

But I still haven't managed to get as many voters as before.
The voting phase will last for 3 days though so hopefully there should be more people that decides to vote.

---

Who would you consider to be your ideal life partner? / Describe your ideal life partner.
45Traeath
I can't even say "Who" because of my standards. I don't think I could ever find an "other half" like this.

Laid back. Not too much into fashion.
(Well, a change of clothes is nice, but I wouldn't want to buy at short intervals.)
Above all, keen sense of hygiene.
I didn't think of anything else in the 6mins I've used for this.
(I might throw away my family name for hers, if she has at least what I've just said, and a name I could accept.)

Just for the looks, what's your favorite melee weapon?
keremaru
Dual swords. Flashy, more crit rate, multiple stances available to give a competitive edge, and they make you look cool even when you're not using them.

What's your opinion on children's shows from 2016 - now?
TeeArctic1
I mean, you do have some good shows inbetween, and I love that smaller, independent artists have an easier time (purely subjective) breaking through and showing their work. I will say that I'm not as excited about cartoons now as I used to be, maybe because I grew up with some shows whose newer adaptations I didn't like (Titans GO, PPG, Ben 10 as a couple examples), but at the same time, I'm not too upset. Cartoons nowadays aren't made for me, they're made for this generation of kids, and if it works for them, I think they fulfill their purpose.

What concerns you the most regarding your future?
Tad Fibonacci
Whether or not I can make money.
I need money to have a comfortable life.
I'll need money to get my own place and car.
I'll need money to travel the world, to see places.

----

Same question
Achromalia

If I'm able to adapt.

If I'm able to endure.

If I'm able to do what I love.

If I'm able to express myself better.

If I see a reason why anything matters.

If I'm able to understand people well enough to have someone understand me, or at least...

If I'm able to ever understand myself.

I don't know.

- - -

Have you ever been told you were "so capable", "so smart", with "so much potential"... yet... you feel as if you can't do or change a damn thing, despite your attempts?
payney
constantly

storytime i dropped out of school semi-recently because of just really poor grades among other issues that i currently have to deal with in my life. before i could leave though, i had quite a lot of people including my friends tell me about my potential, or that i was capable of turning things around. and i know that they're not entirely wrong, i just have zero work ethic, both for school and in life. and i mean even for things that i WANT to do. example: if i wanna sit on osu! and grind a map for a pass, i'll probably sit in osu for maybe an hour adding attempts, practicing other maps, etc. then just get bored and do something else. maybe not the best example but u can get what i'm saying. i know i HAVE potential to do a lot of things, but i don't ever use it and it's been my biggest downfall for probably my whole life. oh well.

same q
Achromalia
Yes.

It's been a few years.

I wanted to change things from what I saw coming.

I met people. I tried talking to more people. I opened up.

But my grades dropped, and my family had been falling apart.

I saw it coming. I saw it coming.

I met someone I had a crush on. We shared interests. We shared passions and talents. Music. Art. Fandoms.

That person had a personality that somehow just... attracted me. Magnetizing. Optimism to counter my pessimism.

Before long, I realized it wasn't as much of a crush as I thought, and that it had been more along the lines of admiration.

I questioned the nature of love.

And then I questioned myself.

And I thought of some things.

And I learned some things.

And I forgot some things.

And I lost some things.

I would be talked to about my grades. People saw me as a smart boy. Intelligent, a deep thinker. What sort of shit is that?

I have potential? If only I could bring out that potential.

I was capable? Then why didn't I do anything?

...why didn't I?

I didn't try enough? How?

I got tired of trying. I got tired of trying not to be tired. I was tired of how tired I was. I was tired. I was fatigued.

Apathy.

I endured.

I didn't care anymore.

No reason to, but no reason not to.

Or something along those lines.

Death, as pointless as life.

I'm not even answering the question, am I?

...but I'm still going with "yes".

- - -

Are you tired? Why, or why not?
Tad Fibonacci
Every time.
People would call me "capable", "smart", "knowledgeable" etc but I never saw myself as such.
I always feels like as if I'm the type of person who likes to do everything alone but I can't do anything by myself.
It feels like as if they'd only tell me that so that they don't have to try on anything.
Like if I explain something to them but they can't understand it, they'll just say "oh but it's because you're smart".
If I try to show them how to do something, they'll just say "I can't do that, you're much better than I am".
I'm sick of hearing compliments like that.

I can do something because I'm "smart" or "better" than normal people? Bullshit.
Anyone can do what I do. They just need to put a little effort into it.
Compliments like that makes me feel as if they're implying that I never put any effort into doing anything in my life and I only depended on my talents instead.
Truth is I'm a talentless and mediocre person. What I can do, I had to work for it again and again.
I'm not a genius or a remarkable person. I can't achieve anything remotely remarkable. I had to try so hard to do things that normal people do so easily.

----

Same question.

Ah shit I even got ninja'd on this thread.

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty tired lately.
There are tons of things that I had to do, and so little time to do all of them.

----

Same question.
payney
i've been hella tired recently, regardless of the amount of sleep i get or what i do all day. idk what to do.

how do you get out of a peak boredom state? like, when you're REALLY bored, what's your last resort?
Tad Fibonacci
When I am really bored and have nothing to do (which is pretty rare lately).
I have would imagine stuffs. Like go on an adventure in my head.
I'd imagine what it's like to fly, to go anywhere I like, to visit countries.
Or I could imagine a story for a novel that I've always wanted but would never write.

----

What is the thing that you like and hate most about yourself?
Achromalia
Simultaneously, or separately?

My apath--...

I'm not sure if I'm even apathetic anymore.

The emotions are there. They're just... repressed, or something.

I hate that I can't understand things well enough.

I appreciate that I at least kept going, kept living, to at least see where I can take this.

- - -

sq.
TeeArctic1
Simultaneously, uh I'd have to go with my naivety, I guess

Makes it easier to make friends and I really like trusting and supporting people, but it also hits me in the face whenever the world isn't as nice as I want it to be or when my kindness prevents me from moving forward in life. I don't want the road to success to be paved by the people I've stepped on to get there

Who's a role model in ypur life, why, and how have they affected you or changed you?
Penguin
I’d say that I have no role models other than myself. I don’t want to strive to be someone else, I want to be me. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. 2016 version of me is the person who is my role model. I was so happy, motivated, driven, compassionate, etc, but I seem to have lost many of those things.

Same Q
Tad Fibonacci
I don't really have a role model. I just try to become the best version of myself. (Sorry if this sounds a bit similar to Penguin's answer).

----

If there are two things that is exactly the same with no differences, but one is real and one is fake.
And of course you know exactly which one is real and which one is fake.
Then which one do you think has a higher value? (Can be monetary value and/or spiritual value)
Penguin
The real one of course has more value. You see it a lot in watches and clothing. There's a lot of fakes that are near identical to the human eye. If you were to buy the fake one, then you wouldn't be supporting the company and people that put so much time and effort into creating it though, so I always go genuine even if the fake is cheaper.

Have you had any teachers that have had a lasting impact on your life? If so, why?
Achromalia
Certainly, in some way or another. I often wind up talking with my teachers for whatever reason, and we can sometimes get into some interesting conversations.

Things like that happened a lot back in middle school and my freshman year.

It's thanks to them for engaging in conversations that I've had the means to analyze and apply my train of thought with.

Not gonna go into too much detail since I'm at school, but yeah, my teachers have certainly played a part in my life as I developed my thought process.

- - -

Your opinion on college? In which cases is it worth it, and in which would it not be worth it?
Tad Fibonacci
I'm in uni atm and in my opinion, it's really up to the person whether it's worth it or not.
To me, it's not that bad.

But is it worth it? Well, I can't say for now, maybe I can answer that question after I've graduated.
Right now I don't really know how I should feel about uni.
I do feel like 4 years in uni is too long and I do feel like I'm missing out a lot.
I'm in 2nd year now but I feel like I haven't learned much at all.
But it did gave me some interesting experience that I won't be able to experience anywhere else that I think would serve me well after I graduated.

So I guess I feel like I didn't learned much, but I did matured a lot ever since I got into uni.
Or maybe that maturity would come gradually anyways regardless of me going to uni or not, but I don't know.
And also if I go to uni, I'll have a better chance at having a good job so that's good I guess.
But I'll have to wait until I graduate to know for sure though. My older brother went to uni too and he got a job that had nothing to do with his major.

- - - -

What is the cringiest thing that you've done in the past?
45Traeath
Singing. Well, not the act in itself, but rather what song went out of my mouth.
My audience being classmates of that time I've done it.
I could forgive myself a bit, because it was as a game, the "jukebox".
But that's one of the directions/paths/actions I regret having gone through.

How's the night ("cold", "noisy because of the wind", ...)?
Achromalia
...?

That;s a pretty unusual question, but ehm...

It's a quiet night tonight. Silent, even. I'm just here, on my laptop, in an otherwise pitch-black bedroom, with very little to do.

- - -

What are your favorite songs?
Tad Fibonacci
I have a lot of favorite songs, but I guess most of them came from video games.
Some of them are:

Rivers in the desert
Memories of dust
Snow drive
Teo
Bad apple
Take me home, country road
Idola circus
The lost one's weeping
The importance of being idle
Francium - Nanahira
Everyday is night
Power - Kanye West
Stand by me
Wanderer

And so on but that's all I can remember right now.

- - - -

Same question
Birdy
Secede - Born in a Tropical Swamp (most likely my all-time favourite song)
Sweet Trip - To All the Dancers of the World, a Round Form of Fantasy
múm - The Land Between Solar Systems
Belong - October Language
Paavoharju - Pimeänkarkelo
Paavoharju - Italialaisella Laivalla
Candy Claws - White Seal (Shell and Spine)
William Basinski - dlp 1.1
Massive Attack - Small Time Shot Away
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
The Future Sound of London - Viewed From an Obscure Angle
Angèle - Ta Reine
Healer - The Answer
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Euphotic
Braids - Glass Deers
Igorrr - Infinite Loop
Birdy - 1901
Choongum - A Church of Beauty and Despair

same q
Achromalia
Argh, I really wanna answer this question but I'm going have a hell of a hard time sifting through the music I listen to...

I'll edit this to include 30 of my favorites (in no particular order) so I dont flood the damn post and so I dont die trying to find my favorites.

Thank you for understanding, I will edit this soon.

- - -

SQ.
keremaru
TL;DR, catchy Touhou songs, mostly from Akatsuki Records, some from Yellow Zebra, めらみぽっぷ, and あよ, but too ranged to be definitive.

Would you prefer coffee or ice cream on a fictional date?
Tad Fibonacci
I don't really get the "fictional date" part. But normally, I would prefer coffee over ice cream.

- - - -

Would you rather having to beat Dark souls with only a broken sword or pass a 7* map on Osu! With mouse only?
Penguin
7* map with mouse only. I’m already a mouse player, so I pretty much just have to pick a map with few triples/streams and only jumps and I can pass it.

If you watch movies, do you tend to look for new movies or rewatch ones you’ve already seen.
Achromalia
Hmm, tendencies. Unless anime counts, I don't really watch movies. For anime, it's a bit of both for varying reasons, but I think I'd be willing to try different anime a bit more.

- - -

Do you constantly second-guess yourself and get caught up in your own flowing long trains of thought?
Arbusion
yes, all the time, i have anxiety about stupid things all the time, and think i've messed things up in the past, and then i just constantly think about what would be different, etc.
i also get caught in long trains of thought related to daydreams, or people i miss etc. basically i'm a mess lmao, anyway..

- - -

what is the most egotistical thing you said in the past that you find stupid and cringe now?
Journal
The closest I've ever come to 'egotistical' was when I asked a classmate in 4th grade,
"Why are you so stupid?" Other than that, I keep my actual thoughts hidden.

Trigger Warning
In your opinion, do you think the right/motive to commit/attempt suicide is debatable or not?
Achromalia
First, the phrasing is a little hard to figure out, as "right" and "motive" are not synonymous, and neither are "commit" and "attempt". In the latter two, it's more understandable to some extent? But anyways, not to go too into detail, I'm being led to cherrypick my ways of answering this question. I'll answer it in whatever way seems to make most sense.

"In your opinion, do you think the motive to commit suicide is debatable or not?" - The motive? Generally speaking, many people can and would debate anyone's motive, so yes, it's technically debatable,...

...but would I debate someone's motive to kill themselves? I can only say it depends on the motive, but within my own conclusions, i'd recommend against suicide.

In my case, I felt little reason to continue living, as I resided within an existentially nihilistic worldview. I avoided that by somehow coming across the thought that when regarding our existence, if life seemed pointless, death would be equally as pointless. Everyone's case varies though and may depend on misfortune in their life, or on having the knowledge of the misfortune of others, or on any other sort of perspective or basis.

Hopefully it sufficiently answered the question.

- - -

What's your MBTI or "Myers-Briggs" personality type?
Tad Fibonacci
I think there's already a thread about this if I'm not mistaken.

Well, anyways I got INTJ-A.

Here's the text if you're interested.

SPOILER
https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

- - - -

Same question since I can't think of anything else to ask.
Achromalia
INTP-A, on my end. Interesting.

huh, I guess I would've expected that of ya.

so far, I'm finding INTJs to be relatively easy to spot. I really only say that with the background knowledge of knowing my dad who I've typed as an INTJ, as I've shown him the MBTI website, test, and 16 personalities recently.

- - -

Achromalia wrote:

What's your MBTI or "Myers-Briggs" personality type?
Westonini
Took this last month.

edit: https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

-----

same question.
Sosteneshion

What do you think about the immigrants in your country?
show more