forum

Ask the person below you anything

posted
Total Posts
show more
45Traeath
(What a timing to get into the games.)

Well... I drew this self of mine like... In 2k17, I think.

Ever heard a story about a "foolish unlucky man"?
CatzerTM
i don't think so, maybe

when have you last had a heart breaking moment
Achromalia
I'm not sure if I can classify it as heartbreaking. It didn't necessarily feel as if it broke my heart, but it did at least kill me a little inside.

...the time my mother and her boyfriend left and moved out, sometime during late April of 2018. My birthday was earlier that month.

they took almost everything with them.

we only had a little less than a hundred dollars or so. not much food left other than whatever was spoiling on the counters after they took the refrigerator. not to mention, they took the washer and dryer as well.

we had enough money to buy a mini-fridge by her mercy, giving about 50 dollars or so, if i recall correctly.

didn't get to drink or eat much, but whatever i could find would manage to be enough for the afternoon and late nights. i remember being exhausted, ready to hurl after helping my dad with all the boxes, after having packed them with him. we drove to the self-storage cell and managed to fit a fair amount. the piano was badly damaged after falling while it was being picked up. might not get to play it again. i loved that piano.

...among other things.

alright, that's enough for last year's shitty events. tune in next time for more depression with your local skeleboi.

- - -

When have you last had a life-changing moment?
payney
i got broken up with unexpectedly a bit over a month ago. first time i felt like i was genuinely in love, but oh well. it's over now, what can i do? it didn't end on a sour note, we're still cool. just sucks.

what was the last thing someone said to you that made you smile?
Achromalia
I don't recall, but it'd technically be today. I've got a few great friends, even though they're not really invested in the friendship for what can be seen (a healthy and fair choice, i suppose), they do make me laugh and are great to be around while we're there at school.

- - -

What's the most uplifting event you've had in the last several months?
Penguin
I don't know to be honest. The past few months have been really shitty. I guess I got a new job? That's kinda uplifting seeing as how it's miles ahead of being unemployed.

What is your opinion on e-cigarettes/vapes?
johnmedina999
I don't hate them any less than traditional cigarettes.

What is your favorite genre of fiction?
Tad Fibonacci
For a video game, I like fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk etc...

What are you easily impressed by?
Achromalia
It's hard to list and discern.

But some examples would be other fellow artists and musicians, typically of a higher skill than mine.

Sometimes it'd be impressive to consistently see a musician produce high-quality electronic music released weekly, in this case, their workflow and productivity is impressive.

Eh.

- - -

Smartphones, or PCs?
johnmedina999
PC, definitely. Even though smartphones are more mobile/portable, you trade that in for versatility. I will never be able to edit an image or video as precisely or efficiently and upload it as quickly as I could with a PC.

What do you do when you really don't want to do something but you still gotta do it? Just suck it up and deal with it?
Tad Fibonacci
I'll probably would do it as quickly and efficiently as possible so that I can be over with it and spend my time and energy to other more interesting stuffs, like shit posting on OT.

What was the scariest moment of your life?
Achromalia
First -- Re-evaluate the reasoning as to why one would have to do said thing. If you deem it to be reasonably necessary, then...

Second -- Endure. Buckle your seatbelts, and hold on for dear life, or dear death.

...Or buckle the ends of the stapler over there if that's the job you so choose.

I dunno what it is you do.

And good luck!

Addendum: If unsure, repeat the first step until you've procrastinated long enough that you realize you should probably get to whatever it is that you've "gotta do". That's how it had gone on my end.

OT: Realizing that I got ninja'd after typing out a pretty damn long post before figuring out I could just edit this.

In reality, I don't really recall. There's a few moments that are particularly negative, but not necessarily scary.

Well, I suppose of those times, there was the time someone broke into my bedroom and stole our shit. A lot of valuables, too. I was almost traumatized after knowing my PS2 was taken. I think I had a spare, which may be why I still have a PS2 in my possession, still in storage.

- - -

Is there anything that cheers you up on a shitty month?
Penguin
OT and FG cheer me up :)

Same Q
payney
doing what i want to do, whether it be playing games or talking to my friends. but if everything's really bad it kinda just comes down to luck. wake up one more and i don't feel shitty, hooray!

same q
Tad Fibonacci
Probably playing video games, hanging out with friends or reading some books. Also OT.

Same question.
Achromalia
Listening to music definitely helps, and animations or animatics can be pretty cool to watch and pass time with.

Discord sometimes helps, but really, I've enjoyed being around FG and OT the most.

I'll also occasionally draw to pass the time and relax. Playing the piano during my math class in 3rd period helps a bit, given that the song doesn't depress me further.

If all else fails, I just try to talk to whatever friends I can, or try to distract myself for a while on Youtube.

- - -

How do you perceive the entirety of humanity, and our state of being?
Tad Fibonacci
Well, that's quite a philosophical question.
To be frank, I hate most humans. Most people around me are idiotic, greedy, incompetent fools whom would never work on the betterment of themselves.
I find it very hard to trust them to anything. Heck, I don't even trust myself most of the time.

That being said though, I trust in humans ability to achieve things through pure determination. There are people who worked really hard all their lives just to get mediocre results. But there are genuinely talented and hard working people who've done incredible things.

As for our state of being, I'd say we're doing pretty good so far. Life have certainly been better than 100 years ago. Because the world have already experienced 2 world wars already and people realized that wars are bad, we are genuinely trying to keep world peace.

---

Same question
Achromalia
It's difficult for me to really come up with a solid explanation as to how I view the world, how I view everyone.

Quite frankly, I don't understand humans. I don't actually understand how and why we've reacted in the ways we have, and for the reasons we've apparently seen to be justifiable.

I have a pretty neutral stance on others by default, and I make an attempt to avoid being bitter towards everyone. It's not very productive, anyways, as us humans rely on trust and cooperation, not aversion. Aversion only seems to complicate things further. We'd isolate ourselves further.

But given the circumstances, it's understandable to be bitter. We may be undermined by someone, manipulated, misguided, and even abused.

Yet there's others that show some degree of concern for us, and those who are willing to help us in each of our goals.

The personalities of others highly vary. Many would consider humanity as a whole to be a selfish bunch, though one's personal definition and idea of selfishness varies, as it can imply greed, or narcissism, or perhaps, just someone who's concerned with living their lives so they get things over with without being attached to others, which in their eyes, may hinder them in their work.

In any case, we may very well be selfish beings, but we're also collaborative beings by default, unless we've isolated ourselves or have been dejected by the majority of others. In this case, your point stands, where many can achieve things and endure a shitty life through determination, given that they were ever motivated in the first place.

This is where depression and being unmotivated comes in.

I'd imagine a great deal of us humans have sat around, weeping and cursing at every instance of misfortune, and perhaps, they stay there, not out of the need for pity or some shit, but perhaps because they feel they have no reason to, they feel inert, and generally lost.

I dunno. In this sense, I'd say I'm sympathetic to a degree, but I've only been able to judge from a perspective of a rather lackluster understanding of how everything works. Thus, I can only try and gain from what seems reasonable and applicable.

This would only be a portion of my thoughts on humanity.

Our state of being, is questionable.

No one really seems to know with certainty as to the cause of why we're here. Some turn to a god or deity of sorts, others in the concept of some essence of sorts. The rest of us just kinda blindly look on, searching.

In regards to our existence, I'm leaning towards nihilism, but I still do things regardless.

Put simply, Life may ultimately be pointless, but if that's so, death is equally as pointless.

- - -

Same question.
Tad Fibonacci
This isn't an answer to the question since I've already answered mine, so the question is still there for whoever is next.

But still, I'd like to state my opinion.
I can understand the points you've brought out and I mostly agree.
Humans are selfish creatures and that's a good thing, for we need to be selfish to be able to survive.

And for the existence of humanity, I think it's quite an interesting topic.
Most religions say that God have created humans in his image, but I find the opposite to be more convincing.
Humans are the ones who have created gods in their best images. If that is the case then humans are even more powerful than gods, since gods are bound by the rules, the settings that humans made them to follow, but humans can be whatever they want.
For example, if a god is inherently good then that God is impossible to be evil. But a human can chose to be good or evil, or even what good and evil is.
I think humans are even more god like than actual gods.

Friedrich Nietzsche is famous for his statement "God is dead" that's been misunderstood by many people. Why didn't he say that God isn't real or doesn't exist? Why say God is dead?
In ancient times, god was the answer to everything. But ever since the development of science and civilization, God have been rendered obsolete.
That's Nietzsche's way of saying that more and more people are losing faith in God.
Also, Nietzsche's idea of God can also be symbolic for ideals.
Most people are lost in life, yes. But there are some who would blindly follow an ideal to the end. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but there are dangerous ideals that can kill millions of people if it has enough followers, as have been proven through out history.
But let's just say this god is a real person. And like every one, god - since he's a real person, dies.
If that happens, would people will just stop believing in god?
No.
In fact, their beliefs would be even more strengthened.
So in a sense, it's ironic to be praying to a dead god.

And in my opinion, life isn't meaningless, nor does it holds any significant meaning.
Life is what you make it is.
It can be cruel, but it's up to you to make it easier.

So in my opinion, life's meaning is also decided by humans. If you say that it's meaningless, so be it. If you say that it hold deep meaning, then it does.
After all, only humans give things a meaning.
Even gods are meaningless without followers.
CatzerTM
I suppose i'll give my thought as well

humans are unique, unlike animals we rely on thoughts, feelings and emotions rather than just instinct. we were made in such as a way it makes me reality. i sometimes wonder. "why do we exist" "what purpose do we serve" "is there a reason for things to be the way they are now because of human evolution". Humans can be deadly as well friendly it's hard to consider some people as your friend as you never know if they might stab you in the back almost quite literally which is one reason why i don't like staying around people sometimes much less socializing with them. Human evolution has reached to a point now where anything is possible and you can expect anything. I sometimes wish i could spend a day by myself doing whatever the hell i want without people watching me from every corner constantly criticizing my every action whether good or bad, right or wrong. everything you do at least someone in this world is going to get offended by it. our philosophy is so generic that there is really no point in asking myself these questions.

All i'm going to say is that the main and only purpose of life is to live it and "make the most out of it" as some people say.

same question maybe
45Traeath
"The entirety of humanity" feels large, to me.
I mean, according to my way/logic, I can't put up an opinion based solely on people I've met so far.
If that matters, I would say that this "humanity" I've met is heavily disappointing.
I won't hide that part of it is nice, but the impact of the "disappointing" side left on me is just *OOF*.
I won't hope for the good to prevail ("above 80%") even for a second, but I would hope that there's a worldwide, minimum 50/50 ratio of good/evil.

"State of being"...? Like, "Where you/I think we are going"?
Straight down the path of decadence.

What's one of your "extreme luck" moment, if you ever had one?
If not, have you ever experienced "near-death" or a deadly wound in your sleeping dreams?
Achromalia

45Traeath wrote:

"The entirety of humanity" feels large, to me.
I mean, according to my way/logic, I can't put up an opinion based solely on people I've met so far.
If that matters, I would say that this "humanity" I've met is heavily disappointing.
Fair answer. Though, making an opinion on the entirety of humanity is supposed to be "large". We're judging several billions of people based on our worldview, despite how variable and diverse humans can be, in culture, personality, standing, and such. But yeah, fair answer.

45Traeath wrote:

"State of being"...? Like, "Where you/I think we are going"?
Straight down the path of decadence.
Not necessarily what I meant by the question. In my usage of humanity's state of being, I'm referring to "the fact or state of existing; being", and "the fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth". In the scope of the past and future-- well, we're pretty damn temporary, so any sort of great future seems unlikely with things considered as to how things are now. That, and that us humans cannot exactly say with certainty how we got here. We can only make claims.

- - -

OT: "Extreme luck" moment? That's a strange phrase, but ehm... I'm not sure, really. I may have, by some chance in the chaotic timeline that is life, but I don't have a particular experience I can point to.

Near death or wounding in my dreams? I'm not sure about near-death, but there certainly has been wounding and actual death within my dreams.

- - -

How would you compare an animated film to a graphic novel?
Cynplytholowazy
Hm

I'd say animated film is an animated version of graphic novels

Um can you not ask the person below you anything
Tad Fibonacci
I can chose to, yes. But the whole point of this game is asking people questions so I see no point in me not asking anything.

What was the most "epic" moment of your life?
Achromalia
...egh.

I don't think I could ever consider any moment of my life as "epic".

Life hasn't really been "epic". It's more along the lines of "chaotic", "disheartening", among pretty much any other negative trait i could describe it with, because i've just woken up and can't quite think as clearly or critically.

Well, I'll consider my entire past 3 or 4 years as "epic" for the hell of it. I mean, that's when shit got fucked over, and where life was suddenly a miserable thing for me. Not much of a reason not to use that for my answer.

- - -

What sort of person would you consider to be an ideal romantic partner in life?
Cynplytholowazy
ANIME GIRLS ARE JUSTICE

Which anime character you like the best
pentaqola
I barely watched anime, but I know for sure that Pikachu would be the one I like the most. Unless Pikmin has an anime, then you know who i am possibly picking instead.

Have you ever gotten a dream that doesn't make any sense? A bizarre dream to be exact.
Achromalia

i'm sure i have.

i dont care to remember right now.

do you like jokes?

what are your thoughts on the person who told you they'd share the joke but didn't tell you the joke?
Penguin
(im gonna read achro's and tad's wall of text once i get the chance later)

I like humor, but I don't really like "jokes" in the sense of a static setup and punchline. Messing around with friends and joking around is great, but premade punchline jokes that comedians make aren't really my thing. I don't really understand the second portion of your question.

Do you believe that one's mind is shaped more through innate variables at birth or through experience and interactions with the world around them?
(nature vs nurture)
Achromalia
i'm not in the mood to properly answer the question. it's a good question. you'd know why i asked the second part had you taken a look around, i guess.

it's a bit of both, i'd guess, but

more along the lines of change through experience.

sq.
Tad Fibonacci
The way I see it, living conditions do affect human's personality. But i feel like our personalities have already been decided the day of our birth.
For example, twins even though they are born into the same family, the same date and time, their experiences in life are still different to an extent but they are quite similar in living conditions, yet their personalities can be vastly different.
They can be born in the same environment and have similar experiences but they like and hate different things, and develop different personalities.

What are your opinions on wars, especially the 2 world wars.
45Traeath

Achromalia wrote:

45Traeath wrote:

<2nd part.>
Not necessarily what I meant by the question. In my usage of humanity's state of being, I'm referring to "the fact or state of existing; being", and "the fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth". In the scope of the past and future-- well, we're pretty damn temporary, so any sort of great future seems unlikely with things considered as to how things are now. That, and that us humans cannot exactly say with certainty how we got here. We can only make claims.
- - -
OT: "Extreme luck" moment? That's a strange phrase, but ehm... I'm not sure, really. I may have, by some chance in the chaotic timeline that is life, but I don't have a particular experience I can point to.
In that sense, it's to me surprising that we, as a whole, are still here.
That's at a first thought. On the second one, it seems... "Simple"? "Bland"?
The fact that "we are temporary" kind of loses importance, in my mind; I just can't feel that surprise anymore because ofthe next generations take over part of our "roles/work", "aptitudes".
- - - -
Well, it could either be someone or something, that came out of nowhere and saved you in any way.
Or any event that has a mathematical chance of below 0.1% to happen in your favor.
I only dropped that question out of... Distress? Eh.

*One day later*

Yeh, kind of, "distress".
It just pains me when I'm just not running into the right Pokemon at the right levels. (Sure, "nothing important", I would understand.)
30% is still too low for someone like me, it seems.
Wars as a whole...
Given that we were scattered around this huge field (planet) from the beginning, it feels like they were bound to happen due to us having different visions/opinions, which was due to the surroundings not being the same around all of us.
In a nutshell: I would forgive them for happening, but come on now.
(I wonder what kind of BS I would have written, if I didn't understand the logic of "differences and choices can lead to conflicts".)
WW1...
I forgot the context XD
WW2...
According to my memories from school, it began after a long setup by that racist and antisem' who was quite disgusted by the defeat during WW1 and the fact that his country just went with it.
I forgot the things I had researched about him, during the year I passed in uni', but eh.
So, my thoughts...
WW2 was the most pointless event that could have happened ever.
At least, lessons were learnt and countermeasures were taken afterwards, I guess.
Maybe this was the best way to make us aware of some stuff, which made us ("humanity") try to walk towards the right direction. That's what I'd like to believe.

After thinking about this answer, I kind of feel like I was born in the wrong time again, seeing how the bar is getting raised in Paris.
I'm not sure of the wording, so I'll just write another phrase: living there feels even more difficult than years ago.
Maybe because of whatever I've learnt so far.
How's that feeling, in your case?
TeeArctic1
In my case, I don't really think about being born in another time. I really make do with reality as it's presented, and strive to make the present as good as it can get. The 21st century brings a lot of advantages, and a lot of disadvantages though. Looking at myself, I probably wouldn't have minded being born earlier though, would give me more time to tackle big issues like climate.
I do feel like a 70-year old man sometimes, and have, much to my astonishment, caught myself saying things like "Youths nowadays..." begrudgingly, although I myself belong to that group.
But yeah, I'm fine where I am, led me to become who I am now.

Should we start using humans as resources?
Intricate matter, but some friends and me thought of why we don't make human leather from skin, or string from hair, or feed from the meat. What's your take on it ethically, societally,usage-wise and naturally?
Tad Fibonacci
Well, in a sense humans are resources. But just not in the way that you've said.
Ethically, it is obviously wrong but to be honest, I don't think that human parts are of good enough quality to be made into other produces.
Like, instead of using human skin to make leather, why not just use pig's skin or cow's skin? They mature much quicker than humans, easier to farm and their skin is of higher quality and quantity.
And by using humans as actual resources, you'd miss out on another invaluable resource - work resources.
Humans can be considered as a resource in the work force, in military and/or other.
So killing of humans just for their skins or bones is a waste in my opinion.

---

Same question
Achromalia
Ahhh, my lack of a solidly grounded opinion in most things regarding ethics, and my unfamiliarity with society and nature.

A good time to show my weird trains of thought before I sleep.

Cannibalism? If you've not the resources, like Russia's famine thing at some vague point in time and place since I don't remember dates or sources, then there isn't a whole lot you can do. In these cases, I suppose it would be a matter of governmental responsibility if taking care of their citizens is what they'd handle, of course. Eating the meat of a fellow human would be admittedly pretty fucking strange. Essentially, eating a sentient and intelligent being, seems like it'd be pretty fucking strange. Society, in its umbrella-term usage, generally sees this as rather immoral and inhumane.

Utility? I find it difficult that human bodies would be of a whole lot of use. I've yet to develop much else to say with this.

Naturally? What would that mean?

...Hmm. My thoughts aren't very well fleshed out as of right now.

- - -

What's your stance on the voting process or other stuff in OT for the presidential election?
Tad Fibonacci
I'm hosting the election and to be honest, it could've ran much smoother.
I kinda hate the fact that I had to reset the 3rd phase to make it work better.
Well, the voting method is quite okay now but I messed up too many times to make it so.

But I still haven't managed to get as many voters as before.
The voting phase will last for 3 days though so hopefully there should be more people that decides to vote.

---

Who would you consider to be your ideal life partner? / Describe your ideal life partner.
45Traeath
I can't even say "Who" because of my standards. I don't think I could ever find an "other half" like this.

Laid back. Not too much into fashion.
(Well, a change of clothes is nice, but I wouldn't want to buy at short intervals.)
Above all, keen sense of hygiene.
I didn't think of anything else in the 6mins I've used for this.
(I might throw away my family name for hers, if she has at least what I've just said, and a name I could accept.)

Just for the looks, what's your favorite melee weapon?
keremaru
Dual swords. Flashy, more crit rate, multiple stances available to give a competitive edge, and they make you look cool even when you're not using them.

What's your opinion on children's shows from 2016 - now?
TeeArctic1
I mean, you do have some good shows inbetween, and I love that smaller, independent artists have an easier time (purely subjective) breaking through and showing their work. I will say that I'm not as excited about cartoons now as I used to be, maybe because I grew up with some shows whose newer adaptations I didn't like (Titans GO, PPG, Ben 10 as a couple examples), but at the same time, I'm not too upset. Cartoons nowadays aren't made for me, they're made for this generation of kids, and if it works for them, I think they fulfill their purpose.

What concerns you the most regarding your future?
Tad Fibonacci
Whether or not I can make money.
I need money to have a comfortable life.
I'll need money to get my own place and car.
I'll need money to travel the world, to see places.

----

Same question
show more