forum

bad habit, can't read anything with a low ar or bpm.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lmg fishmaster
I play a lot of tech maps in the 5-6* range but can't read any jumps or ar9 or below and I can't tell what is going on, how can I fix this? I have tried hd, hr and I just can't begin to read these maps.
lewski
try playing more
Topic Starter
lmg fishmaster
I did
but it only gets worse, there is obviously something I need to do differently
katielikespp18
Practice being consistent at the 4* level. Stop doing difficult maps because it ruins consistency. If you want to get good at the higher difficulties, you want to practice consistency at the lower difficulties first.

Besides, you're 6 digit and there is lots of PP to be gained at the 4* range.

EDIT: You should also be playing to the beat as closely as you can. Practice it now and it'll make it easy to switch from low AR to high AR.
Topic Starter
lmg fishmaster

Discuzz wrote:

Practice being consistent at the 4* level. Stop doing difficult maps because it ruins consistency. If you want to get good at the higher difficulties, you want to practice consistency at the lower difficulties first.

Besides, you're 6 digit and there is lots of PP to be gained at the 4* range.

EDIT: You should also be playing to the beat as closely as you can. Practice it now and it'll make it easy to switch from low AR to high AR.

thanks, ill try going back to fc ing maps
Vuelo Eluko
im opposite anything above ar9.5 my fingers tense up and i cant read well
lots of noob mappers overdoing it nowadays, ive lost count of how many ar9.8+ maps I've edited down to like 9 just so they are readable. I don't care if your map is 6*+ you really don't need near ar10 for dam 200bpm..

3-4 yrs ago i could read high ar fairly competently but i seem to have lost the skill. At least for ar8 dt I can use Hidden to make it tolerable and still set scores. (most of my recent dt plays are with hidden)
Jefu
Play more low bpm maps or maybe maps with ar8. Anyhow as Discuzz mentioned maybe step back towards 4* maps for a while, as there is ranks to be gotten there.

Personally, I find low ar maps to be frustrating and have a more enjoyable experience playing fast paced maps. If you find yourself having more fun playing hard maps I'd say do that then, but just remember mixing it up is beneficial.

Also, play more. c:
UnnamedBeast
play low ar bad? play low ar then
Implojin
Your profile looks like you don't have a problem with low AR at all, but rather that you're trying to play maps way above what you're actually capable of playing.

Like, dude, your scores are 4*ish, your problem isn't that you've lost the ability to read AR8, it's that you never learned it in the first place.

Drop down until you can fc what you're playing without retrying, then press F2 for a while until you get better.
Shoy

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

I don't care if your map is 6*+ you really don't need near ar10 for dam 200bpm..

The 200bpm is way easier to read on AR9.6-10 than AR9 for me tho.
And this is the case for few people I guess.

On lower difficulties I had my preference for AR9 too, since they were still kinda easy to read.
On higher difficulties, all those "fast maps", like Disconnected, Beautiful Loli Thing, etc... that exist both in AR9 & AR10 feel like they're super hard to read on the AR9 version.

Higher AR on higher Bpm : Less objects on the screen, more readable.
I'm talking for myself here, but it's interesting to see how people deal with AR & BPM.
Vuelo Eluko

Shoy wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

I don't care if your map is 6*+ you really don't need near ar10 for dam 200bpm..
The 200bpm is way easier to read on AR9.6-10 than AR9 for me tho.
And this is the case for few people I guess.

On lower difficulties I had my preference for AR9 too, since they were still kinda easy to read.
On higher difficulties, all those "fast maps", like Disconnected, Beautiful Loli Thing, etc... that exist both in AR9 & AR10 feel like they're super hard to read on the AR9 version.

Higher AR on higher Bpm : Less objects on the screen, more readable.
I'm talking for myself here, but it's interesting to see how people deal with AR & BPM.
Idk i passed loli thing ar9 but not the ar10. The ar10 diff makes me tense up a lot more for some reason and I just can't play it as well. Disconnected is hard because of damn slider velocity for me, I don't think the ar is doing much.

Once the bpm gets to a certain point though i will gladly take uncomfortably high ar to uncomfortably high density, I'm no EZ player. Hidden is my go-to mod whenever it gets above ar9.5 or so. I think it's because I am getting old and my eye isn't what it used to be. Or it could just be the enormous rust I have yet to shake off from my huge 'hiatus'

Makes like atama or rainbow dash could definitely do with being like ar9.5-9.7 instead of 9 due to their bpms but unfortunately they herald from a time before that was an option.